Grêmio FBPA [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 17, 2002.

1. gremista

gremista New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary
    Re: Grêmio and Porto Alegre

Hehehhe...remember hearing those jokes many times. Interestingly the Gaucha's are famous for their beauty

I always understood it was best translated as trade union/syndicalist? But will guess GRBomber has a better hang on things than I concerning Port

Rio Grande d. Sur is a great state...fantastic food! I always found P.Alegre a little on the boring side, but the people were very nice and, again, fantastic food. Many years ago had a girlfriend from there, which prompted my interest in Gremio

Teams from the south generally are known for playing a more physical style of football. This may have changed over the last few years but they often played with a combination of the physical style of Rio Platense teams while retaining some of the jogo bonito many Brasilians teams are known for. I do remember that the Argentines hated drawing Gaucho teams in Libertadores. They found them to be the most challenging Brasilian teams they faced, probably becasue they were every bit as physcal

2. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Your post contains the truth! :D
    1 - The Gaúchas are indeed very beautiful.
    2 - The word "Grêmio" also has that political meaning, but a grêmio is not as organized (or strong) as a union. It's more like in schools/universities where you have certain students who fight for the students' rights. I don't know if I'm making myself clear here.
    3 - They sure have that physical trait! I guess that's because they are closer to Uruguay and Argentina. Luis Felipe Scolari (now coaching Portugal) made some great teams while coaching Grêmio.
    They played with a lot of defensive discipline, but still had the spark that brazilian teams have.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Where did your brother manage to find a Gremio jersey?

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Indianapolis, IN of all places...lol.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Wow, I sure wish I found a soccer store near me that sells Brasilian league team jerseys.

EDIT: Bears fan, eh? We gave you your only NFC loss and I hope to play you in the playoffs. :)

6. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre

Thats too bad. He should ahve gotten you an Inter shirt. Gremio is #2 in Southern Brazil. Inter is #1 , the Club of the People. Watch this film and look what you are mssing by being on the wrong side...theres lots of footage of Gremio in this film I put together.

As for Porto Alegre and the State of Rio Grande do Sul...we have the best player in the world...the hottest Model in the World (Gisele)...the most known type of Brazilian food in the world (Brazilian BBQ - Churrascos)...Porto Alegre is one of the best cities in Brazil to live in...etc etc..

High Quality Video:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/8643110/inter_film_2005.wmv.html

Lower Quality if you dont have the patience to Download a file:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=6FCiEfHM1JY

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

lol way to sell it. One of my friends in Brasil is still trying to convince me to cheer for Vasco, but that'll never happen :)

8. Juan Carlos II

Jan 14, 2004
    Lytham St Annes
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I visited Porto Alegre in Dec 2000 (for work) and due to the engineer who looked after us during our visit became a Gremio supporter, according to a girl I met on my last night out who I kept in touch with for a couple of years I should have chosen Internacional because they're a far superior team but I don't care, I bought the Gremio shirt and wear it with pride....Well done on the promotion!

Beautiful city, fantastic BBQ's and lovely people, enjoyed every minute of my trip and hopefully will return again one day.

9. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How do you figure that? Anything I have seen shows Gremio as having more supporters. Nothing wrong with loving your team and being a great supporter. I'm just wondering if that's just a biased fan statement or do you have something legitimate to back it up. Here is one of the sources I've seen list the number of supporters Brasilian teams have: http://www.ofutebol.com/clubs.shtml

Anyway, thanks for the video. Great stuff.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

LMAO, this is going to be great. *grabs some popcorn*

EDIT: Hmm..those numbers don't look to accurate. Flamengo doesn't have ONLY 25 mil...that is a slap in the face..

11. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL! This is not to pick a fight or start a flame war. I have no interest in the rivalry between Gremio or Inter. I was just interested in why he says they are the club of the people in southern Brasil. Just like you, I prefer the real club of the people, Flamengo. Although, since I'm not Brasilian and don't feel the passion of the rivalry I actually like both teams when they aren't playing the Red and Black. :D

Also, those stats are estimated and from a couple of years back. I also saw a similar chart somewhere else which showed Gremio with the most fans in southern Brasil. Unfortunately I haven't been able to track it down yet. Anyway, as I said I really enjoyed the vid and I'm just going for some conversation on Brasilian futebol not a flame war for all to enjoy. LMAO.:p

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

With SoccerScout, it could be a flame war...lol

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Volante Lucas permanece no Tricolor

[​IMG] PORTO ALEGRE - Não houve acerto entre o Grêmio e o Lokomotiv Moscou (RUS) para a venda do volante Lucas. Uma segunda reunião entre as partes foi realizada na manhã desta quarta-feira, no Estádio Olímpico, com a presença de representantes do clube russo, do procurador Carlos Leite, do pai do jogador, Jackson Leiva, do presidente do Grêmio, Paulo Odone, e do vice de finanças, Túlio Macedo. Os russos permaneceram no encontro por apenas 20 minutos. A negociação não aconteceu porque o Tricolor não aceitou a liberação de Lucas antes do final da Taça Libertadores. O Lokomotiv queria que o jogador fosse imediatamente para a Rússia.
    O clube estrangeiro atingiu o valor exigido pelo Tricolor, algo em torno de 6 milhões de euros (cerca de R$ 16,5 milhões). Mas a vontade do jogador de permanecer no clube para a disputa da Libertadores fez com que o negócio não acontecesse.
    - O Lucas fica no Grêmio, porque queremos contar com ele até o final da Libertadores, para a qual vamos formar um grande time. O Lokomotiv até atingiu os 6 milhões de euros que queremos, mas o negócio não sai. Agora sobre a situação financeira do Grêmio, quem deve responder é o torcedor, que vai nos ajudar a manter uma equipe forte. O próprio Lucas também afirmou que quer ficar para nos ajudar a ser campeão - diz o presidente Paulo Odone.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/ESP/Noticia/0 ,,AA1440488-4274,00.html

14. bigdinok

bigdinok New Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Gremista e FCDallista...espero que Dallas vence do Club Atletico Paranaense!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 07 Marco 2007

15. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    hey how is saja playing, is there any website in spanish or english that can keep me updated. thanks:)

16. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  17. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    come on, with little effort you can understand portuguese.

Saja is an awesome goalkeeper. The conquered the Grêmio fans with his brilliant saves, and he stood 6 or 7 matches without suffering any goal. But last sunday he suffered 4 goals in one match... none his faul of course. Anyway, Grêmio won 5-4!! :)

18. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    haha, thanks i actually had to stop in brazil on my way to usa from argentina in 2003 and the airplane stewardess only spoke Portuguese, we had to speak slowly for me to understand. anyways i caught alot of it but it takes me some time to understand all of it,, and i don't have much of that. but thanks a lot he is a fan favorite of san lorenzo.

19. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    surely, SPOKEN portuguese is hard to understand (as spanish for me), but to READ portuguese is not that difficult.

20. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Tolima 1, Grêmio 0. Grêmio's unbeaten streak this season come to an end. Here's hoping that Grêmio will avenge this when Tolima visits the Olimpico Monumental.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Grêmio loses to Cúcuta by the score of 3x1 and now things get complicated..

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Grêmio 1, Cerro Portenho 0. Grêmio survives a tough match but wins at home and seals its berth in the round of 16. Another team will represent Brazil in the 2007 Libertadores.

23. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Everyone talking bad about Inter but Gremio scores ONLY 4 goals in 6 games in the Libertadores and STILL amde it through in a CRAPPY group. Inter had a better recor in a harder group...so is life I guess....but the fact remains Inter had a better record...

its rediculous that Gremio scored only 4 goals and finsished FIRST in their group what a joke!

24. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I thought you said in the other thread that losing is a part of life and you move on? If that's true why are you here in the thread of your team's top rival whining about how Grêmio this that and inter this that?

Dude, you're not over it. LOL

25. Templinho

Templinho Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Wirral, England
    Hi, I'm a Liverpool fan and would be interested to hear about Lucas Leiva. Thanks. :)