Gold Cup Tix info?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by ironduke2010, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok, now that the gold cup draw has been out for a while, what's the scoop on tickets? a quick (admittedly half-assed) search turned up nothing. best i saw was "sometime in march". anyone have any more precise info?

also, who handles ticket sales for this? is it ussf?

2. ajvf97

ajvf97 Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Sacramento
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ticket info. from CONCACAF is very vague. Late March is all we know for now. USSF doesn't handle the tickets, CONCACAF does since it sanctions the Gold Cup. But it would make sense to give an allotment to USSF for the sake of a Sam's Army section (which is where I would like to be at the HDC games) and the fact the tournament is being hosted on U.S. soil.

3. kubrick74

kubrick74 Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Dont bet on the Sam's Army thing happening. At the Gold Cup @ Giants Stadium in '05, it didnt happen. God knows why, whether it's USSF's fault, CONCACAF, or Giants Stadium, but the closest thing to it was one of the ESC guys fronting a boatload of money for tix and creating a US supporters section. Anyway, maybe it will be different this year.

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    All USMNT fans owe the ESC's head man Corey a huge debt of gratitude for that one....

5. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have sent an email to US soccer , and I am planning on calling them soon regarding the SA section at the Gold Cup games . It would not be that difficult for USSF to tell CONCACAF to give them a section or two of tickets for US supporters for each match we are involved in.

6. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I stated in the other thread, Foxboro will have a Sam's Army section as they always do!

7. noseycat

noseycat New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Kansas City
    Presale is going, anyone have the password

for ticketmaster?

8. ajvf97

ajvf97 Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Sacramento
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you go to ticketmaster and search for "Home Depot Center", the GC dates will show up. It says that the GC HDC games don't go on sale until 3/29/07 at 10am.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/74263

9. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. noseycat

noseycat New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Kansas City
    Right, but if you go to the semifinals, you can jump in on the presale with a password. The "hint" is Bears Club Holder Password.

11. Cornballer

Cornballer Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another question...

What's the deal with the doubleheaders? (e.g. US plays Guatemala on 6/7 at the HDC at 6pm followed by El Salvador - T&T at 8pm.) Do tickets get you in for both matches? Are they going to be more expensive because they're doubleheaders?

Thanks! :)

12. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those of you are that are travelling to Chicago for the final...

Are you going to buy tickets to sit and watch the game , or should we continue to hound USSF and try to get them to set up a US supporters section for the semis and final , whether we are involved in it or not ?

I think we should push for a supporters section , as I dont want to have to sit in the middle of a stadium full of mexicans...

13. sethuel1

sethuel1 Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either it's already been pushed or it's too late, with the tickets going on sale in a couple of days

14. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah it seems to be that way , I sent an email to US soccer as soon as the venues were announced and never received a reply...

15. moonbbad

moonbbad Member

May 21, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought tickets. If I am around mexicans so be it, I am bringing US Supporters with me and we will make a grand ol' time out of it when we knock their heads in on the pitch.

16. ProfZim1

ProfZim1 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Hayward, CA
    does anyone know where the US Supporters section was in matches past for the Home Depot Center? It doesn't seem like we're going to get any information from US Soccer before tix go on sale tomorrow. Thanks.

17. Cornballer

Cornballer Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is all I've seen.

18. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just talked to Dan from the LA galaxy . I asked if it would be possible to reserve one section for US supporters for the US gold cup games , and he was extremely helpful and is going to call US soccer for our request.

He asked what section for the section , and I said 102 would be great , as it has been a great section behind the goal for the past two US games at the HDC. Dan said he will know by Friday , and will let me know then.

So if you are planning on attending these US gold cup games , I suggest you wait to buy your tickets , as a supporters section is very likely.

Chase

19. ej014

ej014 Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Vacaville, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a good time. I'll definately be waiting. Thanks for the work.

20. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Whats usually the price range for tickets for the Gold Cup final??

21. moonbbad

moonbbad Member

May 21, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it going to be worth it for you to pay the money to watch Mexico get worked again by the US? ;)

22. Cornballer

Cornballer Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets are up for the HDC games. $30/$40/$55 for single day tickets and $50/$70/$100 for the two day passes. (Your usual Ticketbastard bend-over-the-coffee-table fees apply, and they range from around $4-$8 per ticket.)

23. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For what it's worth, if you want to be with the US Supporter's/Sam's Army for the two possible matches in Foxboro ... do NOT buy through Ticketmaster. The Midnight Riders will be selling tickets in the section we'll all be in, for cheaper and you don't have to worry about the stupid ticketbastard fees.

24. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    Great I'm trying to get a bit of a group to come up from Atlanta for one of the games and I would rather stand with the supporters group even though I feel like i miss a good bit of what happens in the game.

Everybody will have to agree on whether to get to Foxboro or Chicago. I'm leaning towards Foxboro I think I would rather visit the city of Boston although I would probably rather see a later round.

25. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ill be flying into Chicago for the semi final and final , but its a shame there will be no supporters section for these two matches , so it looks like I will actually have to sit and watch the game... weird i know :D