Going to Qatar 2022: tickets, accommodations, etc. (non-politics)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Danny Ascencio, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Joeyy

Joeyy Member

Arsenal
    France
    Jul 30, 2019
    Guys,
    I am logging in so that I can assign the ticket application number of my friends to mine in order to be seated together, I cannot find this section in my tickets.
    Is this feature not allowed now since the portal is open?
    Can you help me please
    Thanks

Chapimp repped this.
  2. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    What? It depends on what country you are talking about. Several years ago, Sky Mexico showed every single World Cup game from 1962 to the present. It took several months to go through them all. Those games were all shown on Mexican TV by Televisa. I seem to recall that 1966 was the first World Cup where the games were shown around the world live via satellite. In 1962 they were tapes physically sent to Mexico and the other countries for tape delayed broadcast. There must have been live terrestrial broadcasts in Europe in 1958 and before that probably covered limited areas.

HugoSanchez repped this.
  3. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    As mentioned two or three pages back, go to https://fcfs-intl.fwc22.tickets.fifa.com/account/files and click on "see details" next to an application

Benyounes repped this.
  4. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    No idea which will turn out to be the better game, but I'd opt for the GER because it's at a proper football stadium with no running track.

HugoSanchez repped this.
  5. DikkeAap

DikkeAap Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Jun 21, 2022
    Fair point, didn't realize Japan vs Spain will be played at Khalifa. Not looking forward to my game there, even with my own country playing.

6. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    Every match was televised in 1982. Not every match was shown live. Definitely not in the UK.

7. costasp

costasp Member

Man Utd.
    England
    Jun 11, 2018
    who could forget the unofficial /coca cola anthem waving’ flag? they played that everywhere in SA

8. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Still do not knot if last night was skipped only because of maintainence or being part of the weekend. We should find out soon.

As for the songs.. Coca Cola or somebody should really come up with a good unofficial song soon becuase the fifa one is complete shit and I am not againts these catchy songs normally.

9. Ian Messner

Ian Messner Member

Mansfield
    England
    May 25, 2021
    Tickets released in last few min, got some Eng v USA cat 3s

10. costasp

costasp Member

Man Utd.
    England
    Jun 11, 2018
    there was a drop but doesnt look like any argentina games

11. Gf93

Gf93 Member

Aug 3, 2022
    56,58 were dropped

12. Gf93

Gf93 Member

Aug 3, 2022
    61 semi cat 4 dropped as well

13. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Great drop .got England v wales cat3 and switching 2 cat 2 games for 2 cat 3,s

14. gessle00

gessle00 Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Club:
    Club América
    No Mex-Pol or Arg-Mex for 24 hrs now, frustrating to see every other match drop except those ones, literally, the ones I’m after

15. jmh107

jmh107 Member

Barcelona FC
    Mexico
    May 17, 2018
    I’m wondering if they’re just holding back on them or if there’s truly just little amount of tickets left for resale. I will say, I was surprised to see the number of USA-ENG and SPA-GER for resale tonight. Not that I could cart anything but it wasn’t one of those alerts where everyone is fighting for 1 ticket only. There were several.

16. bruinfan1

bruinfan1 Member

Canada
    Mar 24, 2022
    Has anyone noticed that the ticket numbers are sequential? If they are, my numbers suggest FIFA has either sold or resold or re-printed about 700,000 tickets since FCFS Phase 2 started?

Also added a POR-KOR Cat3 for a wishy-washy friend. Will I collect payment, or do I have to sell his ticket.... :)

17. Shahabp

Shahabp Member

May 1, 2022
    Queensland, Australia
    Finally got England vs USA! I can't believe I made it in Resale :)
    Now the only other ticket I want is Spain vs Germany

Rodrigo_BR repped this.
  18. jmh107

jmh107 Member

Barcelona FC
    Mexico
    May 17, 2018
    Congrats and good luck! That SPA-GER is just as elusive as ARG-MEX. Thing disappears within moments lol I think a little bit of luck is involved. Perhaps some perseverance too.

19. Shahabp

Shahabp Member

May 1, 2022
    Queensland, Australia
    Yeah definitely it was all luck
    I actually want Arg vs KSA too... and also Match 54...
    So 3 more really :)

20. gessle00

gessle00 Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Club:
    Club América
    Going to call the night, woke up in the middle of the night to keep refreshing only to see the games I’m after we’re never dropped, frustrating :(

21. Shahabp

Shahabp Member

May 1, 2022
    Queensland, Australia
    What games are you after? Argentina ones?

22. Anoo

Anoo Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Mar 30, 2022
    I thunk the best times has passed was when they first opened the portal and maybe the 2nd drop. It was easier to cart then.

23. Germanyfan

Germanyfan Member

Germany
    Feb 27, 2020
    So everyone is monitoring the "resale platform" site rather than the "international applications" site? Seems to be more availability there so I assume that is where the drops are happening? Apologies if this has been asked before.

24. costasp

costasp Member

Man Utd.
    England
    Jun 11, 2018
    Yes all the new tickets have been on resale portal although there were some tx released yesterday for a R16 on the main portal.

Germanyfan repped this.
  25. Joeyy

Joeyy Member

Arsenal
    France
    Jul 30, 2019
    themanlarry repped this.