Good Old Arsenal! We're Proud To Say That Name!

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by U.S. Gooner, Sep 22, 2003.

1. U.S. Gooner

U.S. Gooner New Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Once again my beloved Arsenal put those overrated manure gloryhunting scum wallies in their place today. They couldn't even beat us when we were down to 10 men. And that cheating Dutch ponce Van Nisteldive missed a penalty with the last kick of the game. I'm proud of each and everyone who wore a yellow shirt today! Van Nisteldive should've been sent off for sticking his studs into Vieira's chest. What Vieira did was just a gut reaction that anyone would've done had the same thing happened to them, but because it's manure scum no one is allowed to da that to them! Penalty was a joke as well. Typical jammy manure scum getting everything in their favour! What about when that tosser Neville hacked Ljungberg down in the box? Whay wasn't that a penalty? Oh I forget refs are allowed to give visiting teams penalties at the Stretford End! What about when Henry was onside in his own half when the linesman wrongfully ruled him offside? Same old thing about one rule for manure scum and another rule for everyone else. I just loved it when Keown got into Van Nisteldive's face ugly looking face! Just wished that he had decked the ugly sod with Parlour, Lauren and Toure wading in as well! Arsenal showed what fighting spirit is all about today. After all football is a man's game....and just typical of the manure scum who have to whine and moan whne things don't go their way!

2. Only1Keano

Only1Keano New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    how naive of me to think an arsdenal supporter would for once actually admit they were in the wrong, they must all take after arsene wenger. ruud's attempt at a header was reckless and he got a yellow card for it - totally correct. vieira on the other hand stupidly kicked out. he didn't make contact, but the intent was still there and that is totally deserving of a yellow card, and considering he was already on a yellow he totally deserved a red. for wenger to effectively call ruud a cheat is typical of the man, he cannot ever see the wrong in his players. ruud did nothing to suggest he was kicked, all he did was recoil when the boot came his way which is what any player, including gooners, would have done in that situation. the penalty was slightly controversial but keown still got into forlan's back to prevent him getting a head on the ball - arsenal's behaviour after the final whistle on ruud was totally inexplicable and he did a admirable job not to react to it. all arsenal fans must follow after their notoriously blind manager, either that or you weren't watching the same game

3. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Arf ... I love this to-and-fro between Arsenal and "Man Yoo" fans. You just don't get it, do you? YOU'RE BOTH THE SAME. WENGER, FERGUSON, YOUR TEAM, THEIR TEAM - THE SAME!!!

Read the two posts above without the perspective of who wrote what and both posts could be Identikit templates for one fan's whinge about the other's club. Wenger never sees wrong in his players? ROTFL ... yeah ... unprecedented. Especially at Old Trafford. Why, the very idea ...

Get over it kids, you're both as bad as each other.

4. Only1Keano

Only1Keano New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    *#*#*#*#*#en oath its two supporters having a whinge, he's sticking up for his club and i'm sticking up for mine, what did u expect? ;) hehe

tis all good, a point's probly a fair result but i think wenger's post match comments crossed the line. then again, thats a united POV...

5. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    so... you've had all this time to settle your emotions and still you come up with this tripe....
    classy.

6. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Silly of me to think that a Man United supporter would admit that their team and supporters are a bunch of hypocrits. Earlier in the match, Man U players and fans were howling when an Arsenal player (who didn't notice that a ManU player was down) failed to play the ball out of bounds. When it was brought to his attention, it was knocked out. A few minutes after the histronics of Ruud Cheat Nistelrooy, an Arsenal player was on the ground after a questionable tackle from a Man U player. Man U was handling the ball around the downed player, and no move was made to play the ball out of bounds.

At about the 85th minute, a Man U player was whining with the ref that Arsenal was delaying by not playing the free kick in a timely fashion. However, the Arsenal was calling for the ten years (which he is entitled to). The Man U player only gave him six and wasn't budging. Yet, he was pleading to the ref for action against Arsenal.

Rediculous. I was SOOOOo HAPPY to see Ruud miss that penalty. Perhaps he should be Ruud Choke Nistlerooy. Isn't that is third PK miss of the young season?

7. Eindhovuh

Eindhovuh New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Holland
    Re: Re: Good Old Arsenal! We're Proud To Say That Name!

Van Nistelrooy missed a penalty and it was just bad luck that's all. He's still the best striker of europe.
    Ruud has bagged 81 goals in 109 appearances for the reds. In this time he has taken 23 penalties and has scored 19. And what did the Arsenal players think they were doing attacking van Nistelrooy at the end? Man Utd was 10 times better than boring arsenal and they deserved to get the full three points.

8. Eindhovuh

Eindhovuh New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Holland
    I'm sorry USsupport

9. Eindhovuh

Eindhovuh New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Holland
    I wasn't ment for you USsupport

10. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    I know that.

11. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City

I think that was when someone got caught on the anke, right? I think that was Cole that went down.

At first there was a goal scoring opportunity so they shouldn't put the ball out. Usually when it's played out, it's not in that position. Nothing unique to ManU or Arse. That's how it goes. The ref blew it dead and life went on. If it looked bad enough to start with the ref could've blown the whistle. That responsibility is primarily the refs.

again, everyone pulls this crap in terms of whining about delay and encrouching on the kicks. it's not an issue unique to any club. it's something the fa needs to crack down on. this year they've cracked down on the GKs on PKs. I hope next year they address this.

12. Only1Keano

Only1Keano New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    every striker in the PL would recoil if they had a kick aimed anywhere near them, every player would go down in the box if they felt contact from behind like forlan did, ever team would have kept the ball live when cole was down cos as u said, it was in an attacking positon.

cos united do it its suddenly cheating.

13. DCAustinite

DCAustinite New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    NE DC in my heart -
    Club:
    DC United
    Machester, land of the screwy clock

Well, yeah! :)

this debacle aside, you have to admit that there is something quite unique about the stoppage time at Trafford, you get 6 or 7 minutes in a tie that the untied are playing well in and look to win; 1 minute in a game they barely lead at. It's not like that in other stadia.

This is not the fault of the players, I admit, just proof of the general evil that pervades everything in the organization and anybody associated with it. :)

14. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    You're right Matty Boy, they do have a lot in common. They seem to be the only two ever in contention for the league title. Nice to see Liverpool in the Champions League this year...oh wait, maybe next year. Good luck with that...Fool.

15. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    :rolleyes: Until you name your own affiliation, don't attempt smack talk, even if it's of quality that low. You'll get no respect around here at all.

Go over to the Liverpool boards and read everyone's opinions on the current squad. You'll find some of the most honest and reality based postings available on this god forsaken website.

Matt is right. There is nothing more hilarious than to hear ManU and Arsenal fans argue about the other team being crybabies. They're both the worst about it and it's all the pot and the kettle. The recent threads started about all this is the biggest bunch of nonsense these boards have seen in a long time.

16. U.S. Gooner

U.S. Gooner New Member

Sep 22, 2003
    You should bloody talk

Houllier is the biggest cry baby around! It's okay if Gerrard and Hyppia breaks an opponents leg, but if it's one his precious own who gets injured, he moans and whines about it till the cows come home. He should sort his own house out before criticising others! He's nothing more than a bloody hypocrite!

17. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    Re: You should bloody talk

When is the last time that Gerrard or Hyppia broke anyone's leg? Apart from a questionable red card versus Man Utd last season, when has Hyppia even been accused of dirty play? Granted Steven Gerrard has made some bad/ugly tackles in his day - but he is the first to admit it. He is a young player and needs to mature. That is a far cry from Patrick Vieira (serial offender) and Sol Campball (serial offender) and Martin Keown (serial offender) and Dennis Berg-stamp and Robert (perfect 10) Pires and Ashley (I am still learning from Pires) Cole, right down to Arsene (see no evil, hear no evil, know no evil) Wenger. Not to mention Lauren and Toure . . . Who are they - two boys from the 'Hood impersonating defenders? They looked like 14-year-old idiots and your manager didn't even have anything to say about their Phil Neville throat-grabbing, Ruud Van Nistelrooy pushing-in-the-back crap after the game. What a bunch of idiots. I can't wait until Lehmann gets in the act. Last year he got thrown out of three matches. Now that he is surrounded by idiots, it is only a matter of time before he starts slapping players (as well as assistant referees).

Houllier didn't like Neill's challenge? He blew up in the press. So what? He is loquatious. Now he has stated that it is "in the past" and moved on. And he wasn't even totally unbalanced about having TWO PLAYERS BREAK THEIR LEGS IN ONE GAME. He wasn't even critical of Babbel because he knew it wasn't warranted, but he didn't like the tackle that Neill made because it was reckless and even if it didn't have the intent to injure - it would only have been the grace of God that would have prevented it. Anyway, his most angry moment came after Graeme and Lucas spoke up in the press - it was the attitude and not the injuries that angered him the most.

A few red-mist moments from Steven Gerrard aside, Liverpool is not (systematically) a dirty, flopping, chronic rule-breaking team like Arsenal.

18. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Re: You should bloody talk

Do your homework (neither have broken anyone's legs) and look in the mirror (ie. your team and coach). Jesus, what a joke these boards have become.

Welcome, all you newbies.

19. Andy

Andy New Member

Dec 23, 1998
    NYC
    Its funny because its true.