Good Job DC Fans.

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wgoood2, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try experiencing that match at the Azteca.

2. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a related but more serious note, when RFK gets torn down, one thing everyone will miss is the bouncing stands.

3. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but until DCU started begging us to stop, DCU fans were doing that too.

4. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh yeah, but it has been a while since I have seen that many seats in Lot 8 :)

what always gets me about it is how easy it is to walk past all that CSC "security" with a big orange seat and they never say a thing, or even look at you funny to make you feel bad.
    But accidentally start to carry out a tiny cup of beer, and they're on you like a Crewzer on a double-cheeseburger.

5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't have to deal with the USSF useless ticket chief not telling the Texans FO Nazi security forces that our section was for standing and GA did we?
    I was under the impression that Mexico's FA actually gets it when talking ticket allotments and supporter segragation.

6. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Razor-wire topped chain-link fences are perfect for segregating fans - proper riot police, as opposed to CSC security types, help too.

7. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    you guys should practice bottle throwing too, that didn't end that well last time either :D

8. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well in our fans defense, your seats break very easily and are very old. All it takes is standing on one for a few minutes. Once its broke...its a trophy since they cant reattach those. :D

9. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when we were leaving I saw a couple of seats just lying around. thought about it....:eek: but didn't take one

10. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very true. The bouncing stands are awesome

11. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    In all fairness they were throwing uphill, we were throwing downhill :D

12. respite_cdd

respite_cdd BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh.

I saw this thread and thought it would be a lovely place to thank the DC fans who helped bring a wonderful atmosphere to the first qualifier I've ever been able to attend. I had a fabulous time standing in section 233, learned the songs, loved the smoke and the obscenities and the general nonsense that truly passionate soccer fans can bring. And we brought it. The 9th minute tribute was epic, as was the noise level througout. Hell, even the CR fans were pleasant (at least the ones I ran into). I had a fabulous time, and it made the 10-hour round trip so worth it. So thank you, DC fans. And yes, good job.

But I guess that's not what this thread's about, is it? :rolleyes:

13. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    welcome to the east coast :D

14. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Theoretically, they get it. Yes Mexican security doesn't care if you stand or go GA. But they also don't really care about the hailstorm of bottles, cups, flares, and Lord-knows-what-else that get thrown at you there, particularly after Mexico goals.

"Supporter segregation" down there just provides the home fans with a larger target for the hundreds of projectiles they'll throw, and if the police can't be arsed to lift their riot shields up off the ground to actually stop the projectiles from coming in, so be it.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm going back in 2013 :D

15. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sending a big shot out to everyone who made all activities a success! Especially to those who were so kind to have to sit around me.I still cant believe my drunk ass made it in. I definitely was not in my assigned seat but was never bothered to move or to even stop standing on the handrails. I even collected lower tickets to pass out to those who couldnt get through. Again, no one in that section seemed to mind. Thanks to those who caught me in the front...and the back..lol. Fortunately I didnt have to hear any bitching about my smokebombs or cigarettes either. I did take a seat but will admit here that I love RFK and would like to have a part of it to remember it by. - Wonder Woman

16. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No the thread you are looking for is Good Job USA Fans

17. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    hear hear

18. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naw, DC and RBNY have to fight on the national team boards, at games, etc. It's required in the USSF Charter, look it up. Sunil explain it to me in Honduras over drinks. He made me pick up the tab, too.

19. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you're twice my size and dressed like a super hero, I didn't think it was wise :D

20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    If you're the Wonder Woman from Dallas that I saw in Lot 8 and in the stadium and later spoke to in Molly's, I'm glad you had a good time. You were very entertaining and fun to talk to. I'm glad you wore pants.

21. Eric Shinn

Eric Shinn Member

Dec 28, 2007
    What's the big deal anyway? I wear my Gomez DC kit to all soccer games and rep it with pride. USA game, Barca game at the pub..whatever. DC first that's how i roll.

22. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wise indeed!

23. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol...yeah that would be me. Very thankful for the pants. I lost track how many times I fell down. All the bruises/burns/cuts turn into battle scars though!

24. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If by "gets it" you mean putting US fans below some of the worst Mexican fans, thus making it easier for the Mexicans to throw things on the Americans.

25. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since you never answered, I'll ask again.

"What section were you in? Because if you were in 132 or 133, and thought you were in a GA section, you were wrong."

Also, care to make a guess as to who organized and ran that "AO tailgate" that was one of the best you've ever seen?