Going to Qatar 2022: tickets, accommodations, etc. (non-politics)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Danny Ascencio, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Tiago Marcaneiro

Oct 6, 2022
    Dubai
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes, December 6 I saw M58

2. negrogp

negrogp Member

Argentina
    Apr 15, 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course, you’re a legend mate

brasileiragem, NNNJJJ, Fedechat and 4 others repped this.
  3. Insanechants

Insanechants Member

Manchester United
    India
    Mar 9, 2018
    No issues mate. The word is being loosely used with -ve connotation and that just seems unfair.
    As you said, a misunderstanding that shouldn't be dwelt upon.

seba316, Benyounes and negrogp repped this.
  4. Gooner32

Gooner32 Member

Arsenal
    Netherlands
    Aug 16, 2022
    Anywhere to watch the morroco match near al bayt stadium Saturday? Trying to get tickets the stadium very early because my friend refuses to take public transport our uber going there was nuts so looking to avoid the traffic.

5. kingcobra123

kingcobra123 Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Jan 4, 2022
    I meant activated. I see the ticket but it's not activated. Does it have to be activated before I can transfer it ?

6. Benyounes

Benyounes Member

Morocco
    May 31, 2022
    The activation only comes on matchday when you get close to the stadium, you can transfer them before that

7. teefy92

teefy92 Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 20, 2018

No You can transfer at any time

8. MonsieuL

MonsieuL Member

Mainz 05
    Germany
    Apr 20, 2014
    SAARLAND
    Club:
    FSV Mainz 05
    It's even possible to transfer after the match is over :D

Copadobrazil014 repped this.
  9. negrogp

negrogp Member

Argentina
    Apr 15, 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bots are on fire. Just checked M57, 15 cartable tickets, gone in a flash

Fedechat repped this.
  10. pfc_ivan

pfc_ivan Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    FK Partizan Beograd
    My tickets were resold on October 9th, however still no refund. Is this normal?

11. BByliner

BByliner Member

Athletic Club
    South Korea
    Apr 18, 2018
    Washington, D.C.
    And 105 section, Row J for England-France gone in the blink of an eye. I don't need any tix for myself anymore but was hoping to cart for others. Can't be done though. It's the way it goes.

12. diegomaradona1010

Sep 16, 2017
    will be after WC

13. ldigiuseppe

ldigiuseppe Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 20, 2022
    Wellington
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It was quite a big drop. Saw many pages, tried to cart a cat 2 lower block and couldn't cart. Went back. Skipped a couple of pages choose a random cat 3 and got carted :D then I checked and it's a lower level, so happy.

14. Anthony Heredia

Anthony Heredia New Member

Arsenal
    Portugal
    Dec 7, 2022
    Mumbai
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Only chance versus the bots is when drop happens for 5-10 mins at a stretch, and u keep trying to select, buy, get msg that it is unavailable, and refresh again and again..i got lucky doing this for England Senegal last week..only other thing I have noticed basis the telegram notification is that if at all there is a time over last week that decent drops have happened has been between 1130 am to noon Qatar time, and during the 6 pm game..(tickets drop for the 10pm game)

15. Cuenca

Cuenca Member

Sep 22, 2022
    I got those, sorry

BByliner repped this.
  16. Cuenca

Cuenca Member

Sep 22, 2022
    I got block 713 cat1 for a friend for M57. If I manage to upgrade that one is there anyone interested on that nosebleed at FV?

Deramzy and Fedechat repped this.
  17. td_evans

td_evans Member

Aug 10, 2022
    I think it's easy to blame bots, but there's literally thousands of people all trying for the same tickets. It's unlike any previous World Cup where you can attend any and every game with just an hrs notice. Previously you'd only be fighting with those already in your city, here you're fighting with every attendee and local here.

I've actually made it a game to spot others on the portal – since my time here I've probably seen 30+ people ranging from someone working the Bein stall in a shopping mall to a group of 4 Polish guys (each with 2 phones!) in front of me at a the Ghana Portugal game.

I remember being at the Brazil game and there were 2 local Qatari boys letting me and 2 guys in front know that there was a drop. They had notifications set-up from a Twitter bot.

18. negrogp

negrogp Member

Argentina
    Apr 15, 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I used to think the same but know I have no doubt it’s the bots

How come then you have people on the WhatsApp groups offering tens of tickets at the same time? Same guy the other day posted 25 for a single game

19. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those of you who bought the easy TST7 back on the first day of FCFS -- well done!!

20. Cuenca

Cuenca Member

Sep 22, 2022
    Australia TST7 was seating there for at least 5 days on first Fcfs. Argentina was gone if few hours and they ended up being the same. Learnings...

GOAT_LEO repped this.
  21. GotSoccer?!

GotSoccer?! Member

Liverpool FC
    Mar 26, 2018
    Thats odd though cause it shouldnt be the same as France advanced as winners of their group. Poland TST7, Mexico TST7 (as hard as ARG) and KSA TST7 should have yielded you the same path as the ARG TST7.

But without trying to be too smart here...you are absolutely right, other teams TST7s that were cartable for many hours would have been the way to go, especially since you were able to give tickets back to resale also. Easiest path (if you can afford it) to get M64 tickets.

Cuenca repped this.
  22. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Learnings...but we will probably never have that golden opportunity again in our lifetimes.

Cuenca repped this.
  23. KeTumi

KeTumi Member

Chelsea
    India
    Nov 9, 2022
    Conscious everyone's probably sorted already but have a two bedroom apartment available between tomorrow and 11th at Al Mansoura (max 4 people).

Staying somewhere else now, so happy to transfer it at 50% of the booking price, or even for free if you're looking (since it'll go to waste otherwise) - leave it to anyone interested to decide what theyre comfortable with.

Separately, has anyone been able to go to a game with multiple people where all tickets are in the name of one person (within the group going)?

Fedechat and MacPhistoTerp repped this.
  24. negrogp

negrogp Member

Argentina
    Apr 15, 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No issues in having many tickets in 1 device. Did it more than once.

marianelah repped this.
  25. Imtiaz

Imtiaz Member

United States
    Feb 23, 2018
    Australia went to r16. Argentina beat them. So aus tst7 becomes Argentina tst I believe.

Itiofele, NNNJJJ and GotSoccer?! repped this.