Going to Qatar 2022: tickets, accommodations, etc. (non-politics)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Danny Ascencio, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Shahabp

Shahabp Member

May 1, 2022
    Queensland, Australia
    Such an awesome response . Thank you. I'll probably buy the basics online then, and then if I see something special I'll buy over there. Thank you very much for your help.

2. Shahabp

Shahabp Member

May 1, 2022
    Queensland, Australia
    #10152 Shahabp, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    You can use a combination of Wachete, Zapier and Pushover to achieve this. You can set Wachete to check the scanner's page every minute it or so, and then set Zapier to send you a text or push a notification using Pushover to your phone, watch, etc when a change occurs.

diegomaradona1010 and milan24_2000 repped this.
  3. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Where it says:
    M12 I... D12..
    will become
    M12 I1.. D12..
    if cat 1s appear.

4. André Varejão de Azevedo

Sport Club do Recife
    Brazil
    May 19, 2018
    Recife
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You have to observe the numbers that follow the letter "I" of each match. If you only have 3 points, there is nothing available on the international portal.

That's what I understood

Marius Tresor and herewegoagain repped this.
  5. herewegoagain

herewegoagain Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Hahaha it's a great feeling, isn't it? If you were screaming you were doing it just right! Your post made me happy. My father-in-law once took me to Holland v Chile in WC14, when I had no intention to ever watch a WC match. Now THAT had expensive consequences to this day...

Welcome to bigsoccer =))

OzRed, wixson7, Shahabp and 4 others repped this.
  6. tedmak

tedmak Member

Manchester City
    Argentina
    Nov 11, 2017
    A technical question. Has anyone bougjt a hospitality ticket?
    If so, do the systems link or is it possible to buy a ticket that conflicts with another ticket kickoff-wise? Ie - Can i buy a hospitality ticket with a KO time difference less than 4 hours to another match am going to?
    I am satisfied with the matches I have but there a couple of teams and venues I want to tick off.

7. OzRed

OzRed Member

Liverpool FC
    Australia
    Jul 10, 2022
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Many thanks. It was a completely surreal moment in life. Head spinning stuff. At 12.08am (Aussie time) I’m just trying to snare a few extra cheap cat3 group stage tickets to fill in some time whilst in Qatar, already happy with my ticket haul, the final was never ever a thought. At 12.09am I’m going to the World Cup Final and in a state of utter disbelief, thinking wtf has just happened here. Could not sleep that night such was my shock.

8. Glamourboy10

Glamourboy10 Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Dallas,TX
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Definitely cheaper buying beforehand, however the merch onsite is uniquely different. Make sure u get it soonest tho coz it sells out quickly..

Shahabp repped this.
  9. Kimbo19051978

Kimbo19051978 Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I’d suggest leave the fan gear . England fans go without

Shahabp repped this.
  10. dinthedon

dinthedon Member

Newell's Old Boys
    Argentina
    Apr 25, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    probably no more good chances to buy WC Final tickets right? best chances were TST7 (super easy but expensive method) or the single match ticket drop a few days ago (hard but cheaper method). During the final phase the Qataris/Middle Easteners will wake up and swarm the final tickets, and I imagine it'll be almost impossible to grab one. Our best chance is surely during the remainder of this FCFS2 using the scanner, but we don't even know if they'll drop more final tickets

11. blanco101991

blanco101991 New Member

América
    Mexico
    Jul 2, 2022
    Hello everyone, Its my first post and world cup as well and have been in here for 2-3 months and from reading every single post and tip you guys have been handing out has been so helpful thank you. I also had a similar experience as OZRED I got in the portal last Tuesday 25 minutes into it bought all three Mexico games and screamed “YES” as soon as the payment went thru called my dad until he woke up to let him now we had the tickets and we were going to Qatar. Him being so excited and happy meant everything to me. Thank you all for being so great and helpful

ps hope you and your family OZRED have a wonderful time at the world cup

Alopez, OzRed, wixson7 and 12 others repped this.
  12. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When M39I3 hits the alarms around the world will be audible on the moon.

AMooz repped this.
  13. riverplate1201

riverplate1201 New Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 6, 2022
    Y’all think they will be dropping more of those matches this sales phase? :unsure:

14. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    I thought ARG vs MEX was the big one.

15. negrogp

negrogp Member

Argentina
    Apr 15, 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    WOW thanks man

16. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone here familiar with Germany supporter tickets? I just found out that my uncle living in Germany wants to see Germany games, at a minimum M11 Germany-Japan. (Wish I had known this on July 5 as I could have easily gotten him tickets!! :mad: .) Anyway, I know the situation on FIFA.com. But how about the Germany FA supporter allocation? I went to the Germany FA website and it seems to just direct you to the FIFA sale (https://tickets.dfb.de/page/de/fifa-fussball-weltmeisterschaft-katar-2022-tm).

Anyone familiar with how one might get their hands on Germany supporter tickets? I tried changing the team I support to Germany on the ticketing portal, but that didn't do anything.

If not, I'll advise him to try contacting the German FA tomorrow.

17. AMooz

AMooz Member

Manchester United
    Argentina
    Jul 5, 2022
    Texas
    apologies in advance for the noise pollution I cause here…

I thought that too, but was surprised that the Poland game was even harder to get.

18. bruinfan1

bruinfan1 Member

Canada
    Mar 24, 2022
    You're looking for the DFB equivalent of USSF Circle Insiders, correct? The people with the single-use codes to provide public access to tickets reserved for the federation and its supporters?

NNNJJJ repped this.
  19. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Well, as a threshold matter, I am wondering if anyone knows what system DFB even uses. Is it the one-time code like USSF had? I recall from this thread (or maybe another) that only some countries used that system, so that's why I was asking.

20. DikkeAap

DikkeAap Member

Feyenoord
    Netherlands
    Jun 21, 2022
    Lusail has got 80K capacity, 974 only 40K. That is probably the biggest reason.

I've got a similar story as blanco101991 and OzRed by the way. Thank you all for every little piece of advice in this topic. Opened up a million browsers, still took me 1.5 hours to get in though, but managed to secure everything I wanted, except for The Crown of all group stage matches. Almost all games in CAT3 even, so very grateful for all your advice.

And a big thank you to @herewegoagain for the scanner. If the alarm goes off for M24 I will be the one screaming my lungs out. If there is any way to add text message or email notifications, I'd be willing to contribute to that and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

21. Chapimp

Chapimp Member

Sep 9, 2004
    For those familiar with DOH & Doha in general, is it possible to arrive on a 7pm flight, go check into apartment near Msheireb Stations and then make it to the 10pm match at Ahmad Bin All Stadium?

22. GotSoccer?!

GotSoccer?! Member

Liverpool FC
    Mar 26, 2018

To my knowledge, those supporter tickets by their federation (DFB) are really hard to get. You have to be member, you have to travel to various games in order to receiver "loyalty points" (kind of like the FA sytem in England works)...based on these there is a list and various pots/draws are conducted to determine who gets the codes/chance for obtaining EURO/Worldcup-tickets.
    I dont know what the demand is like for Quatar22 among GER-supporters, so it might be worth to call them up...but I would expect him to be at least DFB/Die Mannschaft-member to get a shot at supporter-tickets.

I dont have any tickets for GER-JAP but I do possess 4 tickets for GER-CRI in cat 2 which I dont need and which I will most probably give back to FIFA anyway. In case he is not successfull getting any tickets through the DFB, I can gladly offer those for Face Value.

NNNJJJ repped this.
  23. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    These stories remind me of when I was at the FIFA Ticketing Office in Moscow in 2018 getting my ticket printed and saw an elderly French man reduced to real tears of joy holding his World Cup Final ticket up in the air in disbelief. T'was beautiful!

Welcome to the forum recent arrivals!

OzRed, Cheetah101, wixson7 and 12 others repped this.
  24. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep in mind you wont be able to buy any jersey that isn't Adidas in the FanFest and stadium. Also, most big matches have a game specific shirt with the teams playing and the date.

Shahabp, Galaxian and Marius Tresor repped this.
  25. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    Apologies for interfering without any knowledge about Doha, but this seems very very unlikely to be honest.