Going to Qatar 2022: tickets, accommodations, etc. (non-politics)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Danny Ascencio, Oct 22, 2021.

1. MXfutbol

MXfutbol Member

Mexico
    Jul 6, 2022
    Same here. I tried to cart spain vs germany and could not get anything.

Tryhard1 repped this.
  2. AbuFulan

AbuFulan Member

Bayern München
    Iraq
    Aug 3, 2022
    Miniscule drop for the top matches, but the weaker matches have too many tickets available at the moment. TUN-AUS for example has 33 pages of tickets available.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  3. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    I think people are underestimating some interesting games with really good low-level (block 100) seats available: Senegal vs Netherlands, Serbia vs Cameroon, Ghana vs Uruguay, Serbia vs Switzerland.

I wasn't planning on watching Serbia vs Cameroon, but the seats were so good (middle of the pitch, lower level, row D) that I had to buy it. Also, Serbia is a serious dark horse contender with the likes of Vlahovic, Mitrovic, Tadic and so on.

AMooz, Wankdorf 1954, NNNJJJ and 13 others repped this.
  4. AbuFulan

AbuFulan Member

Bayern München
    Iraq
    Aug 3, 2022
    I heard an interesting discussion by a few Qataris and Saudis yesterday about how the "illegal" trade of tickets on websites like stubhub has worked. They mentioned that it was much less demand for tickets this time compared to Russia and how locals have dominated the sales. The most interesting point that they made is that nearly all group matches except around 8 matches are simply not selling on "illegal" websites. Sellers aren't making a profit on even matches like France-Australia, because selling a cat 2 ticket on stubhub is making the seller lose money to fees.

Marius Tresor, leonidas and Anoo repped this.
  5. Medmehdii

Medmehdii Member

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Mar 24, 2022
    Finally got my 10th game, you guys have now officially 1 less person in competition for tickets lol

6. welshmatt

welshmatt Member

Wales
    Jul 18, 2022
    I'd be happy with any game in the 3 days I have free, but always miss out on any cat3s.

7. myreya

myreya Member

Apr 3, 2022
    I am hoping that some of these tickets eventually are converted to CAT3 by FIFA… maybe that is naive but seems like that will be the only way to sell some of them.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  8. MomaBcn

MomaBcn Member

Athletic Club Bilbao
    Japan
    Sep 26, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I wanted the quarter final at education city stadium but I give up, not worth the time wasted refreshing every other second

I am fine with the 4 last games of the wc

wixson7 repped this.
  9. Nakul Sood

Nakul Sood Member

Real Madrid
    India
    Jul 10, 2022
    Germany
    Fifa cant convert these. This is just a resale portal. These are the tickets which has already been bought by people in those categories already. If no one buys them, the people who who listed them have no choice but to keep them. They can go or the seat will remain empty but Fifa already got their money for those seats.

NCCFBALL repped this.
  10. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    If any of those games have shedloads of Cat1s languishing in resale, turn up ahead of the game and wait for a desperate tout to appear.

11. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm going to all bar Senegal v Netherlands and that is because 2 decent games is the alternative.

However the local demand seems to be for the big teams.

brasileiragem repped this.
  12. Flutterdinho

Flutterdinho New Member

Jul 5, 2022
    So when you see the message 'Attention - The ticket you have selected is currently unavailable.' is it ever worth continuing to cart the ticket and it suddenly become available? Any success stories?

13. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Do you expect the seats to be changed again ? or whatever we see in the resale portal is final ?
    for those who might ask, to see your seat, go to the resale platform, choose the tickets you want to sell, click on sell, it will take you to a confirmation page , where you don't click on confirm. In this page you can see your seat

yournextmate repped this.
  14. Dragonhorse

Dragonhorse Member

Manchester United
    England
    Mar 3, 2017
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    why for match 61 I can't see the seat. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

15. vibrantcolours

Manchester United
    Mar 21, 2022
    Doha, Qatar
    Yes, me . I get an error on the match page

Dragonhorse repped this.
  16. LevskiSofia1914

Levski Sofia
    Bulgaria
    Jul 6, 2022
    For the folks waking up in the Americas, the "available" tickets are "available" since at least 6 hours but can't actually cart them. I've been trying for hours now without any success. To me this looks like a system bug. For example, match 59, it shows a Cat 3 ticket available but that's the case since at least 6 hours. Neither bought nor released. Makes no sense of course...

17. Joeyy

Joeyy Member

Arsenal
    France
    Jul 30, 2019
    Same here

18. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    Based on previous WCs, already assigned seats won't change - they are final.

19. radinho7

radinho7 Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 4, 2022
    #19169 radinho7, Oct 6, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    I'm thinking about buying tickets for BRA - SRB on resale platform or stubhub. Match is 22:00 and 40 KM from Ras Bu Fontas Fan Village, Doha, where I stay. Anyone knows if they have a Metro line available after the match (around midnight)? If I look at Google Maps now, I see the first Metro is driving the day after, like 10 hours later.

I guess they will expand the opening times of the Metro lines?

Thanks for the advice.

20. AbuFulan

AbuFulan Member

Bayern München
    Iraq
    Aug 3, 2022
    Metro services will run from 6 am to 3 am every day, so you'll no problems with taking the metro back to the Fan Village. The metro ride will take around 35 mins and a train will come every 2 mins

gyyvr and radinho7 repped this.
  21. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, if you really need the match it’s worth the effort. Someone already has it in the cart. But they may decide they don’t want it or their credit card payment could fail .

djknox repped this.
  22. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Few pages back, It happened for somecpple to see their seats being changed, but that wasnt the official way to see the seating, it was a link that someone here managed to pick up.
    Also the way i desribed earlier to see the seat isnt an official seating.
    The official seating is the one we will get on oir mobiles phone soon, before seats might change probably

djknox and marianelah repped this.
  23. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    I think this is overthinking.

FIFA is mentioning the seats position in the tickets being bought in the resale phase and it matches the seat position that is mentioned when you put a ticket for sale. It won't change.

mazinio and wixson7 repped this.
  24. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Technically, TSTs are not the federations supporters sections. Those are reserved for each feds membership groups/clubs. TSTs are just packages for that specific country's games.

marianelah repped this.
  25. Yazid Amrani

Yazid Amrani Member

Morocco
    Sep 28, 2022
    Gents, has anyone been lucky getting a refund for a cluster booking if they made a hotel reservation directly with Marriott or another non-QAA hotel? I just sent them an e-mail and waiting for their reply.