Going to Qatar 2022: tickets, accommodations, etc. (non-politics)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2022 - Qatar' started by Danny Ascencio, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Thank you @madtown for the M40 at FV. Was super patient with my lack of response as I was at France v Tunisia (great match!). I had to boogie out of Education City to run to the shuttle! LOL

Licho, Straight_drive2 and Marius Tresor repped this.
  2. WalesSoccermumof2boys

Swansea City
    Wales
    Jun 12, 2022
    They are mainly volunteers - none get paid.... so they have nothing to lose - and free matches to gain...

3. footballaus

footballaus New Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Need M50 badly, will pay. Happy to swap a M49

4. Anoop Thomas

Anoop Thomas Member

Arsenal
    Brazil
    Oct 20, 2022
    Kerala, India
    Category 2 view for M39. My first world cup match. Lucky to be online at the time of big drop few weeks ago and grab the elusive ticket.

Attached Files:

marianelah and Força Sporting repped this.
  5. kw87hb

kw87hb Member

Werder Bremen
    Germany
    May 6, 2018
    Bremen
    Last Minute Pol-Arg Cat. 4 available!!! DM me

6. TerranceO

TerranceO New Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Thanks for this info. i have Match Club for SFs and Final. How was the Hospitality Area? Food was ok? Is it still open after the match?

7. Gf93

Gf93 Member

Aug 3, 2022
    Thanks, I ended up doing S2S for 38-39
    Went out like in min ‘85 from my seat. Arrived 1h 25 to my seat (on a far away gate from entrance)

Licho repped this.
  8. Alir

Alir Member

Chelsea
    Argentina
    Oct 20, 2022
    In the Entry Permit document I downloaded, only my first name is appearing not my full name. Has anyone else faced this problem, and could it be an issue in immigration?

9. kdb_17

kdb_17 New Member

Man City
    Portugal
    Jan 2, 2022
    Is there any guide about buying tickets from someone directly to make sure it's OK (looked like the transferring process is a little bit tricky for this World Cup)?

10. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ended up getting the S2S from Education City to Lusail. Got here with ample time to use the facilities, get some food and make it to my seat with slightly over 20 minutes before KO.

Now I’m trying to decide what’s the best option to get out of here. I’ve used an Uber (not doing that again), shuttle to Corniche…I may opt for the metro this time.

11. dunkelheit94

dunkelheit94 New Member

Sunderland
    Germany
    Nov 25, 2022
    Big thanks to @minimalfb for the spare M39 ticket for the third in our group of three earlier today.

Argentina fans have put all others to shame - at least the 7 games I've seen so far!

12. Anoop Thomas

Anoop Thomas Member

Arsenal
    Brazil
    Oct 20, 2022
    Kerala, India
    Thank you. That's a good news. Is there any traffic gridlock on the way to Lusail ? I'm planning same on Friday.

Força Sporting repped this.
  13. GoneSouth

GoneSouth Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Unless it goes to extra time, I think you could make it pretty comfortably by taking a Stadium to Stadium bus? Even if there is ET, you might barely make it. You’ll have to walk (run?) about 20-30 minutes to get to the bus hub at Khalifa, but you’ll be dropped off pretty close to the gate at ABA

14. Alir

Alir Member

Chelsea
    Argentina
    Oct 20, 2022
    Planning to do the same with the Match 55 56 combo. Good to see that this looks like a manageable combination.

Força Sporting repped this.
  15. karimsoccer

karimsoccer New Member

Mar 23, 2018
    I have 2 extra M62 Category 1 tickets seated together and looking to swap for 2 M61? I am also willing to trade to other categories for the differences in face value.

16. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Took a few minutes to leave Education City, but nothing out of the norm. Once on the road it was smooth sailings. Note that the bus depot is quite the walk to the stadium but I shuffled to it pretty quick…didn’t want to miss the anthems!

I won’t be going back to Lusail for Friday, I’m done with the place! Three matches was more than enough.

17. BByliner

BByliner Member

Athletic Club
    South Korea
    Apr 18, 2018
    Washington, D.C.
    There appears to be a pretty big drop in FCFS. Was carting 3 M49 when my phone died. Queue is long now. Urgh.

18. alechag

alechag New Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Nov 9, 2022
    I have M52, and i'm looking for M50.

19. Danny Ascencio

Fc Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 22, 2018
    Dallas, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone has an additional ticket for M49.
    In the US support section,
    I am looking for one, thanks in advance!

20. Untitled

Untitled Member

Chelsea
    Oct 6, 2022
    So what do we think is M58 (Education) to M57 (Lusail) doable without leaving early?
    and what do you guys think is the best way to do it? S2S busses (if they're available) or Metro since both have pretty close stations?

21. treacleb

treacleb Member

Mar 23, 2022
    What’s the issue with Lusail that everyone seems not happy about out of curiosity?

22. BByliner

BByliner Member

Athletic Club
    South Korea
    Apr 18, 2018
    Washington, D.C.
    Logged back in. Loads of lower bowl seats for M49 if you are looking. All categories. But alas no drops for many other matches. Guessing other R16 games will see drops in FCFS.

23. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the exact same problem. Except I’m gonna just get to match 50 late. But If the US beats Ned… I May just find a bar to celebrate until the next day. I’ll see Argentina in the quarters .

Marius Tresor and Roberto Braga repped this.
  24. diegomaradona1010

Sep 16, 2017
    It was easy taking the metro home from 974 tonight. I hope the stadium organizers take note and improve logistics for the remaining 2.5 weeks.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  25. Gf93

Gf93 Member

Aug 3, 2022
    Are we able to resell main applicant ticket again?