Gol TV and Fox Soccer Channel look horrendous on Comcast

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by matty311, Feb 2, 2009.

1. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    After setting up my new 40" Sony Bravia LCD TV on Saturday and hooking up my HD Cable Box with an HDMI cable I was appalled at how bad Gol Tv looks and to a lesser degree how bad FSC looks. I realize that by using an HDMI cable it bypasses the tv's scaling capabilities, so I have hooked up the reciever to the TV with an s-video cable as well for my SD channels, which seems to look better than component video for some reason.
    Obviously SD is never going to look close to HD, but all my other channels are at least watchable. Watching the Sevilla-Gijon and Valencia-Almeria games yesterday were horrible, it was like watching blurs chasing a smaller blur around a blurry field. Im becoming convinced that this is due to the fact that Comcast is shortchanging GolTV on the amount of bandwith they are giving it up here in Pittsburgh. I had GolTV on an FTA reciever up in Canada for a few years back when it was unscrambled on and I had it in Toronto on Rogers Cable for 2 years while I was living up there, and even then I had it run through a widescreen LCD TV, and it looked good. Anyone else having this problem on Comcast or any other platform with either two channels????