Alert: GolTV toils w/ DishNetwork

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Robdog, Aug 2, 2008.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like the installers screwed up. You should call Directv and let them know your troubles and see what freebies they give you.

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You got directv for the NFL and NASCAR packages?

3. 7spencer7

7spencer7 Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Outside Boston
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think what he is saying is that since directv has the NFL and NASCAR packages they don't have to be nice to customers or something. But it's bunk anyway. DirecTV contracts out it's installers so it's not really DirecTV you're dealing with. Some installers suck ass, others are great, but DirecTV themselves have outstanding customer service. Just call them and I bet you get $10 off your bill every month for a year or free showtime for 6 months or some such deal. DirecTV is probably the nicest company I've ever dealt with.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I signed up the customer service rep was utterly confused why I wasn't interested in getting Sunday Ticket. She just couldn't understand that I didn't want it. Finally I told her that I was Russian, and didn't understand what the men in funny pants were doing.

5. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Any new news on this front?

Put another way: <bump>

6. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    My two year commitment to Dish is up in Feb, whereupon I will switch to DirecTV. Only update I have. ;)

7. paks

paks Member

Oct 5, 2003
    united states
    I really don't think they are talking. Every time I ask I get the unreasonable terms word. I am really ready to leave and go to Direct TV, they also got rid of my local CBS channel. I am quite fed up with them.

8. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    BUt....but.....but CEO Charlie is the voice of the people...he's fighting for YOUR rights.....not his own overblown ego....not at all.

9. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't switch till August, have many of you had success in getting Setanta to make up for the GOLTV loss?

10. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Nope, according to them it's not possible.

11. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I got someone in India (?) to agree to comp. me Setanta for three months. She said I would get a $30.00 credit for the three months at $10.00 month. Then I got my bill and it was just on there as a regular charge, more than $10.00 per month and with nothing about a $30.00 credit. And then not being a rugby fan it is not really a fair substitute for Gol, but to their defense they do have some good soccer too, matches not on anywhere else. I called their cuss-some-more service yet again and got the charges removed and the tax is supposed to be recalculated this month -- not holding my breath. My #1 tip for calling them, use a phone with a speaker-phone function or you will sit around so long with the phone to your ear that mold may begin to form. Also check you may be getting the programming shown for 407, Fox Sports en Espanol (but not available) at 855, I am anyway. I don't know if that is standard or a quirk but I'm not telling them about it.

12. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Already had Setanta.

They did give me a $10 a month credit for a year and one month free though.

13. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    How can they get rid of a network (local) channel? :confused: wow.

I switched to dish in the weekdays right before the weekend of Barca vs. Madrid. Right on time :D

14. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump.

Anyone have any news on if Dish Net and Goltv are any closer to an agreement? I have Dish, and it fooking sucks not being able to watch the Bund or La Liga games. Missing the Barca/RM game right now.

It's been over 3 yrs, and still nothing between these companies? Did everyone just switch to Direct tv? How much would that switch be?

15. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Call Directv. PM me and we both save $100 off our bills if you use my account number ;)

They'll probably give you the NFL Sunday ticket for free. If you don't want it, ask if you can give it to me.

;)

Directv is excellent, I love having it. You will too.

16. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This, exactly. Seconded.

17. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Switch It'll probably be cheaper for the first year with their promo offers.

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: GolTV toils w/ Dish Network

From what I understand, the offer requires a two year service commitment, and you'll be charged for the second year of NFL Sunday Ticket. IIRC, it's something like $330-$350. Although, considering that's the price for two years, it's not so bad.

And it also includes NFL RedZone for no additional fee. This channel is great beyond words.

19. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will pm you! When I can.:mad: Yellow card expired in about 2 weeks.

20. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you mind explaining more in depth what I should do? Call Direct tv and explain the situation, and they might give a discount for switching over?

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pm'd you with my email address

22. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: GolTV toils w/ Dish Network

NFL RedZone or the DirecTV RedZone with one Andrew Sicilliano?

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should call them and tell them you are unhappy with Dish network and are thinking about switching.

Then you should find what you are interested in.... for example I like baseball but couldn't care less about the NFL. So I might say, I'm really interested in your baseball package. Or I am worried that Directv might cost more than Dish. The longer you hold out the more likely you are to get free stuff or bigger discounts. If you don't care too much about the discounts then don't worry about it. Just realize that you will sign a two year agreement and the first year you will pay $30 a month or something and the 2nd year it will basically double to around $60 for your base package.

24. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    So my assumption is that Dish and Gol TV are not taliking at all.