Gramanet-Barça [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Mario, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    We broke the spell, we won 0-1, Mr handsome again (thanks for the nickname Chris! :D)

Theres a praise for Garcia's performance:

http://www.sport.es/Barsa/article.asp?id=75029

Basicly says:

Luis García, played on the left flank, tried everything against a hard as rock defense, he was the only one with dangerous moves besides Ronnie

Iniesta, played with a good workrate and very accurate, on the first half as a fantasista had trouble to click, once Ronnie took his position he felt comfortable as a CMF he won the ball that finally Ronnie sent to the net

Thiago Motta didnt play good, the italo-brazilian was absent although tried his best to recoup balls, he was subbed at 60th minute, his replacement was Oscar López the young LB took Van Bronckhorst's place who moved forward to help Xavi, Lopez played an inspired match

2. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 frickin goal against Gramanet.

and who had to come to our rescue...that's right, Ronnie.

this is getting tired.

3. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barca needs a recall election for Laporta and Rijkaard. LOL! The Toothed one is now are leading scorer. and let me ask before I shout to the hills, did Saviola play at all?

4. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Yes, Saviola played. It seems that Barca is not in form at all. 1 goal against second devision team is just not enough. And we were lucky, Grament twice hit the grade!!! I am asking myself how would Barca play if Ronnie get hurt?

5. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Sport

http://www.sport.es/Barsa/article.asp?id=74974

6. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kobra, why do u torture me...

7. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry, i forgot you were not a spanish speaker.

basically says that we sucked :)

VERY VERY rough translation

Again we see a Barca without rythym, depth and with out the capacity to beat a team one on one, without good first touches, and without diagonal runs by the forwards, NOTHING.

it goes on to talk about how Gramanet was better adjusted to the artificial surface, and had more motivation that made them all in all superior to Barca that night.

8. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    very humble on your behalf Chris, that was a LITERAL translation!

9. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I am somehow affreid of Deportivo game. Some facts:
    They are in form, Barca is not
    If Roonie wont be fit we will 100% lost
    If we recive a quick goal, we will lost
    Kluivert will play, that means no goals again
    Puyol is tired, Gabri dont play yet-a problem I would say
    Cocu is not a defender, he is a midfielder, and Rijkaard dont give Andersson a chance
    Our midfield players are not creative, so we will play once more-give a ball to Ronnie and hope he will score, but if he wont play, who will?
    Luis Garcia and Quaresma should play from the start, but they are young and not Dutch, so Overmars and LE21 will play at the start
    LE21 should play in midfield behind Ronnie the place where Gerard play, but is would be to offensive play and Rijkaard wont like it.

I hope that Rijkaard know that we must win this game and will risk more, but as we have seen by now, there is a small chance. And a word about Laporta, now he is president, he has promissed wins, a new barca and that he will cover debts. As he has said is this possible only if Barca qualiffay for Champion league next season. If we lost Deportivo game, are Deportivo, Valencia, Real Madrid , Soiciedad... ahead of Barca and in CL goes onlf four teams. Than he lied. So or he will fire Rijkaard or a new Gaspard story and two more years goes by. Nobody likes that, so better barca win the game. Anyhow, a lot of comments will be post here, if we win or lost. So lets win finally!!!!!!!

10. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to start on the Negative. Assuming Barca loses to Superdepor. Where do we go from here? Granted it'll onl be 7 of 38 games. But Catching Madrid + Valencia won't be easy.

What, if you were Rijkaard and this 4-2-3-1 is your system. and you're sure you can't change it what do u do? Do you start to tell certain players they aren't performing in public? Do u take a player to task and say..'either raise your performance' or you sit down."

I think we should try Motta + LE21 in the Middle w/ Overmars + Saviola wide. Quaresma is playing like C. Ronaldo. even though both of them dribble w/ their heads down, they still create problems and chances and set pieces from Corners (which is another problem) to me Xavi's Free Kick ability is what keeps him in the Starting XI right now.

Cristiano Ronaldo has played about the same amount of minutes as RicQua but CR's ability to move from Right to left gives him a sort of advantage. However, I feel like Quaresma is a better passer than C. Ronaldo.

11. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    SAVIOLA IS NOT A WINGER!!!!!!!!!!!

12. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    yup, he is a pure new, hot, young striker who should play more, and on his position, infront of Ronnie where he could put ball behind the net. Yup , he is a striker not a winger.

DFR, some definitions for you:
    a STRIKER is a guy who put the ball behind the net (Saviola, Van Nisterooy, Makaay, Vieri, Ronaldo...)
    A WINGER is a guy who crosses and passes balls to stiker and sometime give a goal (Quaresma, Beckham, Giggs, Van Meyde...)
    A KLUIVERT is guy who have chances, who play all the time, who do everything and than miss the goal ( Kluvert, Carew, Heskey...) :D-just kidding

13. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    I couldnt have said better myself! :p

14. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look goddammit. He's Fast, he can dribble, and is not strong enough to fight off big central defenders. He's a Winger as long as Rijkaard is in charge. He could of course play the withdrawn striker where his speed and dribbling skills can be of use but Ronnaldino plays that role. Besides why can't Saviola play the wing he is better than Cristiano Ronaldo and Ronaldo is on a more successful team (right now)

Also, CR is playing against better Left backs in England. Sure we have Quaresma, but take a look at this...

--------------------Kluivert
    --------Ronnie-----------------Saviola
    Overmars/Garcia------------------------Quaresma

---------------------Xavi/Motta/Gerard----------

Navarro/GvB ---- Marquez ----Reiziger ------Puyol

And if this fails, use a 3-6-1

15. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    sometimes your logic challenges me!

16. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not completely my doing, however. This is just the Attacking formation. On defence, Ronaldinho drops deeper even though he will never be a destroyer, on counter attacks with Saviola and Kluivert already up top and the ball on Gaucho's foot w/ Overmars + RQ20 running (at their blazing pace) Space will be created and Ronaldinho cannot be tackled one v one.

and BTW, Henry started as a Winger and became a hell of a striker. I think Saviola can play both positions effectively. So what if he's not the best crosser of the ball. Depending on the system you don't need that (again, see Cristiano Ronaldo)