Going to Qatar 2022: tickets, accommodations, etc. (non-politics)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Danny Ascencio, Oct 22, 2021.

1. herewegoagain

herewegoagain Member

Jun 12, 2018
    No one knows. But most of us will be in big trouble if they start checking ticket names or valid hayya/accomodation for that name.

RegularGuy repped this.
  2. JJAX

JJAX Member

Jun 9, 2022
    This is my first time going to the World Cup so I’m happy to just be at any matches!

USA v Wales cat 2
    Switzerland v Cameroon cat 3
    Japan v Costa Rica cat3
    Cameroon v Serbia cat 3
    Iran v USA cat 2
    Australia v Denmark cat 2
    Ghana v Uruguay cat 2

I got them all in the second phase lottery

Anoo, tedmak, NNNJJJ and 2 others repped this.
  3. herewegoagain

herewegoagain Member

Jun 12, 2018
    #7903 herewegoagain, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    That's awesome!! Can you share which cat? I know higher cats were easy, but I'm yet to hear about one IMT cat3 for high demand group matches and R16s being allocated.

4. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    I agree with most of this, But I have an immediate bias.
    I’m sitting typing this with Covid, and in my case it’s not very pleasant.
    it’s impossible to predict what will happen by November but if worldwide trends follow last year then we will start to see gradual but persistent increase in cases from now until the end of the year.
    As part of the risk management and due diligence I expect there to be an imposed requirement for everyone entering Qatar to show a negative PCR within 48 hours of departure from anywhere in the world. Seems far more likely than not requiring them at all.
    Given my current situation I would support that. I really don’t want to travel and be quarantined for 10 days. Staying home is bad enough.

Jo'Burg 2010 and NNNJJJ repped this.
  5. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    Just checked the place that I did my PCR test last year and prices did go down (big time) as expected.

48 Minutes = $88.8 USD
    8 Hours = $23.4 USD

I still remember the old days where the one hour test was way way expensive. Even here in London, “Biogroup” is no longer crowded :thumbsup:

HugoSanchez and mazinio repped this.
  6. herewegoagain

herewegoagain Member

Jun 12, 2018
    You've got a nice set right there =) I assume you tried cat3 and accepted higher cats in your application?

7. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    @herewegoagain .. for some reason, I always get excited from any comment by you. It’s either a very informative comment or some type of news (ticket updates) :D

djknox, Anoo, Petersonnn and 1 other person repped this.
  8. JJAX

JJAX Member

Jun 9, 2022
    For all the Cat 2 I put in for Cat 2 with the option of moving up to Cat 1. I put in for Cat 3 on the others.

herewegoagain repped this.
  9. Melkien

Melkien New Member

Argentina
    Jun 20, 2022
    Hi guys , sorry if this has been answered or if it is obvious. I have purchased match tickets but can no longer access my ticketing account to change guests / review details. Is this standard until the next sales phase , even if I already bought the tickets?

10. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Yes ,

11. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's hard to fathom this additional responsibility for all of the people utilizing matchday shuttles from Dubai or elsewhere. Flying in for US games I'd have to get one every 4 days, smdh

MacPhistoTerp repped this.
  12. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My experience has been this... I show up at the airport and the airline employee asks for a covid test. I hand them a printed PDF; they circle my name and the word "negative". That's it. When I land at LAX no-one cares. Covid testing requirements are mostly theatre.

djknox, MacPhistoTerp, wixson7 and 7 others repped this.
  13. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.yasmarinacircuit.com/en/f1listingpage

I don't think the website shows all of the availability. When I called them a couple of weeks ago, they had more options than the website. But the grandstands were all sold out except for single tickets. We needed 4 seats together, so the grandstands were not an option. We went with Abu Dhabi Hill (general admission). Then, a few days ago, they announced a new grandstand, a temporary one they are building for the race. It doesn't have a good view of any turns, so it's not the best spot, but I'd rather have a shaded seat than sit on the grass on the Hill. So we called and upgraded our tickets to that grandstand. The website shows it is still available -- 1500 AED for the 3-day ticket. It's called "North Straight Grandstand"; since it's a new thing, there aren't any reviews of it online from past races. That's where we'll be.

NCCFBALL and marianelah repped this.
  14. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  15. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have Sunday open as I arrive Saturday in Doha. What time do the events start and end on Sunday?

17. Alegre

Alegre New Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
  18. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That actually looks pretty cool -- probably a great option if you're not planning on going to games every day. But how are they air conditioning tents?

Also, I can't believe the prices. The "affordability" propaganda was such bullshit.

19. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beachfront camping basically. With a full bath inside the tent. I could do this for a few days. Anything beachfront is an experience. Maybe i'll catch some humpback whales breaching off the coast of Qatar every morning.

20. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Portables work well. Thats what i have here in LA.

21. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I like it, it shouldn't be far from Al Bayt stadium

22. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  23. GoalGoalUSA

GoalGoalUSA Member

Apr 15, 2016
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Solid seats. “Good view” is subjective. This is off a turn and at the start of the longest straight away at the teack. I think it’s a great spot personally - I love the acceleration from a turn.

I’ll see you there!

NNNJJJ repped this.
  24. Worldcup2022-

Worldcup2022- Member

Milan
    Argentina
    Jan 21, 2022
    nighthawk_2002 and HugoSanchez repped this.
  25. Jo'Burg 2010

Jo'Burg 2010 Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Where is that?