Great News: Freydoon Zandi can play for Iran

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Mani, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    According to IPNA, FIFA has approved the paper work for Kaiserslautern's Ferydoon Zandi and the German-Iranian defensive midfielder is now officially eligible to play for Iran in the final round of Asian WCQ.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Wow... thats great news... we need defensive midfields... great replacement for golmo.

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Freydoon Zandi is one of the top 20 most valuable players in Bundesliga. He's good! :D

4. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    The question is...will he want to play for Iran?

5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He did as recent as a few months ago!

Does he still want to play for Iran? We just have to wait a few weeks to see what comes out of this latest development.

6. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  7. hooshimaro

hooshimaro New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Texas
    Great news for TM
    I hope they invite him, I heard he is attacking middfilder and left footed, we need one so bad because we only have nikbakht
    we will be stronger in the second round, add Zandi, Kavianpour and Navidkia to the TM and see who gonna pass our middfilders.

8. SherwinRazmy

SherwinRazmy New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    The great news is he is elligable to play for Iran but the bad news is he does not want to play for Iran anymore. We don't need Zandi if he does not wan't to be apart of TM.

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Who said that? Plz provide a reputable source that says "he does not want to play for Iran anymore"
    The last we heard of him officially, was 3-4 months ago when he was very enthusiastic to play for Iran. So we just have to wait and see what happens now that he's officially eligible.

10. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    FIFA and IFF signal green light for Zandi: http://www.persianfootball.com/news/sticky/EEpEFAEkFECxPWpgjv.shtml

11. hooshimaro

hooshimaro New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Texas
    I think if he didnt want to play for TM, IFF would never go to FIFA to get the premmission. but i m afraid if we add Zandi to TM there gonna be player traffic in the middfild and that may cause problems between players who dont like to be on the bench. we have Karimi, Azizi, Mobali, add Hashemian to them too because Daie is the center forward and not gonna be replaced, we have Nikbakht on the left wing and I guess if Zandi comes he ll replace him, but look at the traffic we have. also add Navidkia and Kavianpour who ll be back by January.
    dont you think that may cause problem?

12. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We only have two players in Zandi's position: Nikbakht and Zareh
    I would drop Zareh from TM and make Zandi the fix with Nikbakht being a good sub for him.

13. hooshimaro

hooshimaro New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Texas
    well daie is the center forward then we have Hashemian playing in the midfield, now karimi and mahdavikia are not going to be replaced, then we have one position and 3 players, Hashemian, Nikbakht, Zandi. Unless he replaces goalmohamadi and be the Center Mid, and nekounam plays as DM.

14. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    I say we try him out in Nikbaht's spot and see how he does.

15. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Guys,

Several German and Iranian papers are reporting that Freydoon Zandi has officially, in a formal letter to Germany's coach Juergen Klinsmann, declined an invitation to join the German national team. He does want to play for Iran!

16. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    If I am the coach, I will

--Making Daei a leader of the team but playing a supporting role for the team.
    --Using Hashemian and Karimi on the top

That will resolve the problem. :p

17. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

Freydoon Zandi
    Born: 1979/26/4
    Club: FC Kaiserslautern
    Position: Left-sided midfielder
    Games in 2004/2005 Bundesliga: 15
    Goals in 2004/2005 Bundesliga: 4
    Assists in 2004/2005 Bundesliga: 5
    Kicker Average Rating: 3.5

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  19. SockersFC

SockersFC New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    USA
    Hopefully Zandi can get the defense organized. Especially thats his biggest role as the Iranian Defensive Midfielder. He seems like a great defender and thats really great news to hear about the Iranian defense getting stronger. Zandi just has to get the Iranians to work together on defense like greece (except without the 11 players which greece uses to play defense).

20. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Some more Zandi Photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He is a left sided midfielder who plays more of an attacking style of game just like Nikbakht ( They play in the same position ) but can also be used as a defensive midfielder if needed.

22. hooshimaro

hooshimaro New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Texas
    i just read an inteview with freydoons father, they asked him if fereydon wants to play for iran or not? fereydoon zandi`s father said that Fereydoon told him he ll decide by the end of the year whether he wants to play for Iran or Germany. Source: Khabar Varzeshi newspaper

I think he is waiting for Germany team to call him up and if they didnt he will play for Iran.................... Iran is an alternative for him

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Here is the link: http://www.khabars.net/detail.aspx?cid=20779

His mom wants him to play for Germany and his dad wants him to play for Iran :D

24. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Latest is: Since Zandi has already sent in his documents for nationality change. He is ineligible to play for Germany now. He has two choices now; play for Iran or not play international soccer at all :)

25. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Branko Ivankovic will go to Germany Sunday to Kaiserslautern to see how Zandi will perform in the match and to speak with him after the match about TM.

Kaiserslautern will play with Zandi vs. FSV Mainz 05! It´s a Derby in Kaiserslautern. Kick-Off is 17:30 CET TIME.