Going to Qatar 2022: tickets, accommodations, etc. (non-politics)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Danny Ascencio, Oct 22, 2021.

1. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks so much -- that's awesome advice. I'll advise him to contact the DFB, but will say he may strike out. Very kind of you to offer those two GER-CRC tickets. I'll let him know and will PM you.

2. AMooz

AMooz Member

Manchester United
    Argentina
    Jul 5, 2022
    Texas
    wait, you can buy the game specific shirts at the stadium?!

3. miazqd

miazqd Member

Liverpool
    Aug 28, 2019
    There’s still US supporter tickets available

Marius Tresor repped this.
  4. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    #10179 Marius Tresor, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    Is anyone else surprised by the amount of tickets still available on the domestic website? Multiple games with even Category 3 tickets available just a few months before the tournament. Even with foreigners risking to buy tickets on the domestic website, there are still tickets available for most games a week after going on sale. And FIFA have not even released anywhere near all of the tickets for sale. They must have 10's of thousands still to sell for each game. It looks like there will be a lot of empty seats at these games. This is looking like lower demand than 2002. Maybe even than 1990?

Dragonhorse and Jimmy JJ repped this.
  5. brandeau

brandeau Member

Vancouver Whitecaps
    Canada
    Apr 22, 2022
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    same with canada supporter, for all games and cats

miazqd and Marius Tresor repped this.
  6. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    These tickets need to be transferred to the international portal ASAP. One week was more than enough for locals to make their mind in purchasing tickets. Maybe every once a while a new drop to the local portal happen in case someone late decided to attend the games, but these tickets needs to be transferred and sold in the international portal.

nighthawk_2002, NNNJJJ and Marius Tresor repped this.
  7. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    I wonder if it is the concern about accommodations that is preventing that?

jorge805 repped this.
  8. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    I really hope not. They had the expected attendance years in advance, and I hope they are prepared.

nighthawk_2002 and Marius Tresor repped this.
  9. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Sometimes I think that nearly all the people attending the World Cup are in this forum. The demand seems really low, even with people able to attend many games due to the proximity of the stadiums.

Dragonhorse, marianelah and NNNJJJ repped this.
  10. ralfgamer

ralfgamer New Member

Jun 21, 2006
    You had to be member of the supporter club "Fanclub Nationalmannschaft" to order german supporter tickets. Membership number had to be entered in the ticket application. If you did so you got all tickets you applied for (we also have a loyality system based on number of matches attended , but as demand for the WC is very low, that does not matter this time).
    At the moment supporter tickets for all 3 group matches are available in all categories (except of Cat. 1 for the match against Spain).

NNNJJJ and Marius Tresor repped this.
  11. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    But the organizers only had 11 years and 11 months to prepare for this.

marianelah and Ajja216 repped this.
  12. DikkeAap

DikkeAap Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Jun 21, 2022
    If there is someone here who had too many beers, I have one of the below two matches available to trade for any category Argentina vs Mexico:

Wales vs Iran CAT1
    France vs Denmark CAT2

Both are main applicant's tickets, but I'm sure we can figure something out. :D

13. vibrantcolours

Manchester United
    Mar 21, 2022
    Doha, Qatar
    The bare minimum to get out of airport is 1 hour with checked in luggage , I have never got out faster than that , and this is off peak times. World Cup is doing peak time, god knows when you will be out of airport, by the time you check into the apartment it might be 10 pm. I wouldn’t give you any chance of seeing that match

14. Cadu_brazil

Cadu_brazil New Member

Figueirense
    Brazil
    Feb 2, 2022

THANK YOU!!

15. Chapimp

Chapimp Member

Sep 9, 2004

Thank you for the replies. I guess I'll book the 0:00 to 02:00 arrival. Thank you.

16. DikkeAap

DikkeAap Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Jun 21, 2022
    I will arrive at 3 pm and attending my first match at 7 pm the same day at Al Thumama Stadium, also risky?

Do you know if they have lockers at Hamad Airport? Then I could just leave me suitcase at the airport and pick it up after the game.

17. milan24_2000

milan24_2000 Member

AC Milan
    Feb 24, 2018
    Auckland, NZ
    just keep follow the forum, there will be more knockout ticket available from Fifa, if not, I'm sure there will be people who sell them here at face value.

18. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, inside

AMooz, Marius Tresor and Shahabp repped this.
  19. Shahabp

Shahabp Member

May 1, 2022
    Queensland, Australia
    Still risky... bear in mind Immigration, bag claim and costums procedures. Also wait times for transportation, etc, heavy traffic etc. I'd plan to arrive a day earlier if it was possible.

Medmehdii and Marius Tresor repped this.
  20. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. He only wants 1 ticket to each Germany match. Do you know if he signs up now would he get the code to access the ticket portal? I see also this telephone number on the website: 069-67 88 0. Maybe if he calls on Monday he can find out from them.

21. Jimmy JJ

Jimmy JJ Member

Everton FC
    Republic of Ireland
    Jun 9, 2018
    Anybody know if there is a way for 'international residents' to readily see the remaining availability for Qatari Residents?

22. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then I better not get nosebleeds with my Cat 1s.

23. Skippy 69

Skippy 69 Member

Apr 5, 2022
    My experience is that if you want to buy Argentina, Brasil, Germany etc merchandise then there will be loads available everywhere. If you are looking for Senegal, Costa Rica or Australian stuff then forget it. There is usually nothing.

In terms of generic World Cup 2022 merchandise like baseball caps, beer tankards- i find it is usually significantly cheaper to buy these are local corner stores or mini marts compared to at the stadium or in the official merchandise shop. The only thing is the range at the local mini mart will generally be much less so if you are after a special print Qatar 2022 beach towel then your only option to purchase it maybe the official merchandise store.

Cheetah101, Marius Tresor and Shahabp repped this.
  24. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a side note on this. I have a collection of some game day shirts going back to 2006. They’re very limited and sell fast. That’s why enter the stadium as soon as it opens (3 Hours b4 kickoff) and go straight to the souvenir counter.

themanlarry, Marius Tresor and Shahabp repped this.
  25. Skippy 69

Skippy 69 Member

Apr 5, 2022
    Interesting to read all these comments about supporter tickets being available. All the Australian ones sold out within a few hours and loads of people missed out. Our football association also screwed up the process of notifying people of codes. Many fans did not even get the successful/unsuccessful email until 72 after the ticket sales portal opened by which stage there was nothing left. Totally hopeless.

nighthawk_2002 repped this.