Gone With The Wind..(r)

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Bandido, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The epic tale of a supporter’s life during one of the most tumultuous periods in Dynamo’s history. From the early innocent days full of expectations to the euphoria of winning two Championships to the dismay of the bad results in our third year.

This is the time when our love of the team will be tested. When results are not satisfactory and more is demanded of our Men in Orange. This is the time to be more proud than ever of the players, it’s the time they need our support the most.

What say you.

2. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say full speed ahead.

YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!

3. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    There was a time not too long ago when we could say we had the best defense in the League. That no team intimidated us with two top notch Goalies on our roster. But in recent matches are backline has been porous with us giving up ten goals in our last four games.

Your defense starts at the midfield. and with so many injuries hexed upon us we have lost control of the middle of the pitch. Ashe even with his speed is no Brad Davis or Stuart Holden. Mullan is not game fit as of yet and the entire squad as a hole has not jelled yet.

Our Attackers have not learned each others moves and like a dance team, their sync is off tune. One plays Tango while the other a Pacific melody with a reggae beat just behind them.

But I will say that I see a silver lining in all this. The youth have been thrown into the fire. Sacrificed as they still are apprentices to the older players. Cameron shows promise and Eddie Robinson commended him on Glenn Davis’ show by saying his work ethic was incredible. I actually see us getting better as injuries seize and the team comes together as one.

We will raise again !!!

4. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beer, football, beer. Sing for 90 mintues.
    Repeat.
    No quit.

5. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Come on folks. Yes, we did play bad yesterday but we win together we lose together ! See it positive, i think our team is able to learn from mistakes. Even the english guy ....:D

6. Super Dynamo

Super Dynamo New Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Houston
    OUR ORANGE EMPIRE WILL NOT FALL! Never fall...We stand as One - we Win as One - we lose as One...our Voices will be heard in full. Our Colors will fill the sky in our glory's honor. We are THE ORANGE NATION! And we will never fall...ever.

FOREVER DYNAMO...Keep your heads high fellow Naranja's!
    The future is still bright.
    [​IMG]

7. jvilla07

jvilla07 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Houston + NOLA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    True supporters will stand with the team no matter what - win or lose!
    [Not that I am questioning what anybody has said in this post, yet.]

8. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't even think this is a particularly dismal period. I've mentioned before that I'm not highly optimistic about the season generally, but that's just part of how seasons come and go. We're nowhere near the traumatic depths that really challenge a club and its fans. Not even close. Much bigger clubs with far more extensive histories of honors have faced exceedingly worse situations, sometimes challenging the very viability of the club. Our most serious challenge this year may well turn out to be figuring out how to handle a tight playoff race (and, hopefully another playoff run) while also playing in the CCL. That's a problem that most fans in MLS would love to see their team facing.

Right now, we're just in the middle of something of perfect storm. But it's one that'll pass and we'll find that the damage hasn't been nearly as bad as we feared. We've been missing several starters with injuries, suspension, or call ups, while also playing some difficult MLS opponents and perhaps the best club in Concacaf in the CCC. The young players who will fill key roles more easily later in the year are still learning much of what they'll need in the fall. Of course, we'll still need to deal with injuries to some of our oft-injured veterans, periodic absences of certain players who have a tendency to collect yellows, and various call ups. But it won't all necessarily happen to as many players at the same time again. And when it does happen, some of our younger players - the likes of Ashe, Cameron, Caraccio - will be able to fill key roles more easily than they can now. I also suspect that Dom isn't done with player acquisitions and we'll see some reinforcements as the season progresses that will alleviate some of those concerns.

We'll still face some dicey moments, but let's not blow things out of proportion. We haven't fallen off any cliff.

And jvilla07 is completely correct. No matter what happens this year or any year, whether your team wins or loses should really be incidental to your own support. You show up when your team is challenging for a championship and you show up when your team can barely muster a win all year. You support them because that's who you are and that's who they are. None of it is conditional on winning anything.

9. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I was pretty depressed this morning but started thinking about the situation at lunch and realized that we're very lucky to even have the chance to get knocked out of the CCC. It still sucks, but in the grand scheme of things it's a good problem to have. And we've got our two championships to console us.

It's better to have been in the CCC and lost than to have never been in the CCC at all.

10. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    I've never seen the color Orange dull and boring. I will forever wear my colors tall and proud in good times and bad times. We support a team, not winners nor losers but a team. That team is Houston Dynamo and it will forever be implanted in my heart. I am ready for KC and am really curious if there will be any changes in the lineup and/or strategy. We have a couple new guys in our system and am confident the team wil rise up as one whole unit.

11. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House
    We will rise again, but I am all for offering a sacrifice to the Soccer Gods to make it happen. SuperDynamo, what are you doing later tonight? I got lots of alcohol!!!!! :D

12. Super Dynamo

Super Dynamo New Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Houston

Hmmm...he did say alcohol, and when consuming just enough of it to the point you won't feel anything...Soccer God's? and Dynamo? YES!!! I'll be at the Rob tonight (kick-off circle)...I give my body to the Ol' mighty Gods of Football. Bring plenty of Jack Daniels and Fat Tire Kegs. Make sure to bring the Dynamo girls along too! :rolleyes: And make the ending quick!

And all those must drink the Orange blood of he who is sacrificed...once you drink you will be in the state of drunkeness. :confused:

13. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anderson...might be the best post I have read in a long time....kudos

14. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anderson is the poet laureate and spokesman of the Houston Dynamo on BS.

15. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Brahma,
    Anderson may be the poet laureate, but you are still the Houston Soccer Encyclopedia!!!!

16. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and Bandido is the Court Jester

17. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's that make Rickker? :confused:

:D

Does that make DynaKat the heavyhanded mastermind behind the scenes? :eek:

18. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're the Village Idiot, so he can't be that...

19. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

Why thank ya darlin

[​IMG]

Nice to know your opinion of me hasn't changed, after all

:cool:

20. dadcoachref

dadcoachref BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 30, 2007
    Crosby
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at least we have the luxury of suffering from a loss in the CCC semi-finals...I know at least 12 teams whose fans don't know what that is like this year...

Forever Orange!!!

21. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I stated in another thread, I'm just a bit more concerned about our start this year vs. our start last year.

As pointed out already, our rock solid defense isn't so rock solid right now.

Lots of time to get things worked out and start playing together more as a team however.

22. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our Dynamo are not so bad off.

A careful viewing of both legs shows that we made three big mistakes: Two missed sitters in the first leg and a soft goal in the second leg.

In the league -- we are 3 pts out of first place with 28 games to go. A little two early to worry.

Our team, though currently depleted by injury, is showing tremendous depth. Think of all the players we have that will have no place to play if all were healthy?

This forum has always been populated by the most positive soccer fans I've ever encountered. No reason to stop now guys!

23. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    Watch these vids again and see that these are our same men in orange (with a few missing and added) that have brought this city 2 championships. If these vids don't get your heart beating with pride for the Dynamo then you need to sell your gear and go root for the Galaxitives.

[youtube]0A60CoVYupI[/youtube]
    [youtube]AREQ7SA9rN8[/youtube]
    [youtube]hSvyLpXI0Xo[/youtube]
    [youtube]ANJH6uKmh2s[/youtube]

Forever Orange!

24. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    love the first video with Kanye is great! Welcome to the good life! Now throw your hands to the sky!