Got WC '06 USA Tickets!!!

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by NAC Orlando, Apr 20, 2005.

1. NAC Orlando

NAC Orlando New Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Got Usa Tst Wc '06 Tix!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all... if you put in a 1st round application for WC 2006 Tix using a credit card, then you can find out if you got tickets. Check out your credit card account profile online. Mine shows a charge for 3 tickets to a German/FIFA entity. Therefore, I think it is fair to assume that I got the tickets.

I requested USA Team Specific Tickets for the 3 first round matches. My friend did not get tickets, or at least has not been charged yet. So at this point I am flying solo to Germany in '06. Would love to start talking to others that are going and planning for the trip as early as possible (though we will not know for a while where the US is playing).

Take it easy y'all.

2. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations, but I'm not sure this is true. In the last Cup they charged you first, then refunded all but the fee if you didn't get them. Might be the same now.

3. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I recall, last time they charged you when your TST application was successful and tickets were allocated to you. The only way you'd get a refund thereafter was if the country you bought the TST to follow didn't qualify for the tournament.

4. McKinney_Burn

McKinney_Burn New Member

Jan 13, 2003
    Pizza Hut
    Drat. I have been testing this theory, checking my balance everyday. So far nothing. Not trying to rain on your construction, but I hope that isn't at true..... at least, I hope they aren't done yet. :)

Date of charge?

5. NAC Orlando

NAC Orlando New Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Date of charge was 4/18, and my friend who also put in with the same credit card carrier has not been charged anything yet.

For my sake, I hope this means that I got tickets. But, for your sake, obviously not. If all us die-hard US fans end up with tix one way or another, then I'll be happy either way.

6. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that Atouk's correction of my post is right. Still it will be good for you to get a confirmation. I want to see as many USA Supporters in the stands as we can get. Have your friend keep trying, there will be more opportunities and maybe even a secondary market at some point.

7. US Gooner

US Gooner New Member

Jul 12, 1999
    SF, CA
    I just checked my account and there hasn't been a charge. Typically my online account doesn't post until a few days after the charge is made, so I'm holding out a little hope. I still concerns me, though. (Oh and for those of you scoring at home, I ordered 3 x TST-4 sets, Category I.)

Looks like a lot of US tickets sold, too. From the FIFA site:
    "A clear majority of the applicants hailed from Germany, but thirteen team specific quotas available in the first phase were taken up in their entirety, namely Argentina, Brazil, England, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, USA, and the host nation.

Ranked by number of applications, Germany headed the list followed by Great Britain, USA, Japan and Switzerland. Some 6.25 million (72 percent) of the 8.7 million valid applications originated in Germany."
    Original link here.

Fingers crossed...

8. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    Will the US get a allocation through USSF like in 2002 after they qualify? I was under teh impression that through ussoccerfan.com we would have the opportuinty to apply in November?

Please PM me the answer as I only get on here every couple days or so.

9. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's the thing to hope. I'd guess they simply aren't capable of processing that many charges in one day and it'll take awhile to charge everyone who got tickets.

10. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i have seen posts of credit card charges on 4/17 and 4/18, so it clearly didn't get done in a single day (which makes sense since it took the computers 10 hours just to run the program to select the lottery winners and you would think this would take longer). and, i know i made a charge on my card night before last that doesn't yet appear on my account, so depending on your company there definitely can be a lag.

**again, the latest charge i've currently heard of is 4/18. can anyone report of charges for WC tix after 4/18?

one other thing that might be cause for hope even if you haven't been charged yet is that there might be some kind of "waitlist" -- if someone won, but then something went wrong when they tried to charge the account on monday or tuesday, they may then go on to the next person on tuesday or wednesday, and so on.

11. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I was charged on 4/19.

Time to book a flight? :D

12. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    more hope for the rest of us :)

13. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

For sure I'll be a bit ticked off if I ain't getting tickets, now that my hopes are up.

14. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    done.
    Yes, as mentioned many times and many places. : ) Be patient and make sure your FULLY registered and your email notifacations are active to www.ussoccerfan.com

http://www.ussupporters.com/pageFAQ.asp

15. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California

do you have some inside information or other source that has confirmed that this is the case? i expect it will happen because it only makes sense, but my understanding is that ussoccer has not confirmed that they will have tickets and have urged everyone to try to buy tickets through the phases. it makes sense that they would do this in terms of following the party line (i mean, fifa wouldn't be happy with them if they were telling people not to buy tickets), but i'm a little nervous that it hasn't been confirmed, as well as wondering if any allocation will be sufficient for the demand from people who either didn't win the lottery or who have been waiting for ussoccer to make an announcement. if you've got a source, it will make me feel better. :)

16. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    U.S. Soccer Fan-
    We are passing along the information below from FIFA on ticket sales for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany to our ussoccerfan.com membership. We will share with you any additional information on World Cup ticket sales that becomes available to us in the future. Should the U.S. Men's National Team successfully qualify for the 2006 FIFA World Cup Finals, U.S. Soccer will receive an allocation of tickets from FIFA. As noted below, "the participating nations receive eight percent of the tickets for matches involving their team." Select tickets from that allotment would be made available to registered U.S.Soccer fans at
    http://cl.exct.net/?fe5e157372650379771c-fe2e107971640074751572 ussoccerfan.com (details on that process have yet to be finalized)

17. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    I wouldn't bank on the select allotment being that large to accomodate all the fans. My guess is sponsors will have their hand out well before the fans see any tickets.

18. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Then keep on trying for FIFA and save more for us ;)

19. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hello BigDog
    I´m member of Yanks in Germany!!!
    Thanks again for invitation there.
    I hope I will be able to help everyone who
    has questions concerning World Cup in Germany.
    Of course I will write special threads on bigsoccer
    about World Cup.

Greeting from Germany
    bltleo

20. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Even though I'm bummed that my credit card hasn't been charged, the best part about this is the fact that we did in fact meet our 1st sales phase quote of tickets. This will ensure that we will have a large contingent of travelling fans for the games....I'm looking forward to seeing half the entire end of the stadium in Red White and/or Blue and not an intermingling of opponents colors....

21. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, no charge on my card yet.

22. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Oh believe you me - I am trying any method I can.

23. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure hoping this is the case. I would love for everybody here, Sam's Army, Yanks in Germany, etc., to be filling all those seats. I just hope not too much of the allotment was taken by German expats or crafty Germans with American connections who thought their odds might be better to try via the USA.

24. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    The fact we could have 3000+ US fans in Ger is very exciting!

PS Hi Mirka, Guten Tag

25. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Before we get too excited about the USA TSTs selling out, let's remember that there is absolutely nothing preventing non-USA fans from purchasing USA TSTs in order to attend the matches.

Being that we are one of the few teams in the world almost assured of making the cup finals, it's a pretty good bet that quite a few people in Germany realized that their chances of getting tickets to the final go up dramatically if they order the USA TST+3 tickets. Just saying...