Good news from Iraq -- last two weeks in June

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Karl K, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Does this qualify as good news or bad news?

Iraq’s Prime Minster Welcomed to Iran by Iran’s First Vice President
    [​IMG]

Iraq’s Prime Minister Jaafari Meeting with Iranian Vice President Araf
    [​IMG]

Iraqi delegation meeting with their Iranian counterparts
    [​IMG]

BTW, I expect Jaafari to meet with President Khatami, as well as president-elect Ahmadinejad, sometime later during his visit to Iran. I hope the protocal issues were mutually worked on and agreed between the two sides, because I don't want the Iraqi prime minister to feel slighted by the fact that he has not yet been received by Iran's president.

2. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not the point. The point is I'm asking for support for your assertions, and you expect me to search through the Centcom website. You're a quitter.

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Sorry, I thoght I'd let you idi......, er, I mean Bush supporters realize that your view of Iraq is a little too rosy.

Good thing Bush didn't directly attack Iraq or anything. It's not like the chaos there is his fault or anything. :rolleyes:

4. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Search through? Scroll down to the bottom of the page. It's in big fricking letters.

5. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    217 suspects arrested in Iraq within 24 hours

BAGHDAD, July 16 (KUNA) -- The government announced here Saturday that 217 suspects, charged with armed activities, have been arrested with the past 24 hour period.

Thirteen of them were arrested in the town of Tikrit, while they were in the midst of planting explosive charges.

A government statement recounted an incident where police broke into a house in an area north of the country, which was not mamed, and rescued a young Iraqi woman held hostage in a residential house there. While the house was being searched, a large cache of weapons was discovered including mortar shells and rockets.

Within the past 24 hours, at least nine booby-trapped cars had been exploded and many hideaways for weapons had been discovered, the government statement said.

6. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Iraqi police arrest Al-Qaeda's financial advisor, former army officer

BAGHDAD, July 16 (KUNA) -- Al-Qaeda's financial advisor Saad Abbas Al-Janabi and a former high-ranking army officer, affiliated with terrorists, were arrested by Iraqi police, said Sunday Iraqi authorities.

In a release, the Iraqi government said security forces, during a raid in southern Baghdad, has apprehended Al-Qaeda's financial advisor Saad Abbas Al-Janabi and two of his affiliates.

Al-Janabi, added the release, was the financial advisor of Abu Abdul-Aziz, one of Al-Qaeda's leaders, who was arrested on July 10.

In Baqoubah, a former high-ranking army officer, affiliated to the terrorists, was arrested while in possession of a letter thought to be sent from members of Al-Zarqawi's terrorist organization.

In press statements, Baqoubah's security commander Colonel Dhiya Ismail, without disclosing the prisoner's identity, said the letter praised the officer's role in assisting the terrorists and their actions.

The operation that led to arresting the officer and 61 other suspects, added Isamil, was part of Al-Shurouq's anti-terrorist operation in Baqoubah. (end) mhg.

7. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not quite sure why you feel the need for sarcasm. I thought Al Qaeda was our enemy.

9. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we invaded Iraq in order to nab that guy, I question the efficiency of our tactics in protecting us from our enemy.

In the future, please continue to let me know when you need things spelled out more clearly for you.

10. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not dyslexic, that's why I have difficulty comprehending your writings.

11. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    She said that in a point of view of a school teacher. Don't be afraid of raising your hand, Ian.

12. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

She?

And is Ian taking over Karl's vacant post? Please say no.

And can we get all of these stupid threads merged once and for all? Out of respect for the forum I have ONE thread concerning Iraq's insurgency ongoing at a time. But we have a dozen of these good news threads...

13. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We know you hate good news from Iraq, but that's a ridiculous comment.

14. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It is rediculous that I think the mods should do a better job of merging related threads?

Fvcking hell, you really ARE after Karl's vacant post.

15. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All he needs is to toss in a few "lefty moonbats" and he's right there. He has, after all, been prepping by repeating the current stupid "liberals want the terrorists to win" version of the decades-old idiotic "liberals hate America" whine. The "liberals want the terrorists to win" bleat should be the latest addition to the various permutations on "Godwin's Law". If not, then every time Ian posts it I'll have to counter with variations on "The Amercian Right wants to create and train more terrorists so they have someone to hate and to scare people with".

16. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed your malapropism.

17. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This thread breeds many liberals. I guess it's Karl's fault for starting this thread. The liberals will not tolerate a good news thread about Iraq.

18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My bad. I scrolled down by about 4 articles, skimming each one, and gave up. It appears I'm the quitter.

Oh well, at least I can admit when I'm wrong. :eek:

TBH, the one number I didn't believe was the primary school enrollment, and there's no backing just the assertion. I'm still curious how Centcom came up with that. *WHY* has the number of kids K-5 (or K-6, or however they define it) gone up dramatically?

19. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Dante gave Karl a lil' timeout.

20. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999