Gold Cup TV Ratings

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by tk421, Jun 21, 2011.

1. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
  2. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
  3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At USMNT, there's a thread about the final.

FSC had never gotten a rating as high as 1.0, but was (IIRC) at 1.43 for the Gold Cup Final. In other words, they trounced their previous record by 50 freakin' percent. Among males 18-34 FSC beat some of the networks.

4. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Just word of mouth, after the past several GC's when no one I knew outside of soccer gave a shit about the final match, I knew several people excited to watch this match.

5. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think around 956,000 people watched the game. That's impressive for FOX Soccer.

6. jhernandez86

jhernandez86 Member

Sep 22, 2004
    It seems that the only ratings that count are FCS. Note that this tournament will be more popular among latinos due to the fact that there are several Central American teams involved.

So the Main focus for ratings should be Univision and not FSC. Univision is a Free to Air Channel, and has a larger household penetration than FSC.

Plus must of the top teams come from Spanish speaking Nations in Central America.

The FSC viewer really is not that interested in this event, hence low ratings.

7. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    note the FSC ratings are "low" relative to what Univision/TeleFutura got for the same games/tournament.

but the FSC ratings for the Gold Cup are actually "high" (and quite high, especially for the final) relative to what FSC usually achieves for their other content.

8. Fulham9

Fulham9 Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Houston, Texas, USA

I haven't posted in about 5 years, but that may be the most idiotic statement in the history of BigSoccer.Com. FSC broke their record audience by 50%. Let me say that again: FSC broke their record audience by 50%. Let me say that again: FSC broke their record audience by 50%

Please keep repeating that statement over and over again until the meaning of it sinks in.

1 person likes this.
  9. Tevla

Tevla Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Milton, WI
    It is also worth noting that FSC has only 36.5 million households, whereas the largest networks have about 100 million. In context, it is an outstanding rating.Source

10. BarcaFan

BarcaFan Member

Nov 14, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You clearly haven't been to the yanks abroad forum then :p

11. Mattcat424

Mattcat424 New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    California
    Club: