Gooch to Milan IV [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by giffenbone, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Can I just say the quote "I'm an AC Milan defender but what I really want to do is be a male model" would be the most hilarious thing anyone could ever say. I would love it to be true. Of course, it also means that Gooch will next end up with the Gals or Chivas since every model wants to act!

2. GalacticoX4

GalacticoX4 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    In the real world the best are the best cause they work better, harder, then everyone else not merely cause they play. Midtable Serie A teams are full of players that play all the time but aren't the best. Merely playing isn't enough. It's like people who play musical instruments for years and never improve. Just playing isn't enough. YOu've got to practice the right way. MLS is full of guys playing but not improving. But the guy made a career choice. I don't hear many kids saying, "Oooh i dream of playing for Bari or Bologna." They dream of Milan. And if you get the chance you take it and you try and earn your spot. Like if the Yankees come calling you from the minors do you turn it down? I don't think so. YOu go and take your shot at greatness. That's why you play the game. And if you're The problem with gooch is simply he's not proving he's better then the players in front of him.

3. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing is he is not better than the players in front of him in the eyes of most people...and his form is declining the more he sits on the bench.

Honestly, gooch is not as good a Yepes or anyone in front of Yepes. But he is a a solid international defender.

4. Altidore_Adu_Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    Hammond In
    i disagree he has not got a chance to show his quality its easy to judge when he has never seen the pitch for AC

5. sacpasse87

sacpasse87 Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Beijing
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Onyewu must be chuckling on the inside as his team has given up two goals in 60 seconds...won't make a difference for his prospects though, but this game may get ugly...AC Milan just looks old and slow compared to RM

6. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    yes. because he doesn't have a chance to show his quality in training. no, training isn't a match, but if he was indeed better than the other cbs, don't you think it would show in training? wouldn't you think that a coach would think to himself "hey. this guy is showing up our world class attackers every day at practice. maybe i should let him get some game time to see what he can do?" or at least put him on the bench once in a while?

i don't know why you guys think gooch should be getting time on the field for milan. if he was the best player for the position, he would be on the field.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why would he chuckle? :confused:

8. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. And Benny Feilhaber was not good enough to play for one of the worst EPL teams ever.

Just because Onyewu plays a different style does not mean that he is not as good. Onyewu is better in the air than every single defender on Milan's roster except for maybe Silva. Whatever style they are playing with right now is not working too well. Sticking with the same defenders over and over and over again is one reason Phil Brown got fired last year.

9. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Perhaps you should reread your own signature. ;)

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Touché. :)

Rep going your way....

11. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But Gooch makes very simple mistakes that in a CL game can cost clubs millions and thats why he does not play.... Dispite the fact the the Milan squad is old and in need of a face lift. Copa Italia he will be able to show his stuff... hope he takes the chance and shows well.

12. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So does Bonera. I'm not suggesting Onyewu could overtake Nesta or Silva, but people act like the backup CBs are top class just because they play for Milan. For similarly sized clubs, Yepes, Bonera, and Favalli wouldn't get a sniff of playing time. Neither would the current Onyewu. Gooch could have signed for someone else like Marseille before his injury and gotten playing time. At full fitness, imo, Gooch is their third best CB, but he doesn't play the "style" that usual Milan CBs play.

I know the Coppa Italia is where he will get his chance so hopefully he takes advantage of it.

Personally, I've always been curious of what it would like to have Gooch partnered with Nesta and Silva on the outside. You'd have Nesta directing Gooch in positioning and Silva would be a great athlete to have on the wing and be on the other side to help Gooch also. It wouldn't be any worse than having to cover for the sloths they throw out there right now.

13. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every player on AC Milan got an Audi as part of their sponsorship agreement. Gooch got an Audi Q7 V8 4.2 TDI quattro tiptronic, the same as Oddo, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Allegri, Amelia, Bonera, Antonini, and Robinho. Basically the most popular choice. What is that, an SUV?

http://www.acmilan.com/it/news/show/130299

14. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    yea, it's the SUV.

15. Digs

Digs Member

Sep 9, 2007
    LOL. RS6, RS5, or that effen hideous whale they call a Q7. GREAT choice, Gooch.

16. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    yeahh...i would have gone RS6 or RS5. RS6 definitely if the avant was available.

17. thrill

thrill New Member

Oct 7, 2008
    It's the Charlie Daviesmobile, so we know it has a pretty solid top end cruising speed.

I'm guessing an R8 wasn't on offer.

18. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    i thought the charlie daviesmobile was an infiniti fx?

19. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good -- a fast car to get out of that town as fast as possible.

20. agibson

agibson New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Prévessin, France
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Charlie's teammate's, right? The one he was or wasn't driving while clocked at 200 kph.

21. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice but I bet it's a bitch to figure out which car is yours in the parking lot after training! ;) :D

22. Donofan_10

Donofan_10 Red Card

Aug 20, 2009
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that's why you go to a big club. Although I'm not really a fan of the car

23. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless they don't play. ;)

24. trip76

trip76 Member

Jul 17, 2007
    North East USA
    i suppose the R8 wasn't an option.

25. thrill

thrill New Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Yeah I should have clarified. The most recent Charlie Davies-gets-up-to-no-good-in-a-car-mobile.