Going to WNY

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Independence' started by pasoccerdad, Aug 21, 2011.

1. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Cheesesteak express is Going to the final in a 15 passenger van several others going up to support the players

2. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fan-dam-tastic!

There is one odd feature of Sahlen's stadium (OK one of the odd features). The players come from trailers parked outside the scoreboard end of the stadium, so the walkway between the trailers and the field which goes perpendicular to the concourse, is barricaded anywhere from 15-20 minutes before kickoff, so you have to go all the way around the other end of the field to get 'across.'

You can see the players line up here for entering the field for introductions. After that the barricades are moved.

The walkway gets barricaded again soon after full time.

The good thing about the walkway is after the game that's where the teams leave the field and most players interact with the fans there. If by some odd chance the losing team is from Philly, then there will be a good chance of interacting with your players there after the game.

The Flash, I am sure, will hang out after the game (win or lose) for autographs; with a big crowd they will be at at the fence behind the goal at the scoreboard end of the field.

3. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, looking forward to bring the noise

4. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Flash have a philly phan section 131 that is available, for those making the trip. Call 585-484-KICK and ask for the section 131 Philly phan deal.

5. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Philly Fan section is on the endline in the corner, The Flash did Philly no favors - Luckily we have tickets in an alternate location to bring the Philly Noise (not telling where because I don't know) - They are gonna think they are in Philly ....

6. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
  7. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Better mallet than mullet! :D

8. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, Heading out early in the Morning to meet up with the Cheesesteak Supporters Van... Got my Video Camera and Still Camera

We have the Cowbells, Veluzelas, mini airhorns, The Independence's Drum and loud voices - determined to make it sound like a home game !!!

Few of us know each other and only one person knows everyone. We all have one thing in common... Having a great time and supporting our Team.

Hope to be in WNY by 1 PM tomorrow and be tailgating right next to the stadium, one of our people has a plackard that allows us close to the stadium

Follow us at gocheesesteaks.gom on Twitter... mine is pasoccerdad

SO Hyped to be going to the championship and will try to write a report on the way back if I can