Gold Cup? CONCACAF Champions Cup?...

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Fire Lovin' Hoosier, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Fire Lovin' Hoosier

Fire Lovin' Hoosier New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Indy
    I need a little help figuring out the schedule and competitors for these tournaments. I've tried looking at the CONCACAF site and its pretty confusing as to the dates and teams competing so if somebody couldn't straighten this out for me i'd appreciate it...and add anything else the MLS clubs or USMNT will be competing in for the next year or so if there is any in terms of international competition. Thanks.

2. Line9Foul

Line9Foul New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    Good ol' USA

well the schedules for this tournaments are still undecided to be honest.... not every team has qualified, but the Gold Cup is set for June 2007 and the Champions Cup should begin in March 2007. As for the tournaments involving the MLS clubs and US Nats they should go something like this:

US National Team: Gold Cup 2007 and Copa America 2007
    Houston Dynamo/ D.C United: Concacaf Champions Cup

and even though its not official... many people believe the other tournament that will involve MLS Clubs will involve this four clubs. (again its not official)

D.C United/ FC Dallas/ Chicago Fire/ Los Angeles Galaxy: MLS/MFL Tournament

ps: also be sure to catch the baby nats playing in the U17 and U20 world youth championships.

3. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The dates for the CONCACAF Champions Cup have been announced:

Quarter-Finals: 1st Leg - February 20-22; 2nd Leg - February 27-March 1
    Semi-Finals: 1st Leg - March 13-15; 2nd Leg - April 3-5
    Finals: 1st Leg - April 17-19; 2nd Leg - April 24-26

The draw is this Friday, Nov. 24 even though not all the teams have been determined yet.

4. Fire Lovin' Hoosier

Fire Lovin' Hoosier New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Indy
    thanks. So the Copa America and the Gold Cup are both taking place during MLS season? And does anybody know if any of the World Youth Championship games will be televised?

5. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Weren't CONCACAF moving to a league format for 2007?

6. thespian89

thespian89 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Well, I know ABC/ESPN in buying the rights to 2010 and 2014 World Cups, they also buy rights to all FIFA events minus Club World Cup (FSC this year). So yeah I think they will televised just not sure on which ESPN channels.

7. thespian89

thespian89 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    You might be thinking of the MLS/Mexican League tournament. At first, it seemed that it would be a CONCACAF Champions League but at this point it's only MLS/MFL.

8. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep.

Probably. I think FSC had the last edition, and that would be a likely destination for the next one.