GREAT NEWS FROM IRAQ! Americans drop to #3 in the torture rankings

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by DJPoopypants, Jul 3, 2005.

1. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

The guardian/observer is shining a light on the systematic torture of Iraqi civilians - by the new government, specifically the ministry of the interior. They cite multiple confirmed incidents. And they are sickening

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1520136,00.html

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1520186,00.html

So the good news is that americans have slipped to #3 in the torture rankings, which look something like this...

#1) New Iraqi government - a huge leap up the charts by this darkhorse candidate.

#2) Insurgency beheaders - they played a creative game with old-school tactics unseen for centuries, but they've dropped off recently

#3) Americans - plucky newcomers had some spectacular shows with heavy media attention, but seem to have stopped offensive actions - kinda like how the italians play a defensive game and haven't been able to beat the big boys.

#4) UK forces perennial modernday no-hopers who only have old stories to look back on.

Of course, the Pele of torture is old Saddam, who was recently forced to retire. But just like Brazil - it seems that the removal of one person from Iraq is not a serious setback.

There is some heartening news - american troops have occassionally acted to save Iraqis from government torture - storming prison cells and forcing the new Iraqi guards to release the prisoners.

I guess the only bad news is that we deposed a torture-loving dictator, and replaced his torture squads with equally proficient goons.

All the people who claimed the war was justified because of the horrible crimes Saddam perpetrated on his own people - you must be even more sickened to know that your tax dollars are being used to support the new boss (same as the old boss). In fact - its almost like how the oil4food dollars meant to help the Iraqi people were being diverted to saddam's goons. Except this time, its the signature of the western public on the checks, not private oil companies.

2. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Tell you what...Mr. Poopybrain

Why don't you start a thread where the subject is how we should go back to the Saddam regime, where the boys fed victims live to lions, and where political prisoners were stuffed, feet first, into spinning abbatoir blades?

That will make you feel good, won't it?

3. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    "#2) Insurgency beheaders - they played a creative game with old-school tactics unseen for centuries, but they've dropped off recently"

Sure now they just kill all their hostages.

4. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Because I don't want to see goons like Saddam's torturers in charge of Iraq. Especially ones subsidized by my hard-earned tax dollars.

But your point is what - death by abbatoir machines bad, torture by electric drills followed by death by bullet wounds good? And that you're perfectly happy supporting it with your tax dollars?

5. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh! Oh! Can we have gladiator fights like in ancient Rome too? Can we?! The Aussie troops will probably call Russel Crowe into service and we'll all be doomed, but it would be cool.

6. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure the good DJ will be happy to do that as soon as you start a thread arguing why we should go back to supporting the restored Saddam Hussein like we did for decades and detailing how Saddam committed his worst crimes when he was America's best buddy in the region and informing us why this was a Good Thing. You can also tell us why we should follow the Reagan administration's example by letting U.S. companies sell the newly restored Saddam the fixins' for WMDs that he used against his own people and send military "advisors" to show him how to use the new and improved stuff.

For extra credit, you can argue why we should bring back America's great friends Pinochet, Suharto, Noriega, Fujimori and a host of other various hideous torturers and mass murderers, etc. to help us control our global empire by practicing state terrorism, destroying human rights, and wiping out freedom and democracy.

7. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Hey, what can you say? These things happen...

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/international/international-iraq.html?pagewanted=print

8. Claus KJ

Claus KJ New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Aarhus, Denmark
  9. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow, I'm kinda shocked that we are ranked ahead of North Korea and a half dozen governments in Africa when it comes to torture. We got game!

10. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    North Koreans are part of the Coalition? They've been keeping a pretty low profile, haven't they?

11. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    Was it the first Made-for-TV misadventure or this darker sequel in which the former president of Iraq stopped being refered to by his surname? Great move, though: "Sah-Damn" sounds so menacing.

Oh, and the moral (;) ) of our story must be "Torture is ok, so long as it's boys on our payroll doing the torture".

12. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    Another Bush bashing thread by DJSh!ttypants

What a shock...........

13. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know. It's like picking on the kids riding the short bus, isn't it?

14. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Please find me where I blame Bush in this thread.

Because I thought I was shining the spotlight of shame on the new Iraqis who are doing government-sponsored torture.

Did I say something like "Bush tortures Iraqis", or "Because bush appointed bozos, iraqis are tortured again"? No - I did not. because that's partisan stupidity.

Or is everything anyone says a bashing of Bush?

It seems like the right-wing spin these days is that "any complaint about anything in the world = just more bush bashing by tired democrats and liberals".

15. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ

No it's just so easy to predict this place

Mel spouts of nonsense, gets called on it, then insults everyone who disagrees with him

ITN rambles on and on and on like a person with a head injury

DJ bashes America and Bush with at least 3-4 different topics

And every topic gets back to the same crap over and over - Bush sucks, no he doesn't, you're a moron, no you are, here have some neg rep, neg rep right back at you - ad nauseum

As for the short bus kids, never got my rocks off picking on the weaker kids but hey if that was fun where you grew up more power to you

16. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

yes, because my recent threads have been..

#3 torture - no mention of Bush. No criticism of america.
    bleeds/leads - no mention of Bush. Question about american media
    Gov pataki's son - no mention of Bush. Snide remark about new Haven = hatred of america?
    Governator, Bush girlie man - more a laff at Arnie than Bush, but I guess it could be interpreted many ways. But when 2 republicans clash, is that america bashing?
    Bureau reconstruction - question about Halliburton, new imperial ambitions. That's america bashing?
    Bush-backing bozo - criticism of Heritage foundation VP, not bush
    tortured at Gitmo - Certainly yes, a criticism of the administration headed by Bush.

So yes, 1 and a half threads in 2 pages directly criticizes Bush or bash america.

In other words - remind me never to ask you to predict lottery numbers.

Ooops - wait - I said a snide remark about you. Must be another criticism of Bush!

17. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DJPoopypants: You're right!

I gather georgeplmr is on drugs if he thinks I criticized the current administration; yet I evidently failed at some point as I apportioned the process of thinking in georgeplmr's behalf!

18. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Congratulations or Commiserations; whichever are in order. So who's number 5? Someone suggested the Aussies but I'm sure they'll top the Brits...especially with Russell "Maximus" Crowe at the helm.

19. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I must've missed that part of the requirements in the original note. Maybe because it wasn't there.

20. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Or then again maybe you weren't paying attention to the subject...