Graphics card

Discussion in 'Technology' started by elainemichelle, Aug 26, 2003.

1. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    The colors in pictures are switched all backwards. Mostly reds instead of blues. My friend's boyfriend said I need to reset the graphics card but at the moment he can't remember how to do that. We've tried fixing the resolution and such through the control panel to no avail.

So how do I reset?

2. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I am not exactly sure what you mean. All colors you see in the monitor are mixed with 3 colors, which if I recall correctly is yellow, red, and blue. If one of the color goes out, such in your case the color blue, the image you see can be very red. It's not necessarily the graphics card. The most common problem I saw is that in the monitor to PC connector, one of the pin broke either internally or externally. Or the problem can come from the monitor. You should try to plug the monitor into another PC just to make sure your monitor is fine.

After that I will focus on the PC. Look at the socket of the video card connector to make sure you don't see a pin stuck in one of the holes.

After that swap the graphics card with a known good graphics card. If the graphics card is the problem, just buy a new one. It's sooooo.... cheap nowadays. You shouldn't have trouble buying a decent used one for 5 bucks or less.