Got WC '06 USA Tickets!!!

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by NAC Orlando, Apr 20, 2005.

1. T. Donovan

T. Donovan New Member

Jun 11, 2001
    Newport, MN
    TST-4 application rejected.

2. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    if you applied for tickets, please vote in the poll so that we can get a tally of how many got tickets and how many were rejected.

thanks

3. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    empty seats might be better than the real concern, that their filled with the fannies of fans of our opponents ....

4. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

England has a rather smart idea that I'd like to see them implement in the USSF and would expect them to do so soon if demand becomes greater.

In order to apply for England WC tickets (or UEFA Championship) through the Fed, you have to belong to the official fan group (like USSoccerFan). However, in addition to registration, points are kept on the number of home and away qualifiers you attend (through buying tickets). So if you went to all five home qualifiers, you would get priority over the individual who went to one. But, you would be behind in line the guy who went to all home qualifiers and all five away qualifiers.

5. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent point. I'd be curious to see how Mexico, Japan, and Iran (and other nations with a strong chance of qualifying) TSTs sold.

6. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Touché. :D

7. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    It requires organization that USSF currently does not provide (nor require). Part of England's dilemma is ensuring who is traveling so that they are not sanctioned for any hooligan activity. When I was planning to watch an Arsenal vs. Bayern game several years ago, I had a very difficult time trying to get tickets (not from availability but from authentication/process).

I went to all of the home WCQ 2004 and 2005 (to date) and I have tickets to Chi, RSL and planning for Hartford and CLB. If this was procedure, I would have to change how I get tickets. Many of the tickets that I had were bought by others. For example, Joe from the WCQ had the tickets in 2004 for CLB. Conversely, I have the CHI tickets for WCQ in May.

Each ticket would need to have a "frequent fan id" or no credit would accrue.

8. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    there's no place like home,
    there's no place like home.

[​IMG]

:D

9. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
    I got my request!! TST-7 :)

10. YankeeHoo

YankeeHoo New Member

Aug 10, 2004
    NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of the teams that filled their quota, the five non-euro nations were (probably not surprisingly) US, Mex, Japan, Brazil, Argentina- I think the problem with how the TST was set up was the fact that your tickets would transfer to the next match, rather than simply receiving a refund. People have (apparently)successfully used the TST method (when buying for other countries) as a backhanded way to grab tickets for the finals and semifinals..

Rant over, I don't want to take away from the joy of those who are on their way to Germany- hopefully we'll all join you either in the seats or on the streets

11. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Well, if I don't get tickets (still plenty of time) - I may just spend a month in Amsterdam. I'm sure that I'll find something to do and soak up some atmosphere!

12. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i checked the customer self service, and I GOT TICKETS!!!!! Got my confirmtion too when i got home... :D

BUT... as i said earlier, we were only requesting tickets to one game (the 2nd game in frankfort) so we dont know who will be playing there. BUT at least we are there for sure.... amazing.. i had all but given up hope... cant tell yall how excited i was to see that phrase "successful" in the customer self service area....

dont give up... ive got to try and get tickets for my friends for that game in frankfort too, so looks like i have to wait til 3rd phase....

13. radiogal

radiogal New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    I also got tickets - TST3. I feel very lucky after having read this thread and seen the poll. :D

14. bostonbully

bostonbully New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Liar. You'll be in the Fatherland trying like mad to scalp tickets. And you know it.

15. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    This is my fantasy - leave me alone! :D

16. DanteSoccer

DanteSoccer WC 86, 94, 02, 06

Feb 24, 2005
    Dallas
  17. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the fact that they (FIFA) through Germans into the general pool helped feed this. FIFA thought they were doing the rest of the world a service by not giving Germans their own special allocation. However, if you're a German national who would like to see multiple games over the month (inc. semis and finals as you've suggested), why not apply for the TSTs of the 'locks' for the finals? I don't think you would see non-Germans do this method because why travel all the way there to see another team?

18. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    I'm cross-posting this from the stickied thread.

Does anyone know for sure that TSTs will be available in Phase 2?

Thanks!

19. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read the thread.

20. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    http://www.skatelog.com/skaters/zack-phillips/

A really nice guy with a lovely wife. I hope he makes it to WC'04.
    Seems like he's into roller skating also.

21. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI... i just tried to email this joker to tell him what a effing idiot he is..and all my emails came back as dead addresses....

what a maroon.... write this guy off as a wannabe tony hawk and a rec soccer fan.... probably not even good enough to start on a co-ed team.. but he can do a slalom like nobody's effing business...

hey, by the way... did i mention, i got tix for WC2006???? sweeeetttttt :D

22. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    According to an e-mail I just got - USA TSTs should be available in Phase 2

23. T. Donovan

T. Donovan New Member

Jun 11, 2001
    Newport, MN
    That's great news! Was the e-mail from FIFA? What exactly did it say? How can USA TSTs still be available if our "entire allocation" sold out?

Questions, questions.

24. US Gooner

US Gooner New Member

Jul 12, 1999
    SF, CA
    They weren't clear in the article on the ticket website, but they seemed to indicate that it was the allocation for that phase, not the entire TST allocation for the teams that sold out.

"...but thirteen team specific quotas available in the first phase were taken up in their entirety..."
    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050420/1/3iml.html

Note the language: "available in the first phase", implying that there will be other tickets allocated for the second phase and beyond. I think. Just taking a guess here. In any case, it's great news that there may be TST tickets available for us in Phase II.

25. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Should bother me - but here goes:

Dear Mr. Thompson,

thanks a lot for your query.

At the moment there can not be given exact information about the ticket contingents
    of the second sales phase, as the number of tickets available during the second
    phase results from the contingents left of the first phase. Such, the number of tickets
    depends on the demand during the first sales phase.

USA TST should be available.

Yours sincerely

Your 2006 FIFA World Cup (TM) Ticketing Center