Going to Qatar 2022: tickets, accommodations, etc. (non-politics)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Danny Ascencio, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Petersonnn

Petersonnn Member+

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    reading your comments about this issue is the main reason I have a big problem how is the world today. Do you realize that your point is that they are afraid of the MEDIA that they make a big splash out of covid CASES (no, not illness, CASES)? And people are just handling this as a given, like it is okay to totally alter our life, damaging the whole economy and supply chains (which overall has a MUCH WORSE EFFECT ON HEALTH THAN ANY OF THIS THEATER!!!)…

I am just sad reading this lines..

Jo'Burg 2010 repped this.
  2. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  3. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    I am tired of refreshing the FIFA ticketing page for an update.

4. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    me too, and it's obvious all the availability was just testing...

Gazi Tanjil repped this.
  5. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Do you (or others) recall if they made announcements for big drops for WCs last minute phase before 2018? I feel like they didnt in the past and we had to try to refresh at a certain time or use the scanner.

6. JJAX

JJAX Member

Jun 9, 2022
    I only did one application but did not have the same luck. I put in for 30 matches and got 7. All in the group stage. Most are low demand matches. No luck with Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, England, Spain, Germany, France, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal or Belgium.

7. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    Not only the availability, but even the actual date for the FCFS phase.

Do you recall when they announced the date for the first FCFS? Was it one?two? Three days before the actual open

8. djknox

djknox Member+

TFC
    Canada
    Apr 24, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You need to separate one's personal opinion about it from what is reality. There's no one more agitated about this whole covid charade than me. But that doesn't mean the engines of decision making are going to change over night. I have been at high levels of large corporations and I know how they think. Everything I said is how this is rolling. Now you are welcome to ignore all of it, and you might just end up being right, but there is a lot more to how FIFA, their sponsors and likely the Qatari government is viewing this. If your position is that the media is useless and spins narratives to suit their agenda - you're correct. But if you think the organizers of this tournament are going to ignore the down side to negative publicity, you're wrong. Risk Management is an odd animal - especially when there is potentially big damages for a low to moderate probability event. Face reality. the world killed trillions of dollars of their economies to mitigate this pandemic. There is no way FIFA and small state like Qatar is just going to declare all is normal, unless they get big time cover from other governments, big corporations and yes, the media. The media is already on their band wagon about LGBTQ and worker safety for this world cup. They will pounce on the first opportunity to say that Qatar and FIFA are being irresponsible wrt Covid protocols. Like it or not - that is reality.

luck2607, Silwalee and DHMGKorea repped this.
  9. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Because of the way they structured the lottery and having all the matches at the same place there are some fans who decided not to take the 5th, 6th etc choice match that was allocated to them. They are going for top choice or they are not going.

Like others have said we need to see the end of the phase 2 because once someone get the desired match they will likely get many more tickets to other matches to fill their time.

djknox repped this.
  10. Anoo

Anoo Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Mar 30, 2022
    What did you get then?

11. HugoSanchez

HugoSanchez Member

América
    Mexico
    Mar 16, 2022
    Speaking about covid, I'm flying to Doha from Dubai, where I'll be staying for about 24 hours. As things stand today, I would need to get a PCR test in Dubai before departing to Qatar. Do you think ~20 hours would be enough to take the PCR test and get the results or would you advice me to modify my dates?

Hopefully this requirement will be dropped by November, but better be safe than sorry.

12. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    I am 100% sure Dubai have a 2 or even 1 hour service for Covid results. Just google it to double check and make sure to make an actual booking (if needed) and your set to go.

HugoSanchez repped this.
  13. JJAX

JJAX Member

Jun 9, 2022
    USA v Wales
    Switzerland v Cameroon
    Japan v Costa Rica
    Cameroon v Serbia
    Iran v USA
    Australia v Denmark
    Ghana v Uruguay

Anoo repped this.
  14. JJAX

JJAX Member

Jun 9, 2022
    Getting a PCR test in under 2 hours in the US is difficult and costs like $200. Hopefully other countries are better. Antigen tests are easy and cheap with quick results. PCR tests are another story.

15. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes extrmely quick in Dubai.. 6 hours and u have the results

HugoSanchez repped this.
  16. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Iran x usa is gold, u want to swap it ? ;) PM me

Chi.Umich repped this.
  17. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    It is expensive unfortunately even in the GCC area. I remember in Saudi I wanted to do a one hour test and they told me at would cost around $135 USD. Maybe prices have dropped lately but not sure.

18. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a couple of days. I want to say 3

Jo'Burg 2010 repped this.
  19. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PDF editing skills… I’ve used them all over the world.

wixson7, Gazi Tanjil, luck2607 and 6 others repped this.
  20. Ajja216

Ajja216 Member

Saudi Arabia
    Jun 4, 2022
    HAHAHAHAHA … Too risky no?

21. Anoo

Anoo Member

Liverpool FC
    Brazil
    Mar 30, 2022
    Yea. @JJAX could easily swap the Iran vs USA and the Wales vs USA.

22. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that many questions like this have been asked but I haven't really been following and now it's very hard to formulate searches.

So my dates and flights and accommodations are set. I have games on all my dates. But during the next FCFS, I want to try for different games for some days (and then try to put my existing tickets on the resale market) and also to try for second games on some dates.

Unfortunately, when I tried for the lottery, it would not let me apply for what I wanted because there was a conflict with my existing games. I assume they will follow the same rules for the FCFS. What is my best plan here? I am going solo.

Can I create an account for my wife and buy a ticket for her? I would think take a second phone logged in as her but it would be a ticket in her name. She would not have a Hayya card or accommodations. Or is the answer here that nobody really knows yet?

23. HugoSanchez

HugoSanchez Member

América
    Mexico
    Mar 16, 2022
    Excellent news, I'll look into that! Thanks!

24. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    45 usd in dubai and you have the results in 6 hoirs

DHMGKorea, HugoSanchez and MacPhistoTerp repped this.
  25. herewegoagain

herewegoagain Member

Jun 12, 2018
    A few of these are definitely not low demand. Can you share which cat and if you applied the ST route or IMT to all of them?