Gold Cup discoveries

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by ChuckA, Jul 14, 2005.

1. ChuckA

ChuckA New Member

Apr 4, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    I've been away from home for the entire Gold Cup. The hotel I am staying in does not get Telefutura.

Have there been any players from Concacaf that could be classified as potential MLS signees? Who has impressed? And, who is available?

Just curious.

2. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really curious as well since the Revs have two senior roster slots open, two SI slots open and LOTS of Cap to work with. The damn transfer window really puts the lid on things but for sure Coach Nicol and the Evil Midget Sunil are burning the midnight oil.

3. Revolution96

Revolution96 New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Rhode Island
    Some of the cuban players looked good, big and strong, really fast. Raw talent.

4. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    The two Cubans who defected, forward Maikel Galindo and goalkeeper Odelin Molina, will most likely end up somewhere in the U.S. as they are immigrating here.

5. Screech Powers

Screech Powers New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Highlands Ranch, CO.
    I thought Molina the goalkeeper was terrible. At best he will end up in the USL somewhere, I don't think any MLS team in there right mind would go near him.

6. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    MLS already experimented with two Cubans and they were a total dissappointment

7. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    I've seen a couple of dodgy Brazilians, but I'd still have Ronaldinho at Derby.

8. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    He used to be Cuba's captain.