Going to Qatar 2022: tickets, accommodations, etc. (non-politics)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Danny Ascencio, Oct 22, 2021.

1. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    yep, mainstream papers The Times and Washington Post reporting it now.
    Good news about the ballot (probably)

negrogp repped this.
  2. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    #277 belfasteric, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    Well seems to be getting verification Around the place, seems very much no credit card upfront pay if successful ...gone full uefa

3. Eddy714

Eddy714 Member

Atlas
    Mexico
    Nov 23, 2021
    Not yet. My CC is at max capacity when I try to get 2 tickets.
    Curious if people are buying tickets via hospitality are you guys buying it with a debit card? Or do you have have more than $10k in your CC?

4. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My CC has a higher limit, but it still took multiple calls to the Chase fraud department to get the transaction approved.

Eddy714 repped this.
  5. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I have the tickets prices.
    Cheaper for group games compared to russia 2018.
    More expensive for knock out games.
    MUCH more expensive for the Final !

6. alejo.87

alejo.87 Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Could you share with us? There is no sense in comment that without share anything dude. You are not in a tv show...

PabloSanDiego and Alopez repped this.
  7. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    These are the ones I'd seen earlier, in QAR currency (y en español). Seems in line with the tidbits released in articles, but I guess we will get something official in the next 12-24 hours. IMG-20220119-WA0000.jpg

alejo.87, BocaFan and NNNJJJ repped this.
  8. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It is just because the internal source asked me to not share the table and i respect that, but some colors are ok :)
    Patience amigoooo

wixson7 repped this.
  9. Joeyy

Joeyy Member

Arsenal
    France
    Jul 30, 2019
    Guys,
    If my friend who have a qatar residency apply for tickets, can he buy two tickets cat 4 where the second one is for a non resident (for me)?

10. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I also correct in assuming that there seems to be no limit as to how many matches you can purchase tickets for? For WC 2018, you could only purchase tickets for 7 games, but here it says 6 tickets per game, 60 tickets total.

"For the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ you may apply for up to six (6) tickets per match and you may purchase a maximum of sixty (60) tickets across the entire FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ competition, per postal address. This rule applies whether you apply and/or purchase Individual Match Tickets, Team Specific Tickets, Four-Stadiums Ticket series, or other ticket product."

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/news/apply-for-tickets-fwc22

12. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    One caveat from the Arab Cup. It was not possible to transfer your ticket for any game.

So in one case I bought 6 for Egypt v Lebanon and easily transferred the other 5 to our group.

However when I had a single ticket I could not transfer it. You would need to either give the person your phone or logout and let them sign into your account. UEFA did not impose this restriction for Euro2020.

I actually like it as it will screw the American ticketbrokers who normally do hundreds of apps and sell on at tout prices.

PabloSanDiego, NNNJJJ and themanlarry repped this.
  13. James Lister

James Lister Member

Manchester United
    Bermuda
    Feb 28, 2020
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    "Ticket applications for matches played on the same day will only be possible for some group matches, after the final draw, subject to the compatibility rules to be informed by FIFA Ticketing in FIFA.com/tickets in due course"

Looks like they are limiting the option to go to multiple matches a day.

14. daniisco

daniisco Member

Dec 6, 2017
    "500 internal error"

15. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Will be overloaded you've plenty of time

Marius Tresor and popularside repped this.
  16. Nuri13

Nuri13 Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 27, 2017
    @Scorpyn78 Will you make new scanner for this one? :)

FKCZ, wixson7, NNNJJJ and 1 other person repped this.
  17. HJ1313

HJ1313 Member

Club Deportivo Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Jan 4, 2022
    Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Do you know if it's possible to pay for partial selections? i.e. me and my friend want to apply for the same team specific package (to increase our success chances) plus some randon games. In the case that we are both selected for the team package and some other matches, can we opt not pay for 1 of the team packages but get the other matches?

18. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    You pay for everything you are awarded, or choose to let the payment deadline expire.

Though you'll most likely be able to resale the match ticket through the official channel later unless it is extremely low demand match at a high category.

HJ1313 repped this.
  19. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    As stated it's all or nothing, stops people applying for the maximum number then picking through what to dump

HJ1313 repped this.
  20. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So am I right in seeing that venues aren't confirmed yet for the group matches?

Meh, there goes my plan to randomly buy a game at each stadium (some group games), and just get a surprise for what I get.

:eek:

21. pfc_ivan

pfc_ivan Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    FK Partizan Beograd
    Hi All,

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I thought that for the TST tickets, the person applying (and all other persons under that application) must have a passport of the country for which they are applying to follow. From what I remember, this is how it was for both Brazil & Russia, however, I am at the end of my application now for TST4 and it does not ask me anywhere to input the passport number of the country I want to follow, it only asks to provide my nationality and my passport number.

Maybe if I am successful in drawing the tickets they will ask for proof of being a citizen of that country?

Thanks!

22. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    No anybody can apply for any country's TST in the public sale. So I can apply for Brazil.

Now each country also gets an allocation and they decide how to allocate those tickets.

wixson7 and PabloSanDiego repped this.
  23. kad5726

kad5726 Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    HAHA THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF WC 2014 and 2018 !!! good to see that old chaps are still here and ready o enjoy once more !!

wixson7 and NNNJJJ repped this.
  24. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    ?

I'm seeing a list of kick-off date/times and venues, but no info about the teams (just "Team A v Team B"). That's what you need, isn't it?

The only other info we've got is that the match schedule pdf tells us Groups A and B are playing on day 1, Groups C and D on day 2, etc. After the draw, each day's 4 games will be jiggled into the relevant 4 venues at the preset times.

25. finbarrk

finbarrk Member

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    Jun 11, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I presume the tickets will be proper printed tickets that will be delivered to us as before?