Gonna Watch Orlando City play tonight on Fox Soccer

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by CplDaniel, Jun 18, 2011.

1. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gonna watch Orlando play tonight...see some old friends and drop into a state of nostalgia. Starts tonight at 6:30

Yep...in 15-minutes!

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So anyone going to Frisco to watch the Orlando Aztex City SC play FCD in the next round?

3. KillerMoth

KillerMoth Member

May 12, 2008
    South Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    I seriously considered it, but I think it would be painful for me to see Aztex players playing for Phil & Co, and uncomfortable to root against them.

My grievances are with the OCSC ownership, not the players or coach. (It wasn't the players' decision to leave, and it wasn't they who shafted the STH, supporters, staff, minority owners, etc.)

It would be really nice to see our former players get scouted at this game and signed to other clubs (for hopefully a tiny transfer fee, but a nice MLS salary).

If Orlando is still around in a few years, and most of the Aztex players have moved on, I'll probably be able to root against Orlando.

4. JustinR1015

JustinR1015 Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be happy for a new Austin team, and then we could all move on! But yes, Max, for instance, should be in MLS somewhere.

5. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to the match on Tuesday night, and some members of Eberly's Army are planning on joining me (they live in the area so it's easier). I look forward to seeing the guys (Adrian, Miguel, etc.) as I still consider them my friends. They're victims in this just like Austin was. I do not expect anyone from the FO to be there, and if they are, will give them a wide berth. I won't root for any team, to be honest. I'll go and watch them.

6. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Let Rawlins know that he is a J@ck@$$ in my book. The only person I'm rooting against is Mr. Phil I am sneaking out of town before anyone knows Rawlins.