Grade the US v. Panama

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Huss, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Grade the US v. Panama

2. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

May 9, 2003
    Toronto
    they stunk, lucky to get the equalizer late by Cobi Jones

3. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    A draw is never a failure. Maybe you can call it a D, but a road draw in particular is never a failure.

4. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to be able to give them a D. I'd give them an F if they had lost. A "C" is far too generous.

5. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    A- for Panama's attacking attitude. They should have scored a the very least another goal. B for their defending. They got complacent right at the end.

C for the US's attacking attitude. D for their defending. A+ for their unbelievable luck.

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Breaking it down I'd give them a C- for the first half and a D- for the second, D over all.

But then again the field conditions really took Donovan and DMB's speed out of the equation. So I'm not really all that bitter about the game like most people are.

7. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F - it can only get better from here. I know we could have lost that game, you know what, we should have. That was nothing short of sad and the fans are demanding MORE. Bruce has his work cut out for him, this was hardly a confidence builder.

8. I hate ref's

I hate ref's New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    Greensboro,NC
    I know all we need to do is to get points and make the next round. I just get so fired up waiting for the game and then they play poorly. I know the field conditions were horrible but they never got on track...I know Bruce is trying different lineups but we didn't finish our chances in the first half and Panama gained mo in the second.....

We are lucky to get out of there with our wallets

Still hate'n

9. DesMoinesSoccerScene

Sep 9, 2004
    It's always unfortunate to look so forward to a game that can be ruined by weather, but it happens. I personally have never played in a game that the weather has made it so terrible that there weren't a few positives to be had of it. The US vs. Grenada game a few weeks ago was just dreadful. It's painful to watch that kind of soccer, but at least we know they won't be that bad everytime we watch them. We were just victims of a bad circumstance, this being the weather and maybe even the refs. Oh well, a point is a point, a lot better than nothing. Time to look forward to the next game.

10. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Well if we were finishing better... Anyway, didn't they say something about we have a streak of something like 27 matches now without a loss in Concacaf? The last lost being in Azteca, I think..???

11. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    F? I agree we looked kind of puny, but a road game in crappy conditions in which we pulled out a (no, folks, it's not exactly "lucky" when you pull out the draw in the waning seconds 4x in one year) tie.

F? Not an F. Not if you know anything about qualifying in our region, or for that matter qualifying in general. The result is the most important thing, not how you "looked" (no argument the operative word is "crap"). If we got an F, what did Jamaica get over the weekend against them? What about Costa Rica's qualifiyng so far? G? H?

F? According to the announcers last night (i.e., not sure if this is 100% verified), the US has 3 victories EVER against Mexico and the 6 C. American countries in qualifiying. EVER (and they are apparently all 3 against Honduras). It is REALLY hard to get a win there. How many teams in the world could have gone in to that stadium last night and gotten a "good" result? To say we didn't get a win means we should get an 'F' is not realistic.

Gee, I need to get some dinner. I could go on all night, but I need calories... :D

12. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I go "B". Stop! Drop! Stole!

This yearly task is upon completion. Team Hatti surprises. Several last minute scores. The bigger nations could prosper here. I hope. Team U.S.A. watch alot of film (coaches, players, staff ect...) because results expect forward movement in cup.

13. dienasty

dienasty New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Silent Earth
    we are starting to make a habit of stealing those late minute equalizers. as max said, the Cardiac Boys. please don't devour me for quoting Max. but the game was still rough, pitch, finishing, et cetera. It could have been better but a point is a point after all I suppose. It seems like the U.S. never gets a real true to essence "home game" it may be in the U.S. but the fans are not exactly cheering for the boys so I think that they are pretty used to hostile atmospheres such as Jamaica, Los Angeles, Panama and they will be very ready for the pressures that will be in Germany.

14. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gave them a C merely because they got the draw, even if it was by a stroke of sever luck. Otherwise, it would've been a straight up "F".

15. worldfootballgenius

New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Jul 9, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a D, why is that the letter that;s missing?

16. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of times anything below average is considered failing. A lot of my college classes were A, B, C or F.

17. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    D.. Played well for part of the first half, but getting out played by a team ranked 106, lifeless and only tieing because the ref blew the offsides call on coby's goal. On second thought, I want to change the grade to an F! Horrible showing.