Green Shorts for 2014 WC thread

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by ---Z---, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hello Portugal fans

I like our kits, but Really Hope Nike gives Portugal back its classic Green Shorts for the home kit for the WC in Brazil.

We should try and let Nike and the FPF know right away so that they have two years to get things right again

It will be 10 years since we had em.... and We need to get to the final again on Home Soil in 2014, since we own Brazil lol.

red & wite army repped this.
  2. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Z, I'm not worried about green shorts. I'm worried if we'll win a trophy or not. 2014 is the experimental stage where we'll have to new strikers to groom: Nelo & Vaz Te. The rest will be the same team as the euros.

3. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Why did they throw in the white shorts in 2008 and so forth? It threw me off. I'd like to see them having Green away kits with perhaps red or green shorts. But i agree, the green shorts are an absolute must have in our home kits. Part of me just wants a new brand to issue our kits, i am so bored of Nike. Puma or Adidas would be a nice change, i like their style.

4. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    I think the red top and white shorts is a sharp look, but I like the green shorts too. Red shorts? No thank you.

I agree that a green top would be really nice, and I remember someone posting a really clean mock-up they made of a green top a long time ago. However, since the home shirt is red, when Portugal also has a dark road top it almost never has to wear it. Think of the 2006-2008 black away jersey; Portugal wore that thing like twice. A lot of countries wear white at home, which means Portugal can just wear its home reds on the road. I like the idea, but it's kind of pointless for Nike since a green road top would hardly ever been worn.