Golden Generation

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Jul 6, 2019.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thought I’d open this thread because people seem to think Falcaos generation was the best or that James u20 could be. Falcaos team
    Had Ospina, Cristian Zapata, Zuniga, Falcao, Guarin as the big stand outs.

the 90s team
    2001 Colombia(only team with a title)
    2012 colombia
    Current team
    Future team?

I really really like the 2005 U 20 team but think our next WC team will be the most solid if we can find a replacement for Falcao

GK?
    LB -
    CB - Mina
    CB - Davison
    RB - Arias
    DM - Barrios/Cuellar
    CM - Lerma/Uribe/Cuellar
    LM - James
    RM - Quintero
    CF - Duvan?
    CF/MF - ?

The new coach likes taller Gks and the striker and Lb positions are up for grabs. Everything else seems pretty set unless someone magical pops up

If we can’t find a LB maybe try 3 In the back. Rather have our 3rd best CB start then our 6th-7th best CB start out of position

2. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Id rather we solidify a style that can work over time and have strong succession planning on place so we never have to have a golden generation at all...

Germany and Brasil don't talk about them.

pepinointer repped this.
  3. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crazy! I can see how a 4-4-2 with James in form and Quintero could be an interesting team. However, it doesn't look like we will ever see James of 2014 world cup again. Also, Quieroz is not going to change his 4-3-3. I'm not sure how Quintero or a out of form James fit yet alone start together.

2014 World Cup team is the best that I have seen. The core of is from 2005 U-20 South America Championship team. Yes, I think it was a better than 1994 team.

4. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia