Good Bye Tim Ream, Hello Omar Gonzalez

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by USAsoccer1, Oct 11, 2011.

1. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He uses his speed not to dribble past opponents but to beat the offsides trap. If he is tied with a defender and a ball is passed into space, he'll get there fast. Guy is crazy fast. But you're right; cut off his supply line and he can't do much.

2. USAsoccer1

USAsoccer1 Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sacramento
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lmao

3. US2014

US2014 Red Card

Jun 25, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agudelo is about 10 years younger than Wondolowski he has huge potential and could be playing in Europe in the next couple of years, Wondolowski didn't take his chance during the gold cup we don't need him we got Altidore, Agudelo and Bunbury.

4. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you watch club soccer at all? Wondo is better than Agudelo and Bunbury.

Young prospect players with "potential" should work their way up at the club level. The national team is not a place to develop prospects. The national team is for finished products.

Wondo was given a grand total of about 100 minutes of PT in 3 of the 6 games the USMNT played at the gold cup. Meanwhile we've given people like Bornstein 38 caps. Twellman was given 30 caps.

5. US2014

US2014 Red Card

Jun 25, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe better now anyway I would rather have those guys than Wondo he is not international quality sorry Earthquake fanboy but he is not going to get called up btw this is not a thread about him its about Ream and Gonzalez.

6. Federation Politics

Federation Politics New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Glad to see there aren't too many people ripping Ream.

His MLS salary (just over $60,000/yr) is ridiculously lower than what it should be... unless he got a new contract that I don't know about.

It's up to the coaches to play the best players in official competition. I have no problem bringing him into friendlies, in a couple years he might be our number one central defender.

7. US2014

US2014 Red Card

Jun 25, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't somebody say there was a rumor that Arsenal was interested in him? I'm not really sure if it was Arsenal or not looks like they dodged a bullet.

8. Jake_Barnes redded

Oct 12, 2011
    never been a fan of Tim Ream. Lets see him go to Europe and see how he does.

He's too clumsy for me.

9. Jake_Barnes redded

Oct 12, 2011
    Wondo is nowhere near the quality of Agudelo or Bunbury.

he's weaker at every attribute his first touch, dribbling skills, off the ball.

10. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    If Tim Ream rushes to go abroad, I think we will see another Freddy Adu situation. Ream is not ready for that type of soccer because he still has some trouble in the MLS. Until Ream can become a dominant CB in the MLS, I don't think it would be wise to go abroad especially to a bigger club. Ream should just focus on his soccer right now and not international soccer. It would do Ream some good if he knew that he wasn't going to be called in just because of his passing ability. Then Ream would focus more on his defending which he needs to do.

11. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    clearly not every attribute as he is once again contending for the Golden Boot.

12. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agudelo and Bubury are nowhere near the quality of Wondo. Wondo is much better than them at first touch and off ball movement. More importantly he is better at finishing.

Speaking of off ball movement and first touch, did you watch the video I posted below of him chasing down an 80 yard longball? Clearly not if you are saying he has a weaker first touch. What a joke. You know what that video reminds me of? Dennis Bergkamp vs. Argentina at World Cup 1998.

Back to the topic at hand: Tim Ream. The evidence continues to mount:

[​IMG]

13. northdallas40oz

May 29, 2008
    When a striker misses from 2 feet in front of the an open goal, YOU DON'T EVER DESERVE ANOTHER SHOT. EVER.

14. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is some great analysis there genius!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOPh-9J-BWY"]Landon Donovan Fail - YouTube[/ame]

15. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or how about this gem

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMxNP_dDe2Q"]Falla de Dempsey en Guadalupe vs USA Copa Oro 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

16. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was offered a renegotiated 6 digit salary (don't know the specifics) this past off season by management. He (and his agent I assume) turned it down. Looks like he'll ride out his current contract and try to go for bigger money in Europe.

17. US2014

US2014 Red Card

Jun 25, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lmao I bet you in 2 years Agudelo and Bunbury will be a better overall player that Wondowho also if he is that great like you say then how come he wasn't with the National Team before the Gold Cup?

18. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would disagree with first touch, but Agudelo and Bunbury have many more years and should be given much more time.

19. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's ridiculous though. I guarantee you every forward has had that happen at some point in their life.

20. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EXACTLY. Wondo is a proven commodity in the league he plays in. He deserves more call-ups. Same with Buddle.

21. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Title reads Good Bye Time Ream, Hello Omar Gonzalez. This CLEARLY is the place to discuss which strikers are better than the other.

22. USAsoccer1

USAsoccer1 Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Sacramento
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very good point, I feel we are a bit off track. What even scares me more is that Omar said if Mexico wanted to talk to him he would listen. We really can't afford to lose him, especially to Mexico!

23. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably because there is no one left to take the Pro-Tim Ream side of the Ream-Gonzalez debate.....

Except maybe Klinsmann, and he doesn't post here, I think...

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    This is very true, and you'd be surprised who is really who on these forums.

25. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coaches sometimes show faith in players and sometimes those players come good on expectations.

If JK continues to show faith in Ream and he continues to fail it will cause BS to implode.

Personally I think Ream will get better in his concentration, positioning, and decision making. However, I don't think his physical and/or aerial game will improve much.