Going Commando!!! Healthy or not???

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by TO DEVILS, Sep 29, 2006.

1. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I read an article this morning in the Metro newspaper in Toronto that addressed this issue. It seems that the new trend among celebrities is to go COMMANDO!!! But is this a healthy pratice?

According to one Doctor from the University of Ottawa it is, in the article she said for woman suffering from yeast infection, going commando is a very good solution. Yeast infection develops in dark and moisted places, so by keeping it aired it avoids this problem.

Not being completly satisfied by this i investigated a bit more and i found this site: http://canadianwhig.blogspot.com/ that talks about celebs going commando and the health risks that come from it. Chafing being the common issue, specially if you are wearing jeans.

But how does this affect men? Does anybody gone or is currently going commando?

I personally see more downs than ups for men when it comes to going commando. When going to bed at night, in the summer, is a very good practice, but to go commando on a winter day is a different story.

Plus the possibility of having pubs stuck in your zipper is not very attractive.

I would say, men should not go commando, but woman should, specially on a date!!! If not commando at least where a G-String......

2. shamrock_1

shamrock_1 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Porto-Portugal
    This is like Consultório de Maria :D

I don't think it's a good practice. A yeast infection starts when the Candida Albicans (bacterias living in the bowells) grow more than what it should, modifying the PH level in genital areas. Not wearing underwear may expose people to other problems.

It's true Candidas like a moist environment and the best way to avoid it, is to wear cotton underwear, eating yogurt (it has lactic acid - fights the Candidas) and strawberry juice and not wear tight pants and after shower drying very well.

3. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    In terms of sperm-count it's probably good.

4. shamrock_1

shamrock_1 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Porto-Portugal
    How? Can you develop your idea, please? Explain it better. :confused:

5. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wearing boxers or tightie wighties, causes heat, which kills sperm.

6. shamrock_1

shamrock_1 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Porto-Portugal
    It's a myth. Your body needs to be at around 36ºC to produce sperm. When it's cold the production is not so high.
    Wear loose underwear if you fear that problem.

7. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I have had my sperm count checked, it was below normal but i blame a slow day at the office as the reason.

8. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    So i assume, you are not pro-commando!!!

I prefer to wear something between myself and my pants!!! Its like a safety issue...i like to feel snugged....too much freedom is not so good.

9. shamrock_1

shamrock_1 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Porto-Portugal
    No, I'm not pro-commando.

That barrier between you and your pants, will protect you from other bacterias. Just need to be careful about the type of underwear.

10. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I never have taken too much time to really look at what fiber my underwear is made off. Guys are not as picky as woman when it comes to underwear!!!

11. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Seems to me that isn't the only thing your not concerned with:D

12. shamrock_1

shamrock_1 New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Porto-Portugal
    Of course not! This is a very serious and fruitful thread just about underwear. :D

13. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I know its easy to get confused, but dude, you posted in the wrong thread!!!

You probably meant to post in the "I am cunt, is that why i itch? [R]" thread!!!:D

14. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    FACT: I have been going commando since high school.

Once you try it you will never want to wear underwear again.

15. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

:eek: :eek:

16. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    The boys need some room to breathe you know? Like the Police said, "Don't stand too close to me."

17. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I am not passing judgement...i just didn't picture you as the type of guy who would go commando.

I enjoy sleeping commando, but i could not wear jeans and no underwear....it would feel unholy!!!:D

18. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Commando! I am going to try that during basketball practice on Monday!

19. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    Not to mention the skid marks :p

20. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Yo Brian, did you ever get the string thing stuck to your zipper? Just wondering>

21. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    No. You learn to be careful with it. String thing?

22. SFC

SFC New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Portugal
    What the...

I thought this thread was about joining the army or something.

23. Yeast Infection

Yeast Infection New Member

Mar 16, 2010
    I would say going commando is a little gross, with just a thin layer of fabric separating a males package to others.