GOLD CUP Travel/Tickets: Final in Los Angeles 6/25/2011

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Palermo10, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Hasbro35

Hasbro35 New Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Re: Anyone buying General Admission as USMNT fans!

Hi Statman...that's interesting. They do it for UCLA football games. I have had season seats since 1988. They didn't always do it, but have for the last few years at least. My guess is that its a UCLA admin request and that its not a Rose Bowl standard. Good to know.

2. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They must have put that up to prevent you Bruins from charging the field and ripping apart Neuheisel. :D

3. JLoeza

JLoeza Guest

Pumped for this game! Heading to purchase my new US jersey at the local shop. Wear red!

4. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am stoked for the game as well, but the tickets are too expensive for me. I may just end up going to tailgate and then trying to see if another poor ticketless soul is just watching the game in the parking lot on DirecTV. :)

5. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good info, man. Repped.

6. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008

Nah, they definitely have used fences for GA seating in the past. Granted that was for a SUM/World Football Challenge match, which is different from CONCACAF, but there is precedent at the Rose Bowl for divided sections.

7. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The last soccer match I attended at the Rose Bowl was the LA Galaxy/Real Madrid match last July.

I had GA tickets and didn't see fences separating the sections.

Maybe I was too drunk to even notice? :D

8. hoosh

hoosh New Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured a post here wouldn't hurt in the off-chance that there are tickets, but I am looking for three tickets that would preferably be in the GA Supporters Section for the US. If you have any, please PM me or e-mail me at phxsuns32@gmail.com

I'm kicking myself for not buying tickets when I had the chance, especially given the insane amount of upsell people are going for. I underestimated the insane interest for the final (Would it have been like this if it were Honduras - USA?).

What is everyone's thought of staying in a group of US fans (say, 4 fans total) and braving it in a section that has an unknown makeup? Is that a death wish? It's a vague question, but I tend to imagine that if I'm surrounded by a group of Mexican fans, the likelihood of getting pegged with a cup of piss is high.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Always have optimism that the USMNT will make the final and buy the tickets when you have a chance!

9. slymer

slymer New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    California
    My brother bought our 6 tickets months ago. I'm not even sure of the section. For all I know we are right in the middle of hostile territory.

10. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008

Hahaha must of been. That was the exact game I was referring to.

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know man, I've got a group of four in a section where we bought them presale with the code USAFAN. I'm sure it will be 70-80% Mexican fans, but they are expensive tickets, so I am thinking that will keep out the crazy 1%

12. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adding myself to the list. Looking for 2 tickets, don't really care where, knowing 1% of the stadium will be have USA fans.

QHovey gmail, you know the rest.

13. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have my tickets already but my friend who traveled to azteca with us 2 years ago didn't get a pair and is now hoping someone can help a diehard out. he'll take any tickets. email me if you can help at socluis90@yahoo.com

14. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uggh, what a nightmare about tix. Add me to the list of ticket orphans.

Surely there's some U.S Soccer saint out there with spare tix for all of us, right? ;)

15. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
  16. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still looking for one ticket. pm me, but best way to contact me is by email: doug@zimpix.com or cell: 415.335.0516

17. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This post is amazing so I hope everyone reads it at least once.

Also, I checked out StubHub, & the ticket prices aren't to bad if you want to sit next to AO & not in the hell hole they call general admission. Tickets are ranging from $170-$300 in section 22. Its the price your going to have to pay to watch A USvsMexico soccer game in a place that's as Mexico as you can get.
    And those prices are still cheaper than the MLB All Star Game, so I wouldn't whine that much about the prices.

18. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correction - its the price you're going to have to pay for not buying tickets early like everyone else. If we're going to be a better fan base we need to make sure everyone is on the ball. The last thing I want is Mexican fans joining me in Section 23 because US fans didnt buy them.

19. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bumping this...anybody know the best options from Santa Monica, where I'll be staying. Driving to Pasadena and taking the shuttle from there? Driving straight to the Rose Bowl? Shuttle options direct from Santa Monica?

20. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    I don't know of any shuttle options from Santa Monica. Your two choices are parking in Pasadena and taking the shuttle, or parking down in the Rose Bowl.

21. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you know 22 is an AO section. I haven't seen anything anywhere that suggested there was an "official" section for AO.

22. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats why I said, "SIT NEXT TO".

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That will happen I promise.

24. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am looking for 2 tickets to the Final for my new wife and me. I would prefer the US supporters' section, but I would be interested in any extra tickets that one of you might have to sell. I am a long time US supporter (since the Ricky Davis days in the early 1980's!). The last USA-Mexico game I attended was the 2002 World Cup second round game in South Korea (I have been living in Brazil for the last several years).

My wife is Brazilian but she loves the US national team (unless they are playing against Brazil!), especially Freddy Adu (he is actually one of the only recognizable US players in Brazil...go figure). If you have 2 extra tickets to sell and you sell them to me, you are guaranteed to add 2 vocal red-shirt-wearing US supporters to offset the sea of green on Saturday.

I wish that I had purchased tickets when they were available publicly, but I thought that I would still be on my honeymoon...we ended up getting married a bit earlier than planned, so we would love to go to the game on Saturday...please help us!

Thanks all.

(If you have extra tickets to sell, please send me a PM!)

25. TheGrayMatters

TheGrayMatters New Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Ian: Sent you a PM. I live in Santa Monica and I'll be driving to the game with an empty car...