Going to Qatar 2022: tickets, accommodations, etc. (non-politics)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Danny Ascencio, Oct 22, 2021.

1. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Maybe something after July 19th when the supporters portals close.

2. Wankdorf 1954

Wankdorf 1954 Member

1.FC Kaiserslautern
    Germany
    Dec 21, 2013
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    2014 and 2018 was Match AG , 2022 is Secutix . We will see

herewegoagain repped this.
  3. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What is the difference? What was euro2020?

4. Wankdorf 1954

Wankdorf 1954 Member

1.FC Kaiserslautern
    Germany
    Dec 21, 2013
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Secutix

5. Luciano Molina

Apr 23, 2014
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Hello everyone,

I have:

1 x Match 57 - QF - Cat 2
    1 x Match 59 - QF - Cat 2
    1 x Match 50 or 52 - 16 Round - Cat 2 (I have both tickets but i'll only use one for Argentina 16 round if we end 1st or 2nd in the group)

I need:

Argentina vs Saudi Arabia
    Argentina vs Mexico
    Argentina vs Poland

Please contact me for trading if it works for you.

Thank you.

6. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely 2010. My whole crew scored finals tickets using the scanner

Jo'Burg 2010 repped this.
  7. Cheetah101

Cheetah101 Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thinking back on my trip to South Africa recently it occurred to me that there are some similarities between Qatar and the Johannesburg/Pretoria/Rustenburg (JPR) area of South Africa. The area roughly circumscribed by the triangle of those three cities is not that different from the area of Qatar itself.

Those three cities had a total of four stadiums between them. And though Rustenburg's stadium was an outlier as far as distance goes, the driving distance between Ellis Park stadium and Loftus Versfeld stadium is surprisingly close to the driving distance between Al Bayt stadium and Al Thumama stadium. As shown in the two google maps images below.

Of course the population of the JPR metropolis is on the order of 5 times that of Qatar, so that makes for a rather big difference when making comparisons. But the drive times for each map are for very late at night when there is little traffic.

Out of the 64 matches in South Africa, 27 of them were held in the four stadiums in the JPR cities, and 21 of those were in Johannesburg/Pretoria.

Maybe the Qatar WC will not be quite as unique as we thought, at least as far as geography goes.

When I drove back to Pretoria, starting at midnight, from the USA v Ghana match in Rustenburg, it took 4 hours when a normal journey should have been 2 hours. Hopefully such traffic nightmares will not occur in Doha.

upload_2022-7-8_14-16-3.png upload_2022-7-8_14-22-12.png

8. Xavierbananas

Xavierbananas Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jun 24, 2022
    It's 4 months until the world cup and I'm a bit freaked out about the covid related restrictions to enter the country, you still need the Ehteraz app with a QR code for the booster which is impossible to get in México and they list quarantine on arrival if you come from certain countries. The quarantine is basically 100% confirmed to be going away because the quarantine hotels are up on the fifa booking website, but will they remove all the other restrictions? If I have to test before entering and by awful luck it comes out positive... damn I don't know what I'd do tbh.

9. AMooz

AMooz Member

Manchester United
    Argentina
    Jul 5, 2022
    Texas
    come to the US and get a booster for free at a pharmacy is one option

Ben F and seba316 repped this.
  10. gessle00

gessle00 Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Club:
    Club América
    I think he means you need the QR showing you have the booster, I got mine at a pharmacy in the USA and you don’t get one of those either there. You only get a paper saying you got boosted. In Mexico you get a QR proving you are fully vaccinated (2 doses) but not for the booster, for that you only get a paper same as the US

HugoSanchez and AMooz repped this.
  11. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    covid trend july 22.jpg

The recent world wide Covid trend is showing the start of an upward curve.
    Anyone planning to visit Qatar knows the risk.
    The last thing organisers will want is a rapid virus spread during the tournament.
    Risk management will be key.
    I think it highly likely that Qatar will require a negative PCR test 48/72 hours before arrival and another negative test on arrival.
    Whilst I haven't seen anything relating to quarantine facilities, they will surely be prepared and have cluster units, or temporary field hospitals ready to use if required.
    If you test positive whilst there I think it highly probable that you will be transported to a "secure" facility for minimum of 10 days.
    As long as you arent vaccine averse, it would make sense to be as up to date as you can be.

12. jmh107

jmh107 Member

Barcelona FC
    Mexico
    May 17, 2018
    Hello all,

Quick question question that I’m sure has been answered by now. I’m working on submitting my Hayya application. But was thinking of purchasing flights now too in order to lock in some of the prices. Do y’all think I should wait until Hayya is approved? I don’t even know how long of a process that might be.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

13. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No, Hayya is quick actually, just be sure you have accommodation reserved in Qatar

14. AMooz

AMooz Member

Manchester United
    Argentina
    Jul 5, 2022
    Texas
    i don’t recommend waiting for your hayya card to be approved as it most likely will get approved - as long as everything lines up (Legit tickets, legit accommodation, etc). It could take a few weeks and flight ticket prices are volatile. But it also depends on your risk aversion.

15. Danielito1

Danielito1 Member

Real Madrid
    Jan 16, 2012
    Miami, United States
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    When applying for Hayya are they asking for vaccination status or anything in that regards where you need to prove it? Or not really?

16. gessle00

gessle00 Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Club:
    Club América
    I totally get this, about the PCR test but this posses another issue, I (and I know a lot of us here) will be taking a side trip to Dubai, others will take more than one side trip, will you have to test every time you go back to Qatar? What if you unknowingly contract Covid while in Qatar and you leave for a couple of days and can’t come back into the country where you might have left luggage or other possessions? Or you need to catch your flight back home from Doha a few days later? This makes risk management way more difficult. Maybe having antigen tests available at reduced prices would make it a little easier. If you know you won’t be able to get back to Doha you wouldn’t make the side trip but still. Guess we won’t know until we’re closer to the tournament.

HugoSanchez and Dragonhorse repped this.
  17. Cheetah101

Cheetah101 Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Short answer: No

Hayya is separate from Ehteraz.

Hayya app will be your visa for entry to country and matches.

Ehteraz app is for COVID: contact tracing, vaccine status, and exposure status.

HugoSanchez repped this.
  18. Jo'Burg 2010

Jo'Burg 2010 Member

Jun 26, 2011
    I seriously doubt that will happen. They would likely need to quarantine thousands, or tens of thousands of people. They don't have the infrastructure for that. I think they will go in the opposite direction and open things up, like the USA has, and many other countries have. The mortality rate is so low now, they will probably decide to just live with it, as many/most other countries already have, including Saudi Arabia, right next door.

HugoSanchez and nighthawk_2002 repped this.
  19. Gane

Gane Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I was thinking something similar, based in Joburg went to both stadiums, drive to Pretoria was under 2hours for Cameroon-Denmark, but the drive from Joburg to Rustenburg was 3 hours for Mexico-uruguay, the way back was 5 hours but that was because of a flat tire

Cheetah101 repped this.
  20. Jo'Burg 2010

Jo'Burg 2010 Member

Jun 26, 2011
    But in the USA, the state keeps a record and you can get the QR on your phone by requesting it from the state's public health department where you received the vaccinations and booster. At least that is the case in the state where I received the vaccinations and booster. The state sends you a text with a link to your QR code that you can download to your phone and it shows the dates of all vaccinations and boosters.

21. gessle00

gessle00 Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Club:
    Club América
    Does that apply for anyone? Even if you get your booster as a tourist? If so could you tell me what you need to get it? I would loke to get that QR from my booster in the US

22. Silwalee

Silwalee Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    May 3, 2022
    USA
    Not sure if it's applicable to tourists... for citizens, yes and that also depends on state. They need some record of your being in the state such as previous doctor's visits, previous vaccinations, etc. When I went to my state's portal to get my vaccination QR, it had all of my previous shots from when I was born to now. So they need to link your record to pre-existing medical records (at least my state was like this).

Jo'Burg 2010 repped this.
  23. Jo'Burg 2010

Jo'Burg 2010 Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Just search for digital COVID vaccine record, or something like that, and put in the state name in the search. That should pull it up for your state.

Silwalee and gessle00 repped this.
  24. gessle00

gessle00 Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Club:
    Club América
    I’ll try to get it but if a tourist can’t get the QR I guess the paper note saying that you were boosted will have to suffice, otherwise almost all of us Mexicans boosted in Mexico or in the US will have trouble to prove we have at least 3 shots and I don’t think they’ll decline the entrance to something like 80,000 Mexicans attending the WC

25. AMooz

AMooz Member

Manchester United
    Argentina
    Jul 5, 2022
    Texas
    it’s definitely available for tourists, I know at least 3 people who got them while visiting.

just make sure you use a big pharmacy (Tom Thumb/QFC, Kroger/Safeway, etc), enter a US valid address, tell them you don’t have insurance, and you’re good to go. Might need a US cell phone number and a def need a US address but it’s easy. They’ll give you a link to a QR code after your appointment.