Gold Cup Matches in Seattle?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by sounderfan, Nov 9, 2004.

1. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
  2. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Audition for a hex game?

3. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HOPE SO!! I was in Seattle for the Venezuela friendly (should've been Japan) in March of 2003 & had a BLAST. Seattle is a GREAT city & I would love to go back, especially for a Hex game.

However, I wonder if this is truly good news. Perhaps, US soccer is just "throwing a bone" to Seattle as far as getting 2 Gold Cup games (and I DO plan to go to, at least, one if not both) and then get nothing for the Hex. I hope I'm wrong because Seahawks Stadium is a great place for a soccer game. I would rather Seattle get 1 WCQ than 2 Gold Cup games (and I'm sure most Seattle fans would agree) but we'll have to wait until December or January, to find out if Seattle gets a Hex game.

4. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    I've been to US games here... and had a great time!

Trains come up from Portland... packed stadium... really a great atmosphere.

If we have games, I'll be there... and as before I'll bring my friends that enjoy soccer... and those that haven't a clue ... :)
    (I've already converted a couple people)

5. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Odd choice for Gold Cup matches, but should be a good pro-US crowd from the northwest.

6. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    I will be there

7. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    It's a great stadium that should somehow be worked into a national team rotation.

8. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    I agree... the stadium was built to house a soccer team as well as a football team. It's a great facility and the fans here have been very good - and very pro USA.

We should play the central american and caribean teams here... they'd love our winters! Wouldn't work against a team like England... they'd think they were home!