Great Beckerman article on Soccernet

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Hed7181, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Hed7181

Hed7181 Member

Jul 1, 2003
    VA Beach, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Sandy

yep....I saw it too and was going to post it. Thanks Hed....we will do our best against United and the Goats. I was high on Beckerman before we got him and he has definitely lived up to that hype. I'm glad we have him. What do you guys think?

3. edaw33

edaw33 Member

Sep 28, 2006
    CLINTON, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FREAKING (emphasis on FREAKING) love the dude. I think Jason is bringing in the type of team we want to see, a little bit of a Jerry Sloan blue collar type of team. Although most peeps here are not high on him, you gotta love Alecko as well. The guy works his rear end off.

Despite everything going on with this team, i can hesistate to think with the extra cap space we bring in some more help and really put forth a great team next year. I see no reason we do not make the playoffs next year.

Beckerman=STUD
    Argies=PIMPS
    Alecko=STUD
    Findley=STUD

Just some more help in the attacking mid + D and we are there. Let's just keep building a good young group of talent and build a force to be reckoned with in the years to come.

Edaw33

4. Via_Chicago

Via_Chicago Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's my opinion that Ballouchy =====> Beckerman will go down as one of the most ridiculous and lopsided trades in recent (2004-present) MLS history. You basically traded an unproductive (0 goals and 0 assists at the time of the trade) and unpolished potentiality for a fringe National Team quality player. What a bargain.

You have to like what Kreis is doing. I'm not sold on his player management and in-game management abilities yet, but he seems to know how to assemble a winning team, something that I can't say for Ellinger. The Argentines look good so far, and Findley has been a clutch acquisition. This team needs some width and some defensive stability, but that should come by next season.

5. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    You are making the assumption that Ellinger wasn't involved in making the Ballouchi===> Beckerman trade. Seeing as the trade was for another of his U-17 boys, that may not be correct.

6. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn you, damn you Clavijo!!!

And I don't think its as lopsided as Mathis - Cunningham.

7. blitzzfan

blitzzfan Member

Jul 25, 2000
    St. George, UT
    I know for a fact that Ellinger wanted Beckerman from day one. I think Clavijo just needed a couple of years to work on his "plan".

8. Immanuel Kant

Immanuel Kant Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Sandy
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Holy crap, I'd already forgotten about that. We seem to be doing to Colorado in the front office what we haven't been able to do on the field. Someone in Colorado needs to erase RSL's phone number from the speed dial and place a call block on the 801 area code. That's just sick.