Gomez OK?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Hedbal, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not long before Gomez was taken out it appeared that he either hyperextended or otherwise tweaked his knee. He definitely was limping, which made me think that he came out due to injury, not because he was blown. Anybody (Goff?) have information?

2. Section106

Section106 Member

May 1, 2003
    Hampton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope he is okay. I remember Brian Kamler breaking his foot on the turf at Giant's Stadium causing him to miss the playoffs. We really need Gomez. He has been a revelation.

3. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The turf at the Mildewlands has always been a disgrace. Frankly, I was glad to hear that the Metros are getting their own stadium just because it meant that other teams wouldn't have to play there anymore.

4. I hope Gomez is ok, it did look like he hyperextended his knee. Rimando tore up his knee there last year. Soccer should be played on grass.

5. lkeniston

lkeniston Member

Mar 20, 2003
    Richmond, Va.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the TRUTH: soccer = grassy field!!!

6. neilgrossman

neilgrossman New Member

May 12, 2000
    Hoboken, NJ
    Fieldturf isn't so bad. I've played on it and it's better than most of the grass fields I've played on.

A good fieldturf field beats a really crappy grass field. In a cold place like New York with 2 football teams, a soccer team and other events using the stadium, I'm not sure a grass field would be that much better (unless it is the expensive kind on trays).