GOP Failure Watch Part VI (Majority in House Edition) The Insurrection Caucus Sh*tshow.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Jan 7, 2023.

1. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Mook slang, more generally. Accompanied by pumping a semi-closed fist. It's a Joisey thing.

Cascarino's Pizzeria and charlie15 repped this.
  2. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    #3402 Cascarino's Pizzeria, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    The Cletus Safaris are gearing up again for 2024. Let's check in on some Trumpers up in diverse NH, shall we:

He's a shitty businessman. But you do you:

“You know [Trump] does a bunch of negative things and a lot of things I don’t agree with,” Konchek said. “But as a businessman he can run the country as a business that way.”

RFK fan. Joe Rogan has him on so he must be legit

"I also believe there’s a little more honesty to him than our average politician,” Raymond said. “He is willing to say that we should not blindly trust corporations or our government.”

Raymond said he was first drawn to Kennedy after a crewmate shared an interview on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast. He says other Republican leaning fisherman also are considering backing Kennedy.

Sure, he's lost some of his luster with all the insurrectin & court cases & stuff. But NH Rs still behind him.

“It’s definitely very much pro-Donald Trump,” Natalya Orlando from Londonderry said.

She was a Rand Paul supporter back in 2016 but voted for Trump in both the 2016 and 2020 general elections and is “pretty much” locked in for Trump in the 2024 primary. “From what I see here on grassroots, on the ground, it’s very much pro Donald Trump.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/19/politics/new-hampshire-primary-all-over-the-map/index.html

bigredfutbol repped this.
  3. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed that part of civic education.

4. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France

I read that article a couple days ago on CNN. The part that stood out to me was where they said Republicans are for the working class. That same day we had Tim Scott commenting on the UAW strike and basically saying we should give them the Reagan treatment, or something like that.

5. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the problem with the primary system. Who gives a flying f#ck what some toothless inbred hicks in Cow Hampshire think? Same thing with Iowa, where candidates have to go and pretend to care about the price of hog feed. But if you don't do well in those states you have an uphill battle by the time you get to any of the "normal" states where there's a mix of urban/suburban/rural, industry, agriculture, educated people and blue collar, etc.

They should do it like the WC qualifyers in Europe, where you get mix of states on the same primary day. A "big" state, a Southern, a Western, a mostly rural, etc. Just like you'd never see a qualifying group with Spain, Germany, Italy and Holland, and another one with Malta, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands and Estonia for the same tournament.

6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    "Cow Hampshire"... lmao

Shit, I'm just glad it doesn't all start here. Y'all are hard on states that are far more liberal than my own

7. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was he diddling the baby?

dapip and charlie15 repped this.
  8. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let those ********ers implode......

McCarthy Allies Turn to Democrats for Help

“The long-shot idea that Democrats could bail out the beleaguered Speaker Kevin McCarthy is suddenly getting real,” Politico reports.

“Small groups of centrist Democrats are holding secret talks with several of McCarthy’s close GOP allies about a last-ditch deal to fund the government… The McCarthy allies engaging in those conversations are doing so out of serious concern that their party can’t stop an impending shutdown on its own, given the intransigence of a handful of conservatives.”

“Many Republicans involved are incredibly worried about revealing their backup plan, wanting to wait until every other tool in McCarthy’s arsenal has failed.”

9. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    "Insurrection LLP" :D

usscouse, Mike03, charlie15 and 2 others repped this.
  10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don’t think a tooth pick and a toy gun count as an arsenal.

Dr. Wankler and charlie15 repped this.
  11. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    :eek:

12. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :ROFLMAO:

13. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure why they would save Qevin sorry ass though...

“House Democrats have begun internal discussions about how to deal with the prospects of a chaotic situation: The possibility that Speaker Kevin McCarthy could lose his job in an unprecedented vote on the floor,” CNN reports.

While no decisions have been made, some of the party’s moderates are privately signaling they’d be willing to cut a deal to help McCarthy stave off a right-wing revolt – as long as the speaker meets their own demands.”

Said Rep. Dan Kildee (D-MI): “If somehow Democrats are asked to be helpful, it’s not just going to have to be out of the kindness of our hearts. If Kevin can’t govern with just his part – which clearly he can’t – and he wants to have a conversation with us about how to do that, we are going to have a policy conversation.”

14. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    What I don’t get in this whole situation is that those so called moderate Republicans….that nobody can name…would be amongst the most powerful politicians in DC if they were to become Manchin’s of the house. They’d literally set their agendas if they worked with Jeffries.

rslfanboy, charlie15, dapip and 5 others repped this.
  15. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Uhhh...how is this bad, Mikey?

16. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    This was a theory advanced on the Bulwark at one point.

Why don't the 'Centrist/Moderate" GOP create a liberal rump caucus that holds the balance of power in the house and would have a lot of power in the Senate? Then they could actually get stuff. Like for instance their Ukraine priorities.

soccernutter, Mike03, rslfanboy and 3 others repped this.
  17. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  18. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because a) they’d be afraid of political violence and b) they’d be afraid of losing primaries.

IMO they’d be OK on Ukraine policy, but on most issues, that’s why.

Deadtigers and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  19. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The idea that some in the House GOP are moderates is a canard that has been dispelled. They may have been elected in purple districts but most of those folks are at best MAGA adjacents. Those who are not full cult members are afford or their shadows and would not do anything to rock the boat and attract a challenge from a MAGA in a primary. This lot is totally unredeemable.

20. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I think it's also not sustainable

Like Mittens could theoretically have gone much further, but as we know from his book he became a pariah in his own party and even with his own staff just for the impeachment vote

Deadtigers, SetPeace, song219 and 2 others repped this.
  21. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m assuming fear of GOP primary voters?

Deadtigers and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  22. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    dapip repped this.
  23. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the life of me, I can't comprehend that some would look at that clown show/dumpster fire that is the House GOP and the Republican Party at large and decide this is the party that will help their life and they will support and vote for.
    At this stage, it is clear GOP voters are simply motivated by cruelty, grievances and bigotry. That is the (lowest) common denominator. That is why when I meet some of those clowns (either here or online in general or in real life), I can't hold my contempt and disgust of those people.

24. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Yeah i think there is just no organising principle for it

Deadtigers and bigredfutbol repped this.
  25. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Right?