Gonzalez

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by AndSomeAreAngels, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milliano

Milliano New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    On this 45/45 show on GolTV they seemed to suggest that they were whores, in the team hotel. Not sure about that though.

2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and????

3. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I have no issues with that.

4. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I was Mark Gonzalez. There would be no chatting or drinking. ;)

Hell, if I was Noberto Solano, I still wouldn't be wasting my time chatting!

5. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do men play sports, or form a band -- chicks and money --in that order.

6. botch

botch New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Barca/Melbourne/B.A
    haha yeah i know, but i mean, i hope it doesn't take precedence over his football.

7. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Just a quick question, but how is Marky going? I've heard mixed reports - some people have said he's been brilliant for the club, others have said they're a bit underwhelmed after the hype. I know people were slavering over him given his fantastic performances at Real Sociedad last season - has he been everything you've hoped for?

8. douba

douba New Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Perth
    i haven't been impressed with his performances yet, i haven't seen him provide any more than five good crosses for the strikers and i haven't really seen him beat any defenders either. I'm prepared to give him til the end of the year to settle into the english game though.

9. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Gonzo's pace, and I think he could be an impact player. With his skills, pace, aggressiveness, nice shot. Can anyone say super sub, or even a starter on some occassions to rest Kewell (if he ever gets fit).

10. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not played enough to be judged on but looking good. He's already scored twice which is as much as Garcia, I think. He's the only who was able to beat a defender at Old Trafford to present the one genuine chance at goal (which Kuijt failed to convert).

11. ddw31089

ddw31089 New Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    True. Actually, I think chicks and money are the reasons for most things men do. Minus bigsoccer...

12. riohesra

riohesra New Member

May 13, 2006
    KualaLumpur Malaysia
    agree with u.. for me, hes lacking of basic football e.g control ball, crosses,trapping and receiving the ball... if u compare with arsenal player...basic football is very good.

13. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Let's not forget he's very young and probably isn't fully developed as a player yet. He's barely 22 (?) and has impressed a European Cup winning manager enough to win a starting place in a major European club. I'm just saying.

14. browfish

browfish New Member

I concur.

Gonzalez has made, what....6 or 7 appearances in the Premiership in his entire life and he's already on the score sheet this season (against Spurs); he scored an important goal and secured a win for us against Maccabi Haifa, just moments after coming on in the final minutes of the match and....

People want to put the boot in already?!? Gimme a break.

Granted he was poor against the Arse - but who wasn't?

Give the lad a chance for fooks sake.

15. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    repped -- voice of reason

16. PRB11

PRB11 New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Bangor, N.Ireland
    I haven't been overly impressed but I'm aware he's young and is a project of Liverpool's and will take time to fulfil his potential. He'll be a squad player for a while I would say but he'll get better as time goes by.

17. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I had the 'first' of my stag parties in the Temple, sometime after the middle of last century that was.
    Somebody set off the fire extinguishers and they tried to blame us.......the nerve...!!!!!!

As for Speedy, he just needs a good confidence building match and he'll shine.

18. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I have seen how good Gonzalez can be last season in La Liga and when he tore apart Ireland playing for Chile. Thats why his form for Liverpool has been so disappointing and frustrating.

There was a time when everyone thought Luis Garcia was rubbish and couldn't hack it in the Premiership. Given time, hopefully Gonzalez will adjust and find his form.

19. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    He hasn't played much, but when he does he works hard and appears to really give a shit. I think he just needs a few good matches under his belt.

20. novascotia

novascotia New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Truro, Nova Scotia
    if he gets more experience i think he will be excellent, he seems like one of those guys who will give 110 for his club

21. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

He salutes all of you as well

22. browfish

browfish New Member

You must have used a flash to capture that... ;)

23. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    and work on his defensive duties aswell...i may add!!

24. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Gonzalez just isn't cutting it in my opinion.

Sure he makes some nice runs down the left wing every once in a while, but seriously, his shots are terrible and crosses are even worse, not to forget to mention his corners.

I think Aurelio might even be a better option until Kewell is fit (If he stays).

I wouldn't mind seeing this midfield......

Pennant-----Sissoko-----Alonso

-------------Gerrard------------

Until Kewell comes back, then I think we'll see

Gerrard----Sissoko----Alonso----Kewell

25. AnyLuckForEngland?

Jul 10, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gonzalez has been absolutely atrocious the last two league games. I've never seen a more selfish player, unwilling to pass when he has a man clearly open and then skying it over to the second deck.

That being said, it's two games. He's obviously been terrible and it's RAFA'S FAULT for not realizing that he was awful and pulling him.