Goodbye Alan Shearer [R]

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Prenn, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Were you born a fool or did it take some practice?

Also, who are NFC?

2. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    Are you a moderator or are you a troll? Don't be so childish, and try actually responding to the subject matter.

I forgot the United of NUFC. Easy to forget when they're always just referred to as "Newcastle".

3. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I'm a bit of both really, what subject? The fact that people like you will forever bring up the fact that he didn't go to Man U? So! Who gives a flying fu[n]k? What does that have to do with anything? Nothing! He went to Newcastle because he has pride and wanted to play for his local club and not that lot.

4. Olympia

Olympia New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    NY
    Through my years of travelling in other part of the world such as Asia or Middle East, the football fans I talked to all worship him not just for his football but also for his determination and devotion to the team he dreamed to play as a child. Such quality may not means a lot here in America but it is highly respectful in certain cultures where he is worshipped like a hero.
    His injury and early retirement was the head line on TV and newspapers in the city I am currently visiting.

5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Whenever I was in Cyprus, mention 'Newcastle' and 'football' and they would normally reply 'Alan Shearer'.

Says it all really.

6. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    Well, the original poster asked for comments on whether he made the most of his career.

Do you have any proof of that?

7. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    "My dream as a kid was to play for Newcastle United and to score goals at St James’ Park.

It doesn’t matter that I didn’t win a trophy because I did it my way and I lived the dream. Unless you come from the area you wouldn’t understand that mentality. Playing for the club is everything.

I broke Jackie’s record and no one can take that away from me. I’ve never had any regrets."

Both answered by the man himself

8. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    Yeah of course he is going to say all of that now. Was he saying that when he joined? "I dont mind if I dont win any trophies"?

9. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    No, because that would be retarded.

Why is it so hard for you to accept that a world class player would rather play for his hometown club rather than a "bigger" club?

He didn't win a trophy here, but he'd rather have played for Newcastle and won nothing than Man U and won alot.