Gold Cup USA-CR Post Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by United20, Jul 12, 2005.

1. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry. I feel stupid.

2. kurgen99

kurgen99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Exactly. We all complain that we don't participate in enough tournaments, using C teams if we have to. Well, that's what saw last night. The game, even the tournament doesn't really matter. People had cards on them. We got a look at some people. We all pretty much agree who doesn't belong out there except for arguments for and against Hedjuk and Noonan in particular.

It was a decent game to watch. We can all start freaking out next year when we see the line-ups for WC06.

3. datdood

datdood New Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Melbourne
    Sorry if this may have been addressed elsewhere, what is the TV listing (if any) for the upcoming T&T match? I can't find the thread anywhere. Thanks in advance...

4. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ

http://www.us.terra.com/goldcup2005/us/interna/0,,OI540660-EI4900,00.html

Here's the complete TV schedule for the Gold Cup.

No worries.

Edit: Oops, I misread, will find that schedule too...hold on.

5. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    yeh, he could go on the Lance Armstrong diet, no lack of oomph there!

6. braun

braun Red Card

Feb 22, 2001
    metro Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cherundolo may be our best bet at RB, but his crossing last night leaves something to be desired. Why did he not cross the ball to the feet of our front players? Trying to place the ball on the heads of those players was just not working. The same can be said for Ralston.

Our inaccurate passing showed most of the match. What happened to our one-touch game?

Perhaps the ticos' defense is responsible for these shortcomings. Certainly the way the Mexican referee called the match contributed!

Let's see better crossing and passing. It may make up for the lack of speed and less than best starting XI.

7. doneshufflin

doneshufflin New Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Washington DC
    Re: Armas + Olsen is a disaster

Excellent is a reach, but he is good. I really think that he plays the game well, but who is his backup? Frankie. Well then who plays the left side. I mean we have no depth at this position.

8. okiebear

okiebear New Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Bucks County
    And we will. I was as puzzled the day we went into Azteca as we were before last night's match.

9. cyn0979

cyn0979 New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    Queens, NY
    I drove up from NY to see Bruce Arena F-up the lineup, as he always does when its not an important game. I did have a great time sitting with The Midnight Riders, thanks to Monty and the crew for a warm welcome. Hope to see you guys on Saturday, hopefully we will have our voices back by then :) .

Cynthia

10. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, I could say that about much of the first half...maybe affected by the fact that I was viewing the attacking action from the Fort, so it was pretty far away, but seemed to me that the outside attack often pulled up at about the 20 and passed back to the defense. Just little consistent intensity at going forward.

11. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Armas + Olsen is a disaster

I'm kinda hoping for Chris Albright.

12. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    buyer beware...

arena is basically doing enough to get into the elimination phase while he can experiment...

right now, it's spots 18-23 on the june 2006 roster which are debateable...

I suspect on saturday against jamaica, it'll be win as #1 priority...

jamaica is going with some kids, and against mexico played very well....almost tied it in injury time, a man down, which would have meant, usa and mexico on saturday

13. Beast_Ed

Beast_Ed Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Boston MetroWest
    I love these guys like brothers, but they are not up to par for the Saturday game. So, I hope to see any lineup that doesn't include them:

Olsen
    Armas
    Sannah

Sorry for them.

Beastie Eddy

--
    *Complete the SOCCER SURVEY*
    https://www.quickbase.com/db/baqwa3ay6?a=nwr

14. mickhayafe

mickhayafe New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Bakersfield, CA