Going to see Matisyahu soon? I have a favor to ask.

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by nicodemus, Feb 17, 2006.

1. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know there are some Matisyahu fans on here and some of y'all are probably going to be seeing him soon.

Anyway, my favor is this. I wanted to buy his Shake of the Dust...Arise album last night, and for some insanely stupid reason, they were only accepting exact change (eventhough the guy had a fistful of $5s) so I couldn't get it as I only had a $20.

If someone's going and would be willing to pick up a copy for me and mail it, I'll send you a check and a burned copy of a Matisyahu show for your efforts.

Thanks.

2. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I can take care of you. I'm going to the show in Indy on March 5. Just PM me (or gmail me) with your address.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shoot me a PM, I can hook you up on both cd's if you'd like.

4. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

is that show sold out yet?

5. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    According to the Vogue's website, there are still tickets available.

6. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    $23 bucks seems a lot for someone who i've only heard one song of. this one is up in the air...

7. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still debating whether to go to this show too, especially now that I have Bonnaroo tix and I know I'll catch him there. YanksFC or hangthadj, either of you going to Sigur Ros on Monday night?

8. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

another indianapolis cat. nice.

no sigur ros for me. i saw them in chicago 4 years back or so at park west and just haven't done it since. great show, GREAT GREAT show. but i gotta work monday night sadly.

since i skipped out on matt pond pa last night at birdy's that matisyahu show is looking more likely to me now.

9. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if I go, I'll wear my DC jersey. Try to refrain from throwing your drink at me. :rolleyes: Or just introduce yourself. Be nice to meet some fellow BS'ers out here.

Thanks for mentioning Matt Pond, btw. That made me go look at Birdy's calendar for the first time in a while. Didn't know Rob Dickinson was there this week.

10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Yeah, but Birdy's is just such a shit place to see a show. And the drinks are 2x as much as anywhere else it seems. That said, I wish I saw Feist there a few weeks back. I miss the Patio. :(

Sorry for the Indianapolis style threadjack, nico.

I've pretty much made up mind that I will see Matisyahu. My birthday is the 11th so I will come into a little bit of money right around then. It's only 10 blocks from me. It's stupid not to go. I'll find ya and introduce myself.

11. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No problem whatsoever. If I thread I start gets people checking out new tunes and has people meeting people, then I'm all for it.

12. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Not going to the Sigur Ros show, but I have to confess that I've never listened to Sigur Ros.

13. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    My wife and I are going to try to get there early enough to get a balcony seat, so I'll be looking for you guys.

14. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    oooof. i just realized this indy is oscar night. usually i just watch the oscars with a bottle of wine and whatever girl i am seeing. its a bit of a tradition. way back to college days. this would be a difficult decision normally. Luckily, I am not seeing anyone though at this time. so, hell yeah!

15. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    I see that the Matisyahu catalog is available on eMusic...which means if you join on their 50 free downloads program, you can grab all his music, quit, and he still gets paid. Sounds scammy, but the price is right.

16. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    eMusic actually a pretty good site. I've belonged for 3 months (doing the 40 downloads/$9.99 deal), and I've got a massive list of stuff I'm waiting to get. I'm surprised at some of what's considered "independent" labels. And Footix is right, I got "Shake Off the Dust..." on eMusic.

17. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Just got the Matisyahu album and I DIG it...great music :)

18. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Splendid suggestion. Rep.