GOLD CUP Travel/Tickets: Final in Los Angeles 6/25/2011

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Palermo10, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Gold Cup Final

If you're in Davis, California. I'm in Princeton, New Jersey.

So I can spend about 50 bucks (give or take) to fill up my tank and drive to Foxboro and pay another 15 for parking. See the US play the best team in the world.

Or I can spend about 500 to fly from Philly to Burbank (or LAX, whichever happens to be slightly less obscene) get a hotel for few nights which should run me a few hundred more. Eating expenses. Travel to and from the game. And see the US play a team they played 5 times in the last cycle and whom I've already seen them play.

In a perfect world, I'd go to both no problem. But if I don't have the unlimited funds, and I expect I wont, I'm taking the cheaper option.

2. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Fair enough, I thought you were considering both the Spain and or the Gold Cup Final.

3. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And I am. But right now, because of it's proximity to me and the team the US will be playing, the Spain game is top priority.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Personally I'd rather go see the US play in the quarterfinals in DC than a friendly against Spain.

5. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Cool.

1 person likes this.
  6. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008

You know what, if you're going to talk about personal stuff like your finances, your job, your traveling preferences, etc. you don't have to act like a mouthy teenager when someone else does the same. It's just unproductive.

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's not really how I interpreted it, but it's all good.

8. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008

Just sensed a snide tone, something that BS really seems to have a problem with. People seem to have a hard time disagreeing without being disagreeable. I don't know, maybe it's just a message board thing in general.

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's what happens when body language, tone of voice and physical presence are removed from a situation. That's why people lose their **** on the internet more often than in real life. Not that they don't in real life but it's much less.

Anyway, maybe Brandinho was annoyed by my comment, maybe he wasn't. I didn't think he was, but I've been wrong before.

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well since he just neg repped this post, I take it all back. I guess he was being snide. Oh well, never overestimate people. :rolleyes:

11. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008

I got one too! :(

12. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Neg rep? I swear I tried positive rep you and neg rep him. I ********ed up. I'll get you back when I can and I apologize for my dyslexia (not sure if something like that is caused by dyslexia).

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well if that is the case don't worry about it. It's not really a big deal.

14. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008

Well if those were really your intentions, my apologies. For some reason I still doubt it. In any case, there is no need for name-calling. Let's try to be civil here.

15. Nevada Eagle

Nevada Eagle Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carson City, NV
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Comming in a little late with this, but I got 2 nights at the Pasadena Inn through Hotels.com at $203.22 all total. Probably not the greatest, but not bad price and appears to be about 3 mile from RB. Map shows a fare number of bars close by as well. I will be in KC and Houston as well. See you guys there. :D

16. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Has National AO or AO LA looked into where the home bar would be for the night before and the day before the games?

17. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008

Capitol city sports in Hollywood is their usual spot, but I've got to think most of us will be at lucky baldwins in old town

18. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thats in Pasadena?

19. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008

Yeah, Old Town is the historical downtown area of Pasadena with all the shops and restaurants. Really neat. LB's is the main English pub on this side of town and supporters usually have their pregame stuff there anytime there is a game at the Rose Bowl.

20. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This whole "STAND" thing has got me thinking that I'm going to end up in the El Salvadorean supporters section. I hate working through ticketmaster...I've gotten too comfortable buying through AO.

Anyway, who's going to the quarters in DC?! Its going to be a great time.

21. ysantos

ysantos Member

United States
    Sep 24, 2006
    Gardena
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We haven't met at Capitol City in almost a year. If the night before stuff is anything like the USA/Chile match, AOLA will meet at Dillon's on the corner of Hollywood and Vine. AOOC will meet at Rudy's down in Foothill Ranch.

The day of hasn't been discussed at length, but I wouldn't be surprised if the powers that be selected Lucky Baldwins. A 2 mile impromptu march to the match would certainly be interesting.

22. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So basically a jog to the park. Sounds fun. Probably good for the 3 chapters to start talking to each other. I don't know who has Pasadena ground, so start chatting.

[​IMG]

23. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Alright ******** it. I bought the ticket anyway. Thank God for irresponsible credit card use. Alright, anyone wanna hang out in LA? Shoot me a PM...the guy I used to go to the games with became a sports writer and no longer attends as a fan.

24. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Nice, should be a good one. I have yet to buy my tickets. Still going if it's a non-US final?

25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Don't even say that!