Going to see the Arsenal? Want to?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Tickets and Travel' started by n4100, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Ryndal

Ryndal Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My wife and I are planning a 2 week trip to England/Europe next fall. I want 2 days of the trip to see 2 matches if possible. She gets the rest of it to do as she pleases (museums, plays, etc)

We are flexible on our travel times. I have 3 questions.

When (approximately) does Arsenal (actually the EPL I suppose) release the fixture list for the upcoming season?

If I can manage to find a 2 week period during which Arsenal has 2 matches - what's the best way to go about securing tickets?

If we were forced to attend an away match during the 2 week period, how hard are those tickets to obtain? And would it be possible to sit with the traveling Arsenal fans?

2. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixtures are announced in June. You and your wife can join Arsenal America this summer and request tickets for home matches as soon as the fixtures are released. Tickets aren't guaranteed but ArseAm gets tickets for nearly every game and allocates them to members on a first come first serve basis. You shouldn't have trouble finding a week with two home games and certainly two within two weeks will be pretty easy.

http://www.arsenalamerica.com/

3. RitztotheRubble

RitztotheRubble Member+

Apr 15, 2011
    go on the "arsenal tickets" facebook group. on there you will be able to ask or answer others about the availability of away tickets. i've been to two away matches with tickets from there.

4. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has anyone used Arsenal America for tickets before? I would like to PM you some questions

5. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but not recently. I believe their request lead time grew to about 12 weeks and then there was deafening silence for quite some time before you got confirmation. I became uncomfortable with the process and with other avenues to tickets available both through red membership and from people I had met on earlier Arsenal trips I stopped going through AA.

6. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many of those problems have been solved this season, but lead time is something dictated by the club.

7. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Email your questions to info@arsenalamerica.com.

8. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've contacted them plenty. Just trying to to dig some feedback from other's past experience with them .

9. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Recently?

10. RitztotheRubble

RitztotheRubble Member+

Apr 15, 2011
    i had a red membership two seasons ago. i didn't have one for this season, but will possibly be attending games for next campaign. if/when i get one for next year, will i still use the same membership card, or will arsenal send a whole new membership package again?

11. Creepy Ross

Creepy Ross Member

Sep 21, 2006
    SoCal
    Traveling to Germany in Sept and have the time to make a quick trip to London. The only match in the time frame is 9/13 vs City.

At this late date, assuming Arsenal America is not an option. Anyone have insight on whether I can expect to sign up for a Red membership through the club and be set up in time to purchase tickets (if any are even available) thru the Ticket Exchange? The City tickets don't go on sale to Red members until 8/13.

Just not sure how long the process takes to get into the system and be able to purchase tickets.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

12. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Studying abroad in Rome this fall.

I would love to go to a game at the Emirates. I've been told to buy the red membership, and that tixs go on sale a month prior? Can I buy two tickets with one red membership?

Also, is there anyway I could somehow get to see an away game? How would I even go about getting in the traveling section????

Any insight would BE AMAZING!!!

13. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One ticket per red membership.

14. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #640 WoodDraw, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    There's very little chance of you getting away tickets to any of the top matches, but you should be able to for some of the less popular ones. You'll need a red membership. Arsenal posts travel details on their website as things become known. Keep an eye out for the tv networks screwing you over and switching game dates/times.

Also, with red membership, just make sure you realize that you aren't guaranteed a ticket. It just gives you the option to try to buy them. Depending on the game, this will either be pretty easy or not so much.

15. storming06

storming06 Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I have two extra tickets to the Arsenal vs. Red Bulls game. Section 226, Row 26. Just looking for cost ($176 Each). Please PM me if you are interested.

16. RitztotheRubble

RitztotheRubble Member+

Apr 15, 2011
    I'm pretty sure you can start using your membership as soon as you sign up. you may not have your card yet, but if there's any issues with receiving that before you leave for europe you can email the club and they will organize a paper ticket for you, waiting at the ticket office.

as for availability, it depends. i got a ticket for a match against chelsea in the past trough the exchange, but there weren't many, if any others available. i just signed on at exactly the right time. i think you could probably be able to get one for the city game though. you may have to keep checking the site several times however.

17. RitztotheRubble

RitztotheRubble Member+

Apr 15, 2011
    in terms of away games, there is very little chance of getting a ticket through the club, for both the big and small teams. occasionally midweek, away league cup matches will go to red members, but seeing as you're studying, i doubt that would fit in your schedule well.

that being said, the "arsenal tickets" facebook group and twitter account can be good places to get away tickets. unfortunately there's been some issues in the past, with the club and police trying to shut it down, calling it, "touting," which is ridiculous. everyone who is legitimately selling on the page keeps it strictly face value. i've twice tried for an away ticket on there and was successful both times. met the first person at the emirates and the second i went to a lloyd's and deposited money in their account. three days later there was a ticket waiting for me where i was staying.

18. Yam18

Yam18 Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greetings all. The wife and I are heading over in May, hoping to go to the Swansea game while there. I recently bought a Red Membership but did not realize it was one ticket per membership. I know tickets will not be released for that match for some time but what's the best to get two tickets together, get a Red Membership for her? Many thanks!

19. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can join ArsenalAmerica. You'll still need one membership per ticket but it's only $25 each and you've got a good chance at getting tickets. If it doesn't work out, you can get another red membership. http://www.arsenalamerica.com/membership

20. Creepy Ross

Creepy Ross Member

Sep 21, 2006
    SoCal
    Hi - thanks for your reply. I touched base with the ticket office and what you said is accurate. I bought the Red membership and foresee spending quite a bit of time on the ticket exchange starting on August 13th.

Thanks again

RitztotheRubble repped this.
  21. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just requested tickets for the City game on September 13th... There's probably no chance right?

22. Creepy Ross

Creepy Ross Member

Sep 21, 2006
    SoCal
    #648 Creepy Ross, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    I was able to buy a single ticket from the Arsenal box office this morning.

Tickets were released yesterday at 10am uk time, so I logged onto the box office site at 2am pacific. I ended up in a queue for about an hour before I could log into my account. I figured the match would be sold out by then, but there were still a handful of tickets left, all in the more expensive upper tier.

Unfortunately, my credit cards kept getting rejected. There were still a handful of tickets when I tried again in the morning after getting a few hours sleep. Even after going through two levels of security with Chase, my card was still being denied. Chase said it was something on Arsenal's end that was preventing the transaction.

So, I called the box office directly this morning and they processed the sale.

All this is to say, with a Red membership, you can still buy tickets for a bigger match like City later on the release day. United, sp*rs, chelsea, maybe not. YMMV of course.

Keep in mind, I was only looking for a single. Pairs probably much tougher.

@Bunbury2Agudelo: assuming you requested via arsenal America. If they don't come through, you could try your luck through the arsenal ticket exchange, you'll need a Red membership though.

23. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got a Visa card through BoA and they flip out over every overseas purchase I attempt. I had hassles buying a ticket from West Ham a couple of years ago and I routinely have problems renewing my Arsenal membership.

24. JKGooner

JKGooner Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be in England over Boxing Day. Does anyone know how likely it would be to get QPR tickets as I'll be in London during that time and help in how to go about it?

Thanks