Good time to get a different central back pairing some experience?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Noah Dahl, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Seems like it to me.

I'm not always on the ERo bandwagon, but he and Califf have been terrific together. Unfortunately they each have siginificant history of injuries. Probably card accumulation too. Cochrane needs to stay sharp, and it'd be good to have other alignments ready.

I wish it wasn't necessary, but this seems like a decent time to juggle the backline.

2. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20050708&content_id=35844&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

Bummer - Cochrane is only "Probable." Still, shjt's gonna happen, so I still think this is decent timing for it. Too bad Columbus doesn't have national teamers.

Hope to see Wes Hart, NOT Aloisi. But rather than injure Cochrane, we may need to see:

Hart---Gray---Aloisi---Barret

Wade could play inside. We might be better off with three backs Saturday. With more of our squad, Clark could play right back but not this weekend.

Dom is absolutely right about Rico's contribution to the Robinson/Califf success. Would like to see him credit this aspect of DeRo too.

3. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    That's what the reserve league is for.

4. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    Yes and no. The Reserve teamers don't usually get to knit with the starters, for one thing.

5. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    ... except for when they are practicing together?

6. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    "N.S.S."

- Dr. John Hamish Watson

I know it was a long thread title, but I did put the word "experience" in there. Is game experience the same as practicing together?

7. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The nice thing about the success that ERob and DannyC have had is that it provides Cochrane, Gray, Aliosi, O'Roarke, Clark and Barrett something to emulate if they get called into the middle. They know what works, they've seen a good working model -- so they don't have to re-invent the position.

So at least, even as disasterous as this could be, they've got a little bit of a head start on the learning curve.