Going to Qatar 2022: tickets, accommodations, etc. (non-politics)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Danny Ascencio, Oct 22, 2021.

1. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the extra security was for Morocco fans. A large group demanded to be let in without a ticket. One guy put his foot thru a door when they didn’t let him approach the stadium with a screenshot . They were checking everyone phone and moving your screen to make sure it wasn’t a screenshot.

If you have tickets to the 4er, get there really early.

herewegoagain, mkdaman1818 and Vasc0 repped this.
  2. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    On that note, I have to ask - what the hell are people doing facetiming or Instagram-live-ing for long periods during the game. It happened almost every game I was at, unless I was in a very hardcore standing section (eg. for Arg Mex this would not be possible as there were 4 or 5x as many people as seats in the block, at least one policeman/sexcurity per row and if someone behaved like that you'd probably have your phone thrown away). For most other matches, there was always some odd weirdo facetiming and having conversations with whoever showing them the game for long long periods of time. Also, some guy at Kor Portugal who just filmed Ronaldo for almost an hour, and then when he was subbed immediately starting filming Son. Strange world!

marianelah and Untitled repped this.
  3. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I was at the Portugal match tonight after the Morocco match (got there 4 mins after kickoff, didn’t miss anything btw) and the crowd cheered louder for CR7 coming on than any goal that was scored. Lot of casual/fairweather fans here for sure

Martin NYC, Vasc0 and marianelah repped this.
  4. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone been able to extend at Barwa? I’m trying to get back in. Someone told me they’re letting people extend at checkout. I need to get back in there.

5. karimsoccer

karimsoccer New Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Maybe a long shot, but I am still looking to trade 2 M62 Category 1 tickets for 2 M61 (any category is fine). I've been to the last 5 world cups, and this one has definitely been the hardest to get tickets to for the SFs and Finals.

6. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to 13 games and thought the atmosphere was fantastic from all countries except the Europeans and Qatar. Latinos, Africans, Asians, North Americans, and Middle East (except Qatar) all brought it. Maybe the Europeans need beer or something, and the Qataris are not really a football culture.

7. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have/had all the African support too, as the last remaining African country.

8. Marito

Marito Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Nov 8, 2022
    Hi, the manager of the block P last night told me that I have to ask for an extension the day that I have to check out, he also said from 9am to 6pm. So I will be there on thursday trying to get more days

9. herewegoagain

herewegoagain Member

Jun 12, 2018
    #31884 herewegoagain, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    Indeed. M50 was AMAZING, I had a lower block cat3 and I was right with the argentinos. But isn't it odd we only have that atmosphere in Argentina's matches? I went to 5 matches so far and I had problems with security twice and police once. Who knew that it was such a great offense to be standing in the world cup??

F** the police too that didn't allow me back to my seat after I left to purchase water. It took me 5 minutes of heavy arguing to be able to return.

lastdance repped this.
  10. Captain_Chicago_89

United States
    Apr 8, 2022
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I exited the metro at Education at 3:15pm and was past the spectator entrance before 3:30pm, a full 2.5 hours before the match. It was a bit eerie. I clearly noticed an increased security presence. I don’t recall seeing any dogs but they did check my ticket multiple times prior to even getting in sight of the official Spectator Entrance sign. And I was by myself with a USA jersey & USA hat so not someone security would typically stop.

Agree on getting there early. It was great chatting and getting pictures with some of the Moroccan fans. I was even able to pick up 3 complimentary Moroccan flags to hand out to kids that arrived after the flags were gone.

Atmosphere was electric. I was in the very last row of the stadium in a CAT3 seat I had bought back in March. But good view of the field and could even stand up and lean against the back wall. It’s funny, this was actually a much better game experience for me than when I had first row tickets in their section against Portugal back in Moscow.

Very much looking forward to Saturday’s match!

Also I stayed for the entire PK and took the S2S shuttle. Was at my seat in Lusail at 9:45pm before the anthems. But I walked fast and jogged some, and caught the bus at Education seconds before it left. Sharing in case anyone is doing to same combo Friday as I’ll be repeating it.

Attached Files:

11. Medmehdii

Medmehdii Member

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Mar 24, 2022
    10pm which time?

12. akshay

akshay Member

Apr 23, 2009
    DM me. I may be able to help.

13. akshay

akshay Member

Apr 23, 2009
    I have 2 x M57 Cat 1 would love to trade for 2 x M60.

14. Tedward

Tedward Member

FC Barcelona
    Argentina
    Nov 10, 2021
    Anyone here staying at Europa? How’s the transportation situation to games? Seems like it’s pretty far out the way

15. IQ123

IQ123 New Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 2, 2022
    19 pages of Eng vs Fra gone in less than 5 mins (mainly cat1s 1xx block)!

16. ahmed96

ahmed96 New Member

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Sep 27, 2022
    i got 2 cat3 1xx france vs england easy and no queue

17. Itiofele

Itiofele Member

Sporting Cristal
    Peru
    Jan 1, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Maldives!!! Why didn't it occurred to me?

18. Itiofele

Itiofele Member

Sporting Cristal
    Peru
    Jan 1, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I arrived late, and did not see dogs, but horses...

19. Jimmy JJ

Jimmy JJ Member

Everton FC
    Republic of Ireland
    Jun 9, 2018
    Greetings
    Anybody know if the cruise ships (Poesia or others) are doing alcoholic drinks packages? Or just selling drinks individually?
    Thanks

20. Copadobrazil014

Jul 8, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #31895 Copadobrazil014, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    Have 1 extra m57 non transferrable, will trade for ur m59 or ur m60. Need to arrive early to the game together to scan my phone, I'm too old to run these days plus looks like security is beefing up

Reputable members please

21. Ch107

Ch107 Member

Nacional
    Colombia
    Feb 27, 2018
    Some one at the game told me those white empty seats you see sometimes is because those are people at the suites, so they stay there… makes sense since sometimes i would look and it was empty and all of a sudden full

22. Ch107

Ch107 Member

Nacional
    Colombia
    Feb 27, 2018
    Argentina game was great… i took a chance and left the usa game as soon as it ended and when i was in the metro was able to buy tickets…

Fedechat repped this.
  23. Copadobrazil014

Jul 8, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Another person mentioned it could be explained by prayer times

24. akshay

akshay Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Umm they are called penalties :)

lastdance and Copadobrazil014 repped this.
  25. Nakul Sood

Nakul Sood Member

Real Madrid
    India
    Jul 10, 2022
    Germany
    Thank you for this great suggestion. I talked with them after your comment and it did seem to be the most viable option.

But ultimately, a friend I made during this World Cup only came up clutch for me, he only had M56 and readily agreed to help me. I booked a taxi for him from the Clusters to Lusail and he carried my luggage with him to the Stadium and then passed me the “storage ticket” they gave him to collect my bags after the game finished.

So it all worked out quite well.

Also, Education City to Lusail is doable with Metro, I left after that cold-blooded Penalty by Hakimi, ran to the Metro, reached Lusail at 21:45.

Thank you Morocco for doing this to Luis Enrique, he deserves every bit of it.

Untitled, cfp88 and marianelah repped this.