gorilla suits??

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Adam Zebrowski, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    Does anyone know where GORILLA costumes may be rented anywhere in Philadelphia?

Those in the know, know why we need them!!

2. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    Pierre's Costumes & Mascots 211 N 3rd St
    Philadelphia, PA 19106
    Phone: (215)925-7121

and a call to them indicates they have what we want.

Cost to rent is $85, with additional $100 security deposit, and they have as many as 10.

So here's the plan.

They are OPEN 10-4 opn Saturday's

And since August 17 is a Saturday, we can be there 10 AM or so and get our gear.

And then for the PLAYOFF game show up.

So, who wants to do this.

Deal is:

1) each person rents theirs at $85
    2) I'll cover the security deposit.

See me Wednesday in NC at the San Jose match if you are interested, or post here.

And the clue is, we would be making one of our foreign allocated players very happy to have a bunch of gorillas at the match.

3. sebe

sebe New Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Philadelphia, PA
    A true joie de vivre. I'm sure she would like that.

It would be pretty ugly to wear that suit if it's 90+ degrees with high humidity.

Somehow, I could see Glenn donning the gorilla suit.

I'll bring bananas...

4. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    A loyal fan's gotta do what a loyal fan's gotta do.

Just keep the water bottles lined up just like the Robin Williams LIVE recently on HBO.

Seriously, I''l check this place out this Saturday, then rent my suit on match day, 8/17

What would go well with this Sebe is an OVERSIZED BANANA, some thing like a beach ball.

So, if you or anyone else can locate one of those, then my life will be complete.

5. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    Let's just say something is better than nothing and for the grand low price of $28, I got the something.

6. mhj9charge

mhj9charge New Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Pa
    what's with the gorilla suits?

I'm sorry but can someone tell me why you are wearing the gorilla suits tonite, or am I not in the "know" about it?

7. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    OK, Pichon has a toy gorilla doll, and one of her victory celebrations was beating her chest like a gorilla.

I have only the head tonight, which I bout, renting the whole suit was $85, but that;ll wait till the playoffs.

8. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    so, we have a whole new cross breed. or an old one returning from the land of extinct.

9. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    Well, after wearing the head for about 3 hours in relatively mild weather, an afternoon match in the middle of August might get me buried at midfield.

So maybe, opening day next year, if it's about 40 degrees.

Also, too many little kids, and we don't want to do too much irreprable harm.

All I can say, is some of the looks should have been filmed.