Gol T V and Time Warner Cable

Discussion in 'Spain' started by bkn0528, Oct 17, 2003.

1. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    just got off the phone with gol tv, who said they are negotiating with Time Warner to include the channel in their lineup. They asked me to call Time Warner to request Gol TV (I did that a while ago). while I'm perfectly happy to go to a bar to watch la liga it would be great if it was on at home so I could tape matches while I'm at work. if anyone cares, give Time Warner a call. who knows?

2. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very timely post, as i am about to get dish network installed on saturday instead of singing up for time warner cable. TWC is just too damn expensive IMO, and there looks to be loads more soccer on the dish.

now if dish would only pick up espn deportes...

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I emailed TWCNYC last week and they said they had no plans to add Gol TV to their lineup at this time. However if Gol TV were to be added they would probably make it part of the Spanish channel lineup which costs extra $ which I ain't paying for...

4. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    are you telling me you wouldn't shill out the dough for the chance to see "dos mujeres, un camino"?

5. Heliopolis

Heliopolis New Member

Sep 26, 2003
    I have two versions of GolTV on the dish. One is in Spanish which you must have the Dish Latino package to receive the other is on Dish in English but since I have the 150 I don't know if that is for the folks with 150 or is in the basic package.

My only complaint to GolTV ( which I told them yesterday via phone) is that they always televise the big 4 teams, such as with this weekend: Barca-Depor, Celta-Madrid and on Monday Valencia-Espanyol. With the Derby Sevillano this weekend and a bunch of us calling and writing for them to show it, they decided not to. I enjoy watching the liga, but there are 20 teams in the liga not 4. If they want to show the big boys show 2 games live, then 1 or 2 games of lessor teams and then show the other 2 big boys delayed on Monday and Tuesday. Instead they will ram down our throats Real Madrid 3-4 times this week so we can all see that *#*#*#*#*#*#*# Beckham and his new hairdo!

All I wanted was to see Betis defeat Sevilla this weekend in the Sanchez Pizjuan in the Derby Sevillano, is that asking too much? I don't think so! :>(

Heliopolis

6. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    I guess Sevilla diehards have to give in on this one.

Last year, when FSW televised la Liga without the big 2, all hell broke loose. Obviously the weekly doses of Real Betis, Celta Vigo, Valencia, etc. couldn't do the job. The complaints never stopped.

Now with weekly doses of Real and Barca, this is the first time I see complaints on game seletions on American TV (GolTV). And it's already Jornada 7.

Obviously Real Betis and Sevilla fans are worth nothing to GolTV and their sponsors.

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Not if I have to pay for every other spanish channel as well..........

8. keyvan9

keyvan9 New Member

Aug 2, 2003
    Miami
    watch Real, Barca and Sevillanos

FOr Rangers00:
    QUOTE: Last year, when FSW televised la Liga without the big 2, all hell broke loose. Obviously the weekly doses of Real Betis, Celta Vigo, Valencia, etc. couldn't do the job. The complaints never stopped.

Now with weekly doses of Real and Barca, this is the first time I see complaints on game seletions on American TV (GolTV). And it's already Jornada 7.

Obviously Real Betis and Sevilla fans are worth nothing to GolTV and their sponsors.
    RESPONSE:
    Not true. My name is Keyvan Heydari, and I am one of the on-air talents on Gol TV. This Tuesday you can watch Valencia v. Espanyol on Gol TV. Of course, when having 3 matches, This week we chose Barca-Deportivo, Celta-Madrid and Valencia-espanyol, the big boys and the leaders. So "no juegan Sevilla ni Betis on Gol TV" for now. But they'll be on later as their matchups become more important.

Personally, I would like to know what you watch and what you don't like. What are we doing right in your opinion and what do we need to improve upon?

9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Answer the man :)

I want Gol TV broadcast in English on TWCNYC and I want it included as part of my mandatory monthly fee!! :)

10. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Keyvan Heydari said: "and I am one of the on-air talents on Gol TV. This Tuesday you can watch Valencia v. Espanyol on Gol TV. Of course, when having 3 matches, This week we chose Barca-Deportivo, Celta-Madrid and Valencia-espanyol, the big boys and the leaders. So "no juegan Sevilla ni Betis on Gol TV" for now. But they'll be on later as their matchups become more important.

Personally, I would like to know what you watch and what you don't like. What are we doing right in your opinion and what do we need to improve upon?

My comments:

Based on your comments above, I can expect the following Betis games to be televised on GOLTV for the remainder of the primera vuelta de la liga.

Jornada 11 Barca-Betis 11 Nov.
    Jornada 12 Betis-Depor 23 Nov.

Does GOLTV only plan on showing the top 3 teams or top 4? If it is top 4 then next weekend the games that you all will televise are:

Depor(2)-Valencia(1)
    Real Madrid(3)-Racing
    Real Sociedad-Osasuna(4)

My question is how much longer are you planning to show Barcelona because they are and have been for various years now "also rans".

BTW-The next Derby Sevillano is 29 February 2004.

Saludos y viva er beti manque pierda y viva el GOLTV aunque no televisan er Beti!

Pichi

11. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    It's really a shame they didn't show the Derby Sevillano. From what I read it was an outstanding game (the best of the weekend).

12. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Right on Juanele which only adds to my disdain of those that believe the liga consists of only Real Madrid, Barca Depor and Valencia.

BTW-The tie was disheartening again for Betis as most if not all commentators said that Betis should have put the game in the bag when they were up 1-2 but as usual could not find the back of the net! Antonito's goal was very impressive indeed and am looking forward to seeing the goals on TVE tonite at 2000 hrs here on the west coast on the HITN station.

Looks like your Biri Biris had a good time in the stands as Canal Sur reported three fights during the game!

Saludos y viva er beti manque Lopera!

Pichi

13. Madrileno

Madrileno New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Denver
    mucho biris biris!!!!!

VIVA SEVILLA F C . antibetico!

14. pepster

pepster New Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Re: watch Real, Barca and Sevillanos

great to have you with us!!! please keep the same commentators (english) that you had for the real-celta and the barsa-depor games. we need people who can manage the english language without mangling it. the real-celta commentator though not very savvy and not very english is always "funny". i tape the games for the local high school kids and they respond very positively to another culture when they understand what is being talked about. needles to say they are hooked on la liga football. tks

15. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Fox Sports World only got the non big three since ESPN had dibs on those games and the joke was that the head Fox Programmer's wife was a gallega from Vigo because they had Celta on TV almost weekly to include UEFA games! The derby sevillano was shown :>) and I do believe that Betis was on the tube 3 times last year. What you forget is that if you wanted to see the big 3 or 4 last year you could go to latin american sports bar in the states and catch them, but those of us who followed other teams were basically hosed until Fox came around.

Saludos y viva er beti manque lopera!

Pichi

16. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    You were hosed for only 1 year: 2001-02.

Remember 2000-01 and before?

DirecTV Latin America had the entire la Liga package. Every game that wasn't on ESPN Latin America was on DirecTV Latin America's package, some live, some delayed. If you go to a Latin American sports bar, you can catch EVERY GAME.

Actually, during 2000-01, the la Liga package was also available on DirecTV Para Todos, for about $150. It was only a partial package since the offer only started in November 2000.

In other words, Fox Sport's venture of showing only Betis/Celta/Recreativo/... was far from comparable to what was available before.

Of course, Real Betis were on Segunda Liga during those years, so it didn't make any difference to you.

17. Heliopolis

Heliopolis New Member

Sep 26, 2003
    Betis was in Segunda during the year 2000-01. Prior to that it was 1991-92, so you are incorrect in your previous statement.

Pichi

18. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Betis was in Segunda during the year 2000-01. Prior to that it was 1991-92, so you are incorrect in your previous statement.

Pichi
    [/QUOTE]

Yup, he's right.

19. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    And I was right the first two games are the only ones that GolTV will show this weekend.

Pichi